Hitting 30- time for action!

sallyj

Hi, am new to this forum business and a bit of a technophobe so please bare with me! I'll be 30 next Friday and really want to make a change to my life for good. I've been overweight for the last nine years, and it's really affected my life. I've tried Slimming World, Weight Watchers and Lighter Life all with mixed results. I stumbled across Diet Chef and am seriously considering giving it a go. I'm aiming to start in the first week of May as I've got lots of birthday-related meals and cake to have next week! I need to lose about three to four stone, I want to do it properly this time and keep the weight off. I'd really appreciate any advice about the diet- pros and cons etc and any advice about how to keep positive and motivated....
Sal ;)

I think DC is a really good choice!

My advice would be to stick to it absolutely to the letter for at least the first few weeks before making any substitutions - seeing what you can 'add in', counting your own calories etc. That way you'll see exactly what can be achieved by following the plan to the letter.

Making those substitutions, adding things in etc became the beginning of the end for me and was my downfall. ... Too much choice equalled out of control so I have had to change plans but would thoroughly recommend DC!

You only have to look at Jessica (jrabbit81) and Bryal's results (in their signatures) to see what can be achieved!

As for how to keep positive and motivated .... if there was one answer to that which worked for everybody - none of us would ever fall off the wagon! We're all different .... I think it's all about that space in your head - that thing we call the 'zone' - if you're in that you could be permantently surrounded by chocolate (or whatever your personal 'poison' is) and not even be tempted to have any. If you're not - then even attempting to start is a waste of time.
How to find that 'zone' ??? - I wish I could tell you. Maybe someone else will come along and be able to - I can't I'm sorry.

Good luck to you, let us know what you decide and how you get on! x

i agree with JanD the zone is an imortant place to be, and I am getting back into it. Start on Monday, kids back at school so will be easier. Got a christening this weekend and this is the last of my socials for a while until I can lose some of this bulk. Good luck with your choices and journey.

Yeah, Jan hit the nail on the head. That "zone" is easy to be in one minute, miles away the next. But D/C is good - just that some of us struggle to keep away from the naughty stuff :(

Give it a go :D The food is tasty and we will do our best to keep you motivated :D

Hi, i am 31 and am aiming to lose 6 st, i looked around anad found that DC was probably the best thing for me to try so i start on wednesday! (assuming my parcel arrives on time!)

Back