ProPoints Hitting WW Properly I Hope...

So I tried WW before and had a limited amount of success but fell off the wagon.

I've just got back from a holiday in Greece where I was too embarressed by my body to take my top off or go in the pool.

My wife is 26 weeks pregnant and considerably skinnier than me.

So the time is ripe for a change. With a kid due in Oct and rugby preseason about to start the timing is good. Through work I get cheap membership to a gym and with the rugby fitness sessions I should be able to burn a few points away.

I have 60 pp / day (thank you ukserena) as I am 6ft4 and 20stone ish. Weighing tomorrow morning.

Targets? Well first to get back under 20st. After that 18.5st is my first target weight. After that it will be less about weight and more about body fat percentage. My build means I'll never do well on bmi, but get down around 18st and then work on my body fat percentage.

So first step...weigh in tomorrow then my first day on ww...60 pp sounds a lot, let's see how it works in practice

So weigh in done, seems the constant eating on holiday has added a cvouple of lbs more than I thought. So starting weight is

20st 4lbs

I'm a little disappointed with myself, I swore I wouldn't go over the 20st mark again, but here I am, again tipping (crushing) the scales over the 20st barrier.

So WW starts here.

Plans

• I'll be adding what I eat over the day into a thread in the food diaries bit. This will be for exercise and weight loss
  • Rugby training kicks off tomorrow and will be twice a week. Shame I missed the first one yesterday (especially as they were doing fitness testing in it) but I got back at 2.30am from holiday and was up at 6am to get to work...less than 4 hours sleep is not enough for a 12 hour day and then fitness training!
  • I intend to go to the gym/do cardio at least another 2 times a week - 4 training sessions a week minimum between that and rugby
  • 60pp will be an abseloute maximum. Aim is really to keep it to 50-55pp at the top end
  • Keeping a proper food diary
  • Preplanning meals

Targets

1. Get under 20st
  2. Get under 19.7st
  3. Get under 19st
  4. Get under 18.7st - at this point set new targets for body fat %
  5. Reach 18st

Size

You might think that setting 18st target is not much. And whilst 6ft4 is tall it's not tall enough to justify that accoring to my BMI.

The thing is I am big boned. Now don't get me wrong, that's not me trying to hide the fact that I am fat (very fat), but I also have very large shoulders, chest, etc. One summer about 5-6 years ago(ish) I got down to 8% body fat by spending a lot of time in the gym. Mostly cardio so we're not talking body builder physique - and I still weighed in at 17.5st (off the top of my head). So 18st is a realistic "achievement" to aim at, by which time I will have switched my goals to body fat %'s, waist size and fitness levels.

Effort

This effort is going to be more of a foot slog than last time I did WW as the Mrs is not doing it with me (what with her a) being pregnant and b) being very skinny but for the baby bump anyway). But hopefully the motivation of my embarressment on holiday and the idea of actually being fit for a rugby season since the first time in over a decade will spur me on. Plus there's the not wanting to be that fat dad who can't keep up with his kid...

So wish me luck and, more importantly, some will power! The hard work starts here.

Last edited:
Just realised what a joke bmi is. Whilst I am obese at the moment (accurate) I need to weigh 17st to be overweight (dubious) and 14st to be considered at the very top end of OK. If I weigh 14st you'll be able to count my ribs and I'll be about as weak as a newborn.

Suffice to say I shall be ignoring bmi...

Last night was the first step in my new exercise effort - preseason rugby training started. And it's pretty much broken me.

No idea how many activity points I did. But training included

• 3 laps of the rugby pitch
  • "suicide sprints" - jog 5m - spring back 5m - jog 27m, sprint back 27m, jog 45m - sprint back 45m, jog 63m - sprint back 63m, jog 85m - sprint back 85m, jog 90m - sprint back 90m - No breaks between any of them.
  • 1 min rest then 10 burpies, 10 cross train jerks (too complicated to exlpain imo), 10 squae jumps - x3 sets with no breaks
  • 1 min rest then as many pess ups as you can do in 2 mins (not many)
  • 1 min rest then 1 lap of the rugby pitch
  • 1 min rest then 1 x 90m sprint
  • 10 min rest then some handling drills and "rugby netball" - basic jogging for about 30 mins with the occassional short sprint.
  • 3 minish rest then 5 x 30m sprints

Like I said, I died. Got to count for some APs though

Still hoping to get under 20st for next Tues weigh in - though I do have a long weekend in Hastings so got to be careful about eating out...

Hi!

Just wanted to post and say good luck! I know how you feel.... Just been on holiday and my darling (toned, lean, 6 foot 3) boyfriend proposed to me... Joined weight watchers the day after and weighed a whopping 20 stone 4! So exactly the same as you crept I'm only 5'5!!!

Looking forward to reading about your success! Congrats on your impending arrival of joy!

A quick update

But first - thanks Bride2Be, congrats on the proposal (we only got married a couple of years ago, organising can be a headache but worth every minute of it and love being married). Good luck in your own weight loss! Good to know there is someone else out there weighing the same as me and with commitment to getting it down!

As for my weight loss - been slack updating here as had a long weekend away in Hastings. But I haven't been slacking on trying to lose weight. I had a blip on Saturday thanks to a few beers watching the British Lions trounce Austrailia and then having a plate of chips and battered Cod (cough x2 cod cough). But other than that beeng good with my points.

Exercise has been limited to 2 preseason training sessions (the 1 above plus one yesterday with a massive circuit routine and some submission wrestling of all things).

The good news? A big weight loss as of my weigh in this morning (exactly 1 week on the WW diet).

Down from 20st 4lb to

19st 12lbs

so 6 Lbs loss!

Not going to be managing that every week, obviously a lot of that was the easily lost starting weight I had gained in last few weeks - but a 6lb loss in the first week is not to be sneezed and and helps give me some motivation going forward :)

The long and short of it, my first (easy) target of getting under 20st is hit. 5 more lbs for the next target of 19 and a half st

Congrats on your soon to be new arrival! And well done on the 6lbs weight loss, even with a blip at the weekend!

I've just had a baby four months ago and my god it's hard work, but so worth it! Your little one will give you so much motivation to stick with it. I want to set a good example to my son, so he sees mummy eating healthy and doing exercise. When I have a hard day, I tell myself he needs me to be fit and healthy, not unhealthy and unhappy! My OH and I love taking him out for long walks in the pram!

Congrats x

Back