hmmm...wondering....

TC19

having now lost 20+lbs I was hoping to have dropped a couple of dress sizes too but alas am still in a size 20 (albeit loose) I could go in a 18 but it'd be snug!!

anyone else lost a fair bit of weight but not noticed significant change in their dress size?!

I am a stone lighter than last summer, my 16s were snug then and are still snug now. it's not a great deal of weight lost but I would like to feel some difference in my clothes (and have an excuse to go shopping!).
Oh well, maybe another stone'll do it! :)

I think the reason we don't notice on size as much as we have hoped is cause sometimes when we are bigger we squeeze into a smaller size in cause we don't want to admit we r bigger.
i was wearing a size 16/18 when I started sw this time mainly I squashed into my 16's and I know I did cause most of the buttons are loose or they have tears in so really I should of been wearing a 18/20 and when you look at it that way my size 14 clothes that all fit some are loose feels great.
funny thing is now i'm a 14 i wouldn't dream of squeezing into a 12 cause i would have rolls yet when I was bigger I thought I was hiding it.

It took me a while before I really noticed my clothes getting bigger :D, but when they did, it seemed to happen all of a sudden. I know it was more gradual, but the effect was that I gave away all of my old 18 and 19" collar shirts and 42 or 44" waist trousers, and XXL (and above) t-shirts. I found I was wearing these sizes because I didn;t really have anything else, so I've now replaced some of the stuff with newer, smaller clothes, but not too many! After all, even these will be too big after a few more months.

I'd also say that inspirational as it is to squeeze into a smaller size, just because you can, it can have a negative effect if it's not too comfortable while you're out.
More comfortable clothes will work best, and will look better on you than they did before due to your weight loss.

Ive lost 20 lbs too, and have felt hardly any difference in my clothes. I am much larger though! Think it will take a couple of stone at least to drop a size for me.

I didn't notice the clothes getting looser for the first 3 or 4 stone (but please remember here i've lost over 14st). But then went through a phase of dropping a trouser size every month (but again - i started with a 54inch waist).

It can take time - but once it starts showing - it'll probably start running away from you :)

(and then you get to enjoy the shopping for new wardrobes)

Back