Hiiii!! Complete newbie here, decided to join Weight Watchers!

lauryn

Evening everybody :)

My name's Lauryn & I'm 24! Gave birth to my daughter 6 months ago and am really struggling to lose the pregnancy weight (PLUS the extra weight I had before pregnancy and since giving birth :sign0007:).

Looking for some friendly help, tips and advice really... firstly I do not know where to start. I really do want to lose the weight, but I also don't seem to have much motivation so hoping having like minded people to talk to will help with that!

I tried SW a few years back and found it easy to follow and good, but I did slip up a lot & didn't lose anywhere near as much as I wanted or needed to! Tried it for a week in January and ended up GAINING 1lb in the 1st week :cry:but to be fair I wasn't really being as good as I should of (I know... own worst enemy :( !!!)

I've since tried Celebrity Slim and found it so hard to stick too... however after doing it for only 3 days I lost 5lbs :bliss:BUT after being naughty I couldn't get back in to it and am pretty sure I've regained that weight now :(

So if you have got this far... well done :D and big thanks for reading!! If anybody has any success stories to share with me, or anything please do!!! I'm at my wits end and really do need a big hard shove in to the right direction! At the minute I'm thinking of trying out WW... but have no experience of it!!

Thanks again!! x

Last edited:
Hi,
I recently joined slimming worls and I think its great!
I would definately reccomend that you stay for the meetings and really use the support from the group. The SW website is really good aswell. I use it a fair bit to use the syn calculator and find recipes to make new things the whole family enjoy.
I am sure once you find the right diet for you then you will be away and be losing the weight in no time.
Good Luck!
Kerry x

Hi Keza :) Thanks for replying hun!

Yeh seeing as I am still a member of SW (after joining 2 months ago!) I think I should go back and start again and stick to it this time, however I can't get my head around HOW it works... with the unlimited amounts of carbs allowed and such :confused: however, u never go hungry which is a bonus!

But I'm drawn to try out WW because it's about portions and eating smaller etc, which makes sense when losing weight :confused::confused:

I don't know... just so confused!! x

Hi I'm new too have the same problem motivation. I have done skimmers world but got bored of it. Doing weight watchers pro points now finding it quite easy especially if got shopping guide and calculator. But you will spend hrs in supermarket working everything out like I did last night lol :)

Hi I'm new too have the same problem motivation. I have done skimmers world but got bored of it. Doing weight watchers pro points now finding it quite easy especially if got shopping guide and calculator. But you will spend hrs in supermarket working everything out like I did last night lol :)

Yep I got bored of SW too! Also couldn't get my head around being able to lose weight whilst eating unlimited amounts of carbs :confused:

Had my WW meeting tonight and bought the deluxe kit with all the books, propoints calculator and tape measure so feeling really positive :)

Hahaha oh no, how long did it take you to do your food shop!?! I'm trying to plan ahead with a shopping list now but I know it'll end up an hour + trip :p

Shopping trip

Hi I was in asda for 2 hrs lol I should have taken a leaf out of your book and planned ahead, will definitely do a shopping list next time. Are you new to weight watchers too? How long have you been doing it? How are you finding the weighing of things and potion size control?

sooooooo love slimming world never hungry so never board!! its the best!!!

I'm with lauryn with slimming world I find it confusing but each to their own different things are going to work for different people and lifestyles. As long as we all loose that's the main thing. My mother in law to be does slimming world and loves it. Some of tricks she uses and recipes work on really low on points for weight watchers too

weddingdiet - I am completely new to WW, I just joined tonight :D going food shopping tomorrow to get supplies lol! Have no idea yet about how I am with portion sizes etc... how are you finding it and how long have u been following WW?

I agree with everything you said! Each to their own - I tried SW twice and didn't do well and failed on both occasions, so I'm hoping I do better this time round on WW! Fingers crossed for us both!! My friend lost over 4 stone on SW though so it works for her!

Hi lauryn only been on it 2 days myself. I bought a pair of cheap scales yesterday and shocked how little pasta can have compared to SW but don't seem to be hungry even eating a lot less so that's good. Deffo get yourself some scales u will need them. I have portioned all my meat and fish already and frozen it in freezer bags

Weddingdiet said:
Hi lauryn only been on it 2 days myself. I bought a pair of cheap scales yesterday and shocked how little pasta can have compared to SW but don't seem to be hungry even eating a lot less so that's good. Deffo get yourself some scales u will need them. I have portioned all my meat and fish already and frozen it in freezer bags

Wow weddingdiet u are very well organised!! Brilliant tip, I might have to borrow that idea ;)

Will also buy some scales tomoro! I mean business this time so I want everything so I do it all right!

Wow well done that's amazing!! I'm made up for u :) is that just following the plan or have u been exercising too?

My weigh in is tomorrow! I'm excited & nervous - it was my sisters b'day on Saturday and I drank a lot of wine!! Ooops! But I've been good, not going over my points allowance and used my weekly allowance for the wine, not all of it though haha, I'm not that much of a drunk!

Been on walks with the dog everyday for at least an hour other than that no Excercise lol I had chips curry and fishcake yesterday and Chinese the night before on girls night out lol so not really stuck to it this weekend although had most of days allowance left and all of weekly for sat an sun. Was a bit naughty this weekend u should be fine with few bottles. Gonna get on wii fit today though just in case. Let me know how u get on xx

Well u have definitely been doing it right, such an amazing loss! I've been meaning to get myself off to the gym but haven't had much chance last week! But I did do a good 2-3hrs dancing on Saturday night hehe!! Yes I will definitely let u know how I get on! x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Had my 1st weigh in tonight... Lost 3lbs! Wahey! I'm really pleased, although it wasn't the half stone I was hoping floor :D haha but I did drink my body weight in rosé wine on Saturday night so still very happy! x

Congrats and well done lauryn bet ur well chuffed it's good we can still have a treat and mess up a bit as we both did lol and still loose

Yes definitely! Which is really good because honestly, I don't feel like I'm on a diet or depriving myself of anything so think weight watchers is definitely the one for us! x

Back