Hit a plateau and only 10lbs in! Help

Qua Sae

I'm fairly new to Slimming World, not even been a member for a month yet & although I've been looking around these forums for some time for syn amounts, I've only just joined!

I need some help/advice.. I've lost 10lbs so far & all within the first 2 weeks & I've been stuck at this same weight since then. It's driving me mad! I've been keeping a food diary & making notes of the syns & my healthy extras.. I can't see anywhere that I am going wrong.

Please send help! Lol. I'm worried that if this keeps up then I'll just abandon it & go on a chocolate binge :cry:

Thanks Silly_Sausage (nice name!)

Here are a few days from my food diary:

Day One:
2 x Chocolate Weetabix & 350ml Skimmed Milk (Healthy a, b & 2 syns)
Spicy Potato Wedges with Tuna & 4 tbsp Extra Light Mayo (2 syns)
SW Burgers & SW Chips with Salad (Free)
Extras: Sprite Zero (Free) & 37g Maltesers (9.5 syns)

Day Two:
Chicken Stir Fry with Veggies & Egg Noodles, Orange Mullerlight (Free)
1/2 Melon, Pineapple (Free)
Jacket Potato with Baked Beans & Salad (Free)
37g Maltesers (9.5 syns)
Extras: 1 Advent Calender Chocolate (1 syn), Toffee Mullerlight (Free)

Day Three:
Chips, Eggs & Baked Beans & Sprite Zero (Free)
Orange Mullerlight (Free)
SW Cottage Pie, 37g Maltesers (9.5 syns)
Highlights Hot Chocolate (2 syns)
- Plus 15 minute walk with dog in the evening.

I've eaten all of my Maltesers now, so they won't be added anymore.. Lol. I'm trying to make my way through some of the chocolate that I was given for Christmas - I might just have to give it away!
As far as I can tell, I am sticking within my syns allowance & I can't really figure out where I'm tripping up :(
(The Chocolate Weetabix have almost all gone now, so they'll be off the menu too, I don't think I'll buy another pack for a while)

I have had this problem before, with calorie counting diets.. I hit this weight & I get stuck at it! Last time I was there for a couple of weeks & ended up jumping off the wagon & gaining back the 10lbs I'd lost & even a couple extra.. I don't want that to happen again!

I don't think you are eating enough fruit and veg if you are doing EE. A third of every meal - including breakfast - should be fruit/veg.

Also, egg noodles. You sure they are free?

If I would suggest anything, it would be to ditch the processed fizzy and chocolatey drinks for a week, drink loads of water and eat a heap of fruit for snacks.

How many weeks have you had no loss for?

A week and a half.. It's not budged at all, except this morning to go up a pound & then back down again :sigh:

They were dry noodles, I'm sure I checked the straight-to-wok ones before opting for the dry because they're pretty high in syns! I wonder why dry are free & fresh are not?

I hope that adding some more fruit & veg will help! Whenever I have salad, it's really heaped so it ends up being about half a plate! Lol. I obviously need to do that with my veggies too & try to add more fruit. (Veggies are easier because we buy them frozen & are cheaper.. Fruit seems rather expensive while we're on a budget)

A week and a half.. It's not budged at all, except this morning to go up a pound & then back down again :sigh:

They were dry noodles, I'm sure I checked the straight-to-wok ones before opting for the dry because they're pretty high in syns! I wonder why dry are free & fresh are not?

I hope that adding some more fruit & veg will help! Whenever I have salad, it's really heaped so it ends up being about half a plate! Lol. I obviously need to do that with my veggies too & try to add more fruit. (Veggies are easier because we buy them frozen & are cheaper.. Fruit seems rather expensive while we're on a budget)

A week and a half is nothing. If you are a lady, you should look at your weight loss over four weeks and take an average. This will take into account any hormoney variances.

You have lost a lot quickly so your body has to catch up with you. Staying the same after a big loss is not uncommon so don't worry about it.

I buy frozen strawberries and raspberries from Farmfoods and add them to cereal. It works out quite cheap.

Oops! I've been caught. Lol. I weigh myself every day because I'm still frightened that I'll wake up in a week, only to discover I've gained all of the weight back! I know it's silly.

If I add frozen strawberries & raspberries, do I need to thaw them first? & How long for? Tbh, strawberries with warm (regular) weetabix would be yummy.

I hope my body catches up soon, but I will definitely keep going.. It makes me feel better to have some reassurance - it's the only thing lacking on the SW online version. I am so thankful for this website!

(& yes, I am a lady ;) )

Youve not hit a plateau with one week of staying the same, and at the moment thats all its been - one week. Stay off the scales midweek because its not an accurate weigh in.

As has already been said youve lost TEN!! lbs in 2 weeks - thats amazing, even counting your sts thats 10lbs in 3 weeks, still pretty blooming good. Youre only half way through the week, stay off the scales and youll probably find they move by wi day

Youre a long long long way away from anything that can be classed a plateau!

I use the frozen berries straight from the freezer in Oato Simple porridge. I add them then microwave it for an extra minute. Pink porridge!

I reckon if you were adding them to a cold cereal, you could just take them out the freezer the night before. The Farmfood ones are good because they don't stick together. £1 for a bag of strawberries and £1.95 for a punnet of raspberries.

I also love raspberries and cottage cheese on a dark rye ryvita.

Back