Hmmm I ve gained 1lb

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Jacey, 5 July 2007 Social URL.

1. Jacey

Jacey Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(7.87%)
    Diet:
    Heartbreak diet lol
    Hiya

Im on day 1 of CD SS - I weighed myself yesterday and I have gained 1lb and Im not sure why.

I ve not cheated, drank litres of water, am going to the toilet ok and its not my TOTM so any ideas as to why?

Im finding the diet hard as it is so to gain 1lb {although} not much is a bit demoralisng x

Jx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    Hiya J

Try not and weigh everyday as water retention tends to give a very bad result one day and an excellent result that next.

The fact is if you stick to the diet and drink your water then this is the quickest way on earth to be slim, therefore ignore the scales and just smile as you are on your way to being skinny, just got to stick to the plan.

Mike

4. fatboynotyetslim

fatboynotyetslim Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I agree with icemoose. Forget those scales and weigh yourself weekly. You can become obsessed if you weigh daily!!:) If you find the temptation too hard, give the scales to somebody to look after.

Good luck.

5. leehal

leehal Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(15.71%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS+
    My weight can fluctuate by up to 7lbs between being weighed on a morning (after I have been to the loo !) to late afternoon after drinking gallons (well it feels like it).

6. Britmummybites

Britmummybites Full Member

Plus the weight on your scales will more then likely be different to those of your CDC.

7. peachy1982

peachy1982 Silver Member

Diet:
    common sense, everything in moderation
    And you say you are only on day 1 - I know the diet is good but even CD needs some time to work
    stop worrying it will soon start dropping off
    peachy
    x

8. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Totally agree - don't weigh yourself every day.

I weighed myself when i came back from Dublin - had lost 5lb ..... Tuesday i had put on 2lb - and today was back to the same as Monday when i first weighed myself!

On just over 400cals a day, you HAVE to lose weight .... but it doesn't always come off uniformly every day. Look at weekly losses - and bear in mind it is a stone a month you are looking for!

9. peachy1982

peachy1982 Silver Member

Diet:
    common sense, everything in moderation
  10. That's_So_Fetch

That's_So_Fetch Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I think it probably is due to water retention. I wouldnt worry about it. Try not to weigh yourself everyday. Just have it done when with CDC and then stick with that. I know how you feel tho because i used to weigh myself about 3 times a week to see how i was doing but now i dont bother.

If you stick to SS 100% then you will have weightloss so just stay with that thought in your mind and you will do great.

Good Luck xx :)

11. Jacey

Jacey Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(7.87%)
    Diet:
    Heartbreak diet lol
    Hi eveyone

Thank you for your posts / advice etc - I made a typo in my initial post Im on day 11 not day 1 lol.
    I ve always tended to weigh twice a week rather than daily and the most logical answer is that it is prob some form of water retention so I'll keep persevering and see what happens.

Am well peeved at the moment as there are loads of sales on and I need some clothes for my hols in Oct and havent a clue what size I maybe so as well as gaining a pound Im missing out on some retail bargains too!!! boo hoo lol x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.