Hmm, not really happy about this

Yasmine

One last chance
Hi guys, hope you're all doing well.

I have some kinda bad news, well I'm not really happy bout it.

Apparently my pharmacist is a little worried about me being on Lipotrim as I have put my body through ketosis 3 times and haven't given my body a real rest. My mum is also worried that I'll get gall stones and stuff but I feel fine to be honest, and I'm so close to goal!

I'll be having a chat with my pharmacist tomorrow about the sitch and see if I can continue or not. I really hope I can, I'm so close!

Thats unfair if she takes you off my new target is 9'10 i was so glad!
I'd say that you don't feel happy in yourself etc and would like to carry on?

I'm very happy at 10st you see and weight managment would be so much easier for me.

I know you probably don't want to hear this Yasmine, but I'm a straight talking kind of gal;)

I kind of agree with your pharmacist. Not because of the ketosis business (wondering if he really meant that), but because I believe that you need to learn how to maintain your weight first and foremost.

It seems to me that you can either VLCD and do it very well, or overeat big time and be as successful at that too. Meanwhile, you aren't dealing with the real issues ie your relationship with food and with your body image.

I frequently see people on the forums returning to their diet of choice after gaining weight again. Fair enough. Life happens and maintaining the weight is a steep learning curve, but I'm not sure whether I've seen such quick gains and losses as yours...and that concerns me. Not from the physiological side, more that it highlights (to me anyway) that there are some much bigger underlying issues here than gaining a bit over time either through have a little too big portion sizes, or adding a couple of unnecessary snacks now and again.

I also wonder about this statement
I'm very happy at 10st you see and weight managment would be so much easier for me.

Why would it be easier? At 10st you'd get less to eat than at your current weight. As far as your body is concerned it would be harder.

Maintaining your weight was a problem for you last time and from what I remember it was all about how little you could eat...followed by how much. It's really important to learn the lessons from the past and if your head is ready to do that, now you are at a healthy BMI, you wont be too concerned about getting down to 10st anyway.

Speaking as someone who has gained weight very fast and dieted hard many times, I realise now that coming to terms with eating properly is more beneficial in the long run than dieting without being able to manage maintenance.

With love
xx

Hi KD, first I hope all is well with you and I can see you're still maintaining, really gotta give a hand to you.

I appreciate your concerns for me, yeah you remember me from the the problems I had before. Seems like I had much more to learn from being on TFR but I guess that's a problem when it comes to TFR, you don't learn to live with food.

Turns out though that my mum lied about my pharmacist wanting me to come off LT. Again she thinks I'm getting too skinny etc etc same old stuff. But I guess that's just her being a mother.

I know that when I get back to eating I tend to be strict with myself, perhaps a little too strict which then leads me to out of control binging and I don't up my calories enough and I eat too healthily or too little. I am sick of going back on LT to be honest, it's just a fear of being fat is a huge issue with me and I can't seem to be able to trust myself with food. Well, that is last time I went crazy, I know we always say 'Oh this time I'll be careful' but usually end up doing the total opposite.

I don't know if it's also due to jumping from TFR to food a little too soon. It's recommended to do 2 weeks of refeed, but I think my body just wasn't ready yet and perhaps I needed more time to adjust.

What I do know is that this has to be the final time, I truly am fed up of being TFR. I guess it's the huge results in a short space of time that attracts me everytime and the happiness being slim brings to me. I've been reading your diary and a lot of the other mainteners on here for ideas and to get some help on how they have all dealt with the issues of dieting and eating again. I've asked people for advice and have tried to plan, something that I didn't do very well before.

It's a lot more reasuring this time, been doing a lot of research and have tried many methods to calm myself down. Like when I feel cravings and thigns like that. They're not as crazy as they were previously, but I'm sure I'd think differently if eating was an option for me. As it isn't, It's much easier to say :rolleyes:.

As for wanting to be at 10st you do have a point about eating much less than I would at my current weight. It's just I was so happy at 10st, and when I get close to 11st's I tend to hit panic mode. I dunno if I can manage to try and maintain between 10st - 10st 7lbs I wouldn't stress as much.

I know now that it's impossible to maintain on just one set weight unless you Lindsay Lohan or something LOL :p

I'll only know until I get to maintenance, I know very well that my weight will go up, but I don't feel as scared as I was before.

We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Thanks again.

I don't know if it's also due to jumping from TFR to food a little too soon. It's recommended to do 2 weeks of refeed, but I think my body just wasn't ready yet and perhaps I needed more time to adjust.

Possibly. We're all different. My 'refeed' was about 12 weeks and I needed it all.

but I don't feel as scared as I was before.

That's good :cool:

Before I go though :D I'd like to pick up on a couple of things. Okay, I know I'm really stretching the boundaries now and you have every right to tell me to get lost. I certainly wont be offended if you do, and will disappear into other parts of the minimins. So, if you are willing to listen a bit more, ponder over this.
It's just I was so happy at 10st,

and
it's just a fear of being fat is a huge issue with me

Both understandable, but look. If this was a 100% fact, you wouldn't have put the weight back on. Yeah, yeah I know. I do understand because been there....done that a few too many times and years ago when I tried to maintain.

Trouble was, there was something missing If I was truly happy at the lower weight, or really scared of being overweight, I would have maintained whatever the cost.

So what was it about being 10 stone that you didn't like? Why wasn't it enough? There will be a reason. There will be something deep down that made you believe that it was okay not to maintain it. It wasn't that precious to throw away. Something was more important to you at the time?

It may have been the ease of doing a TFR. Not having to face the difficulties of maintenance? Put on enough weight and hey presto, and excuse to TFR again to relieve the pressure?

I'm not saying that's what happened to you, well, at least not consciously, but that's how it feels from what I read and it's something I can really understand.

Think it through Yasmine. Question it. Get every belief system you have about maintenance and TFR and work out what is fact and what comes from your belief system (which might be based on your history, irrational thoughts and all that). Sort it out, because knowing how to maintain is nothing compared with sorting out the head stuff. Just like dieting, it's impossible unless the head is in the right place....well, unless you are a robot in a science lab ;)

Possibly. We're all different. My 'refeed' was about 12 weeks and I needed it all.

That's good :cool:

Before I go though :D I'd like to pick up on a couple of things. Okay, I know I'm really stretching the boundaries now and you have every right to tell me to get lost. I certainly wont be offended if you do, and will disappear into other parts of the minimins. So, if you are willing to listen a bit more, ponder over this.

and

Both understandable, but look. If this was a 100% fact, you wouldn't have put the weight back on. Yeah, yeah I know. I do understand because been there....done that a few too many times and years ago when I tried to maintain.

Trouble was, there was something missing If I was truly happy at the lower weight, or really scared of being overweight, I would have maintained whatever the cost.

So what was it about being 10 stone that you didn't like? Why wasn't it enough? There will be a reason. There will be something deep down that made you believe that it was okay not to maintain it. It wasn't that precious to throw away. Something was more important to you at the time?

It may have been the ease of doing a TFR. Not having to face the difficulties of maintenance? Put on enough weight and hey presto, and excuse to TFR again to relieve the pressure?

I'm not saying that's what happened to you, well, at least not consciously, but that's how it feels from what I read and it's something I can really understand.

Think it through Yasmine. Question it. Get every belief system you have about maintenance and TFR and work out what is fact and what comes from your belief system (which might be based on your history, irrational thoughts and all that). Sort it out, because knowing how to maintain is nothing compared with sorting out the head stuff. Just like dieting, it's impossible unless the head is in the right place....well, unless you are a robot in a science lab ;)

I completely hear you KD. I've done so much thinking being on TFR again. The reasons why I couldn't control myself, why I freaked out so much and I've done so much research on how weight is affected by everyday things such as fluctuations, drinking, excersising everything.

I remember you telling me once before that my body was just being normal when I gained 1lb on my second week of refeed and I reacted so badly to something that my body was naturally suppose to do and would have come off the following week.

I have a plan when I finish TFR and refeed which hopefully will work out for me, because I want to start experimenting on how my body will react and see if it's something that I can adapt to over time.

I plan to eat healthily during the week and on the weekend I will have what I want but not pig out so to speak. If I fancy something that is 'sinful' LOL, then I'll go and have it. This is one experiment, and if I don't gain, I'll see if I can then try and have these things maybe during the week. We'll just see how it goes when I get to that stage :)

Back