Hiya Anyone start WW today 1/3/10?

Good luck on your ww journey!
I went to my first meeting tonight but i started ww on monday and i am feeling really positive. I have three stone to lose,but i am determined this time.

Thanks, and the same to you! Im sure if your determined enough then you will do it!! Lots of Luck! xxx

Size102b, as you can see from my ticker, i have lost 1.5lbs this week. Im ok with that- wish it was more, but it looks like this is going to be a slow one! With milk im having Skimmed milk, and i measure out 250ml per day (1point) and use it on cerial and then throughout the day in coffee or tea where need. (i have even been known to have another bowl of cerial in the afternoon!)
For activity i also put down a 0 as i dont work (even though im sure we use more points cleaning the house everyday than in an office job! :rolleyes:) Urm... i havent been to the toilet today (its only 8.30) but i dont need to. And i think im due on my TOTM next week- so im expecting to STS at the next WI. Think i might just have to accept that this seems to be the way im loosing weight. I dont really know much about low GI foods, so im gonna read up on the internet about it today and maybe slowly intergrate it into my diet to see if it makes a difference. I am DETERMINED not to give up I WILL BE THIN!!!! lol!!

Thanks for you help and support! xxx

PS. How are you feeling now?? You said you havent been feeling well, have you been to the doc? xxx

Last edited:
clare h, I think it's just a fact pf life thaty everytime we lose weight we do it slower than the last. That's why in the long run. diets don't work. It has to be an eating plan forever. Also my metabolism slowed down still further after having children. I will rarely lose more than 1lb. Byt guaranteed to put on 2 or 3lbs after a bad week. It is frustrating, but nothing I can do. I do 5 and 6k runs regularly without using the activity points.

Lydna

Thanks, and the same to you! Im sure if your determined enough then you will do it!! Lots of Luck! xxx

Size102b, as you can see from my ticker, i have lost 1.5lbs this week. Im ok with that- wish it was more, but it looks like this is going to be a slow one! With milk im having Skimmed milk, and i measure out 250ml per day (1point) and use it on cerial and then throughout the day in coffee or tea where need. (i have even been known to have another bowl of cerial in the afternoon!)
For activity i also put down a 0 as i dont work (even though im sure we use more points cleaning the house everyday than in an office job! :rolleyes:) Urm... i havent been to the toilet today (its only 8.30) but i dont need to. And i think im due on my TOTM next week- so im expecting to STS at the next WI. Think i might just have to accept that this seems to be the way im loosing weight. I dont really know much about low GI foods, so im gonna read up on the internet about it today and maybe slowly intergrate it into my diet to see if it makes a difference. I am DETERMINED not to give up I WILL BE THIN!!!! lol!!

Thanks for you help and support! xxx

PS. How are you feeling now?? You said you havent been feeling well, have you been to the doc? xxx

Hi I think your doing everything right so just see how it goes? How did it go?

Im better thanx have a toothache and a dental phobia need to go but :cry: xx

clare h, I think it's just a fact pf life thaty everytime we lose weight we do it slower than the last. That's why in the long run. diets don't work. It has to be an eating plan forever. Also my metabolism slowed down still further after having children. I will rarely lose more than 1lb. Byt guaranteed to put on 2 or 3lbs after a bad week. It is frustrating, but nothing I can do. I do 5 and 6k runs regularly without using the activity points.

Lydna

You havent much to lose Lynda so I suppose thats why its 1lb a week?
Well done on the runs :Dxx

lily96Good luck on your ww journey!
I went to my first meeting tonight but i started ww on monday and i am feeling really positive. I have three stone to lose,but i am determined this time. Good Luck lily the 3 stones will soon be gone :Dxx

Thanks ladies! I think your right about the metabolism thing. Ive had a bit of a 'day off' today- kept to my points most of the day and then had a bit of extra dinner (just needed to forget how many points was in everything for a few hours!) Im going to keep at it- but i dont think im up to the 5/6k runs just yet though!!:D ahhh, what would i do without you girls! I really think i would have given up if i didnt have your advice, so a huge thanks
:thankyou:​
xxx

size102b, my DH has a massive fear of dentists (with good cause really tho) and i have to say he has the worst teeth you have ever seen- im constantly nagging at him to go to the dentist. My idea is to get him and LO to go together, because then he cant show any fear because he has to show Izy that its all ok (he he, sneeky i know!) The only problem is the cost- they are soooo expensive arnt they? Good luck tho, take a deep breath and just go for it!

Is everyone else doing ok?? xxx​

I hope you are ok now you put point to the back of your mind.
My teeth arent too bad I have fillings that are 26 years old so I think they need attention,I wouldnt let your little one go with him as my mum made me get my phobia she had one too and Ive had alot of dental work done with some bad dentists,when I lived in London my dentist was on crimewatch for dodgy nhs fiddling :eek: he used to put me under and god know what he did 0 I expect and charge the nhs £100000000 lol
I do have to go as its now worse :cry:
xx

OMG thats awful! the only thing that can make it better is to know that there are some good honest dentists out there who dont hurt you (well, not intentionaly anyway!) so hopefully you can find one, can your friends reccomend one? Always good to go with a recomendation i find. Good luck with the tooth, and if all else fails, use Ouzo- its what everyone here uses for everything from cleaning to teething babies- and yes, it does work to kill tooth pain- and not by drinking so much of it you end up in a coma! lol! xxx

Hi Thanks :sigh: getting a dentist here on the isle of wight is like gold dust we have to rng round and keep asking and then go to NHS direct to get an emergency one and theres not many of them,I was going to ring today BUT no excuses my 10 year old has a bug probably from my little one so shes off school and I cant take her and I have no one to look after her so Ouzo sounds good lol
How are you doing? xx

Hi Ladies, how is everyone doing? Did you all have a good weekend? Mine hasnt been too good :cry:, went over points yesterday and on saturday- only by 2 each day- but its enough isnt it. the problem im having is coffee! If i go to someones house and they offer me a coffee, they tend to use full fat milk and sugar, i do take my own sweetners, but i draw the line at taking my own milk!:rolleyes:

How has everyones WI gone today?? Good luck if your weighing today.

xxx

Hi Claire
Was it your weigh in today? -1.5lbs? Well done you :)
I lost 1.5lbs too was 3lbs Thursday then went down to 1.5lbs this morning,I went under my points by 18.5 over the week (ill)
I think maybe have a different drink at someones house ,water? Know its not the same but saves points or take a little milk in a jar with you that way you can keep track?
xx

:happy096: 1.5lbs is really good! especially since you've not been so well. I had my WI on thurs, thats when i lost. This week i have taken your advice and tried to use low GI foods and i really have seen a difference in my hunger levels, especially when i eat bread, i am feeling alot less hungry, so much so that im struggling to 'eat' all of my points. (coffee not included!:)) I have just eated 3 points worth of biscuits just because i know if i dont i really wont have the chance to eat them all later on! Might even switch to full fat hot chocolate to try to use them all up! Also the weather has just started to get hot, so im now eating alot more salad things, mainly because i dont feel like eating anything hot and salad is the most refreshing thing i can eat.

Im off on 'holiday' next week, just to see the inlaws over easter, i think we are going on thursday. there is no way i will keep to a diet there, i dont eat anything other than rice pudding and bread for the whole time im there. well, i'll ether loose a stone or gain!! Im going to take my green tea with me though so hopefully it will help. xxx

Thanks,yep it was ok but so wanted 2lbs for my 5% lol never hapy haha

Ahh have a lovely time with inlaws maybe try and make better choices will they have salads etc? Bread will make you hungry as its carbs and they are sugar and after eating we crash after a couple of hours and need more sugar,I havent had a piece of bread since starting except ww wraps,I never really have bread on ww as its high in points and makes me hungry.
I think its just learning how to eat healthly thats going to be trail and error dont you,I have to have Low GI foods daily or Ill crave junk so its amazing how they work :)
Oh you have sun,can I have some Please ,its good though as your enjoying salads more,is your OH supportive with your plan?
Hope you have a lovely day :D x

Hey everyone,

Back again after a week or two break from here, just been so busy with work and stuff, but I've tried not to go over too much and done a bit of exercise. So I've stayed the same, but not too bothered as I've not tried my hardest.

Back to it this week though, and will be back dancing like a crazy fool in my room with Just Dance (love it !!!) and doing EA Active with the scary webcam (really makes you realise what you look like so keeps you motivated to keep exercising lol)

Hows everyone else been doing, good losses? The first week I lost 4lbs and the second I stayed the same even after exercising my ass off and sticking to it religiously, then these few weeks I haven't properly done it I still stay the same - so don't really get it lol. Anyway back to it this week, so I'll let you know how I get on.

And Ouzo ... my goodness that brings back bad memories, I remember feeling a bit delicate one morning on holiday lol my boyfriend was worse than me though. They're all so friendly so the waitors must think they are being nice by topping you up, but I don't even like the taste of it so would definitely only use it for cleaning :) Probably good for ulcers and toothache though I imagine.

Have a good evening anyway

Hi S H maybe start afresh with the plan,do fast start to get back in the swing of it? I think actually I know lol I have flaffed around and not doing a plan then weeks have gone by and I think where did that go and I could have lost XX......
Week 1 was fantastic,week 2 maybe your body was adjusting or you didnt have all your points etc and I feel you can get back on track 110% and do this ........
Well done on the exercise x

Thanks,yep it was ok but so wanted 2lbs for my 5% lol never hapy haha

Ahh have a lovely time with inlaws maybe try and make better choices will they have salads etc? Bread will make you hungry as its carbs and they are sugar and after eating we crash after a couple of hours and need more sugar,I havent had a piece of bread since starting except ww wraps,I never really have bread on ww as its high in points and makes me hungry.
I think its just learning how to eat healthly thats going to be trail and error dont you,I have to have Low GI foods daily or Ill crave junk so its amazing how they work :)
Oh you have sun,can I have some Please ,its good though as your enjoying salads more,is your OH supportive with your plan?
Hope you have a lovely day :D x

Dont worry about that extra 0.5lb, it will come off next week!

Unfortunatly i cant make any 'good choices' when im with the inlaws, everything is home baked, so i have no idea what goes into it. The meat over there is sooooooo fatty you would not believe! They make a kind of soup with the meat, and you can see all the white fat on the meat- and they believe thats the best bit! :eek: My BIL keeps telling me to try some kind of milk concoction when i get there, its from when they make cheese from the milk, some kind of left overs from the process and that helps you loose weight, so you can see the kind of things im going to be up against! My OH, is so supportive, when i was having a bad week the other week, it was him who told me i wasnt going to give up! He wants to see me succeed and he wants to help me. which is nice.

S-H, well done you for a STS even though you havent kept to things! I agree with size102b, maybe try a fast start this week and see how much you loose? Good Luck anyway!! xxx

Hi Claire
OMG Id put on a stone if I went to their house? Surely if your OH explains you are on a weightloss plan and would they mind if you shoppd for yourself would they get :eek: then I suppose they 'may' feel disrespected ????
Shame really as you are doing really well.I guess just dont eat too much and you can always go out for a meal together? What day are you going?

that 1/2lb of mine has annoyed me lol
Hope you have a good day ;) x

Yer I'm allowed 22 and 18 is Fast Start so my rule is to always be in between 18 and 22 each day so I have some flexibility with it.

That's what I mean I was so suprised not to put on lbs for the last 2 weeks when I didn't do it properly compared to the second week when I tried so hard and still stayed the same. It makes no sense that I stay the same either not bothering much or really working hard at it lol.

Never mind back to it properly this week and looking forward to WW cottage pie for lunch in a moment. It's only 3 points and it's really nice :) Still get starving hungry come 3/4 o'clock though!

Has anyone tried the Power Plate machine, oh my god they are so good, I've been using it for 3 weeks now and I can really tell the difference on my hips and thighs. Need to up the other exercise though aswell.

Have a good day anyway xxx

Hi Id after week fast start have all your points as last week I cut back 18.5 i was ill,and i lost 3lbs in 4 days then come weigh in I went back up and in the end lost 1.5lbs so put on 1.5 lbs? I do feel it was cutting back on my points.
Also when you drop under stone barriers you wil have to drop more points so when you are on 18 you will have to have 14 to 18,I think maybe do fast start then your points a day to the letter measuring and weighing etc and see?

I want a powerplate,just got a treadmill so money :eek: but they say they are great
well done :) xx

How long are you supposed to do Fast Start for if you stick to 18 points?

The reason I stick to between 18 and 22 is so there is some flexibility between doing Fast Start and my normal points. Because otherwise I'd just eat for the sake of it to make 22 points (just can't get my head around eating all your points when you don't want to lol)

I'm normally around 20 points looking at my diary so to make upto 22 I'd have an extra milky way or something else sweet or crisps. Is that ok, to eat crappy food to make upto 22 :confused:

Yer I know how disappointed you feel that if you're really strict and you don't see the results, it's bloody annoying!

I use the Power Plate at a salon near my work in my lunch for 20 mins twice a week and it's so good. I'd love one at home but sooo expensive and nipping there at lunch is ok anyway. Need to get to the gym more though to make a real difference.

After 22 years of yoyoing I have to relearn how to eat healtly and takes time :)

If you struggle daily eating 22 points then save upto 4 a day and have a special meal or a treat at weekends (a couple of days before the next weigh-in).
I know what you mean 'I' dont think we struggle to eat the points or we wouldnt be on a plan I think its mentally we dont want to ruin/go over plan? Thats how I feel,but I think do fast start which is usually its a week to kick start your weght loss.
Do fast start next then go onto your recommended points daily saving some for a treat? Its quiet easy to use them,having a treat isnt junk its making the plan fit into our lives.
You sound detirmed to do it and I think you will but I think you havent been eating enough.stravation mode.
Oh are you using the branded powerplate ? They are meant to be great,I was looking at a cheaper make to buy.......
I have joined gyms and after a couple of weeks lost interest lol :rolleyes: but if you get a good gym and trainers I think its better,is your one good?
x

Yes you are right, it's not that I struggle to eat them, I could, it's just that when you are following this or any plan it's hard for you to understand that you should eat even if you're not that bothered about doing so. And I'd have a milky way or something else sweet to use my points and it just seems crazy to eat more when you don't feel the need to. Must have something to do with it though because don't know how I STS week 2 whilst doing everything and then week 3 and 4 still STS whilst not doing it properly.

No it's a Tremor Board but does the same job - makes you wobble a lot lol. Instead of buying one can't you go to a salon or gym, they're so expensive and you only need to use it 2/3 times a week.

My gym is ok but the only thing that puts me off is how busy it is after work, which is the only time I can go. The weekends aren't too bad so I try and go then but it's hard when you've got other things to be doing. Once I'm there I actually quite enjoy it, it's just getting there that's the biggest hurdle.

I do 15 mins cross trainer, 15 mins cycling, 15 mins rowing then leg and arm weights. I don't have a trainer but at my induction he told me what plan to do and do the above cardio like interval training which I try to do that 2/3 times a week. 1/2 nights a week I do 5 mins skipping and 5 mins cycling 3 times each to make 15 mins of each. Or if I don't fancy that go on the Wii for 30 mins on Just Dance or Active.

It's just finding time to do it, like I say when I'm doing it it's not too bad.

Back