Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Hiya!

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by Mets, 1 April 2010 Social URL.

1. Mets

Mets Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi all :D

Am I allowed to be cheeky and post a "hello newbie here" thread even though I'm not techinically following Atkins??!! :flirt2:

I followed Atkins last year and managed to drop 1 1/2 stone (cheated an awful lot though!) This year after the Christmas binge, I thought I'd try a different approach and gave Slimming World a whirl. What a mistake that was! I'm so tired all the time, sluggish, bloated, bunged up in the downstairs department :eek: . So I thought to myself, BACK TO LOW-CARBS!!!!!

That's where I feel the best and most energentic and just bloody fantastic! :) So I bought Neris & India's Idiot Proof Diet book and here I am... I'm doing this one instead of Atkins as it's not as restrictive, which is what I struggled with last year. But the principle is still the same, isn't it?

I hope you don't mind if I contribute to the threads in here as well do you? Sounds silly but last year whilst on Atkins, I was a lurker in this forum! I feel like I "know" a lot of you already! :D Bit weird I know but this time, I thought I'd actually join in...

Tell me to sod off to the Low Carb forum if you wish! ;) But it seems pretty dead in there...

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. LVLLM

LVLLM Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Carb Cycling
    Hi mets and welcome :) Ive not really heard of the Neris and India until i was on this forum - how different is it to atkins?

4. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Hi Mets, yes I'd love to see you posting here. :)

Vicky, I think it's just Atkins but with more allowed foods love.

The was an N&I thread around for a while but it seems to have died off.

5. LVLLM

LVLLM Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Carb Cycling
    Thanks Jim

6. Mets

Mets Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks guys! :D

Jim is right - it's pretty much the same as Atkins. I don't think there's much difference to be honest, apart from you can have between 20-30g carbs a day on phase 1 (depending on what suits you) and nuts, albeit only a handful. And that's about it I think??

I think for me, the book is a "nicer" read if that makes sense. Its not written like you're embarking on a "diet" where as that's how I felt with Atkins. It appeared to be much more stricter.

Oh I dunno... I'l probably be doing a combination of the two to be honest! :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.