Hmmmmm obsessed?

hennyhamster

Silver Member
Hi all, what do you do when you become to get obsessed with being good on slimming world? I had been good 99% since I began but two days ago I caved and had a binge. This was because I had got so bored with slimming world foods that I wasn't eating enough and felt really tired all the time. I've had no syns at all since to make up for it.
I went for a meal at frankie and benny's the other week and had the healthiest option on the menu and it was really bland and unsatisfting. Next week I am out for a meal the day before weigh in and worrying about how that will go. Don't really know what answer I am hoping for I guess I am just trying to find out how to get the balance right. :(

Ok I guess it's just a case of trying to mix it up. I accept that not all food I can eat will be most delicious possible but I've eaten to much of that food as it is pre sw.

How far you got to target ?

I've lost a stone and have another one to go. I usually make a lasagne and have that with bread, smash pizza, diet coke chicken, chicken chow mein, frylight fry ups, stews, slimming world chips. I really struggle with ideas for lunch as I don't like salad.

I know it's not answer you want to hear but I have to eat things I hate because its good for me I now quite enjoy them. It's just how it is I'm afraid. I love the food on sw .

For your meals out all you can do is choose healthiest sw thing and maybe not enjoy it or flexi sun but accept your losses aren't going to be as good

I used to HATE salad but after forcing myself to eat it and try different combinations I now love it! Have a salad everyday now sometimes twice a day! Keep going with it you might surprise yourself x

I have to say I disagree with the above, rather than focus on what you "cant" have (which isn't much to be honest just prepared differently and you can use syns if you're desperate!) look through your book and see all the things you can have! I don't see st all why you should force yourself to eat things you don't like in the hope you will learn to love them, there is plenty of choice and you can't dislike them all surely?
Lunch ideas have a read through the "what's for lunch" thread, there are thousands of posts of what people are eating for lunch every day. If you have access to a microwave at lunchtime cook bigger portions of dinners and freeze the leftovers to take for lunches the following week. Packed lunches can be so much more than salad. Use your hexb to take crispbreads spread with hexa cheese spread, tomato salsa or puree, sliced meats and tomato. Make a sandwich with hexb bread, cooked meat and roasted peppers.
For snacks, make syn free dips and take vegetable sticks to dip.
There is so much choice on sw I can go weeks without having the same meal twice. Check out the magazines for new ideas, I've got some if my favourite recipes from the mag.
Eating out try and get hold of the menu for where you are going in advance so you can work out what to have. You can flexi syn the meal but then accept you may not lose that week, or make the best choice you can. Perhaps fill up on superfree and free foods during the day so you've got both healthy extras plus your syns to use on dinner. It might mean guessing the hex amounts for one day but it's better than having already used them.
One last thing is plan what you will eat each day so you've got it ready or at least so you know what you are having when you get in at the end of the day, it eliminates that "what's for dinner" hunguy period while deciding which can lead to reaching for the wrong choices.
Good luck x

Eating out doesn't have to be hard on Sw.:eating: If you can look at the menu in advance, it gives you a bit of time to work out what you want to have. You can eat within your syns, have a flexi-syn day or even a totally 'free' meal. (and I don't mean not pay, although that would be lovely!) If you're going to the Harvester, there's loads you can have. Most places will cook or adapt what's on their menu. There's nothing wrong with taking in your frylight for them to cook with, and keeping your own fat free dressing in your bag! If you have a meal a bit earlier before you go out, so you're not starving hungry, you're less likely to make bad choices on the spur of the moment, and you can save syns for alchohol. xx

Last edited:
Thankyou for the replies guys, think I'm getting back on track. Made myself some stew which I am quite enjoying and having that for lunch. Managed to get 3 meals in yesterday for the first time in a while. Really hoping to see a maintain or just a tiny gain tomorrow at weigh in after my little binge. Managed to find a menu for the place I am eating at next week thedeersleap.co.uk. it's the main menu. Think I will go for the bean chilli then if I really want a dessert I will have the sorbet. What do you think? Won at bingo so i can get some groceries in! :)

Bean chilli is good but I find puddings when you eat out are risky as you don't know how much is in the bowl And sorbet is often a better choice than a chocolate cake but its processed fruit so needs synned and sorbet can be laced in hidden sugar. I'm just difficult now tho if I can't work out syns accurately I avoid it as I don't want any bad weeks so far as I can help.

I've lost a stone and have another one to go. I usually make a lasagne and have that with bread, smash pizza, diet coke chicken, chicken chow mein, frylight fry ups, stews, slimming world chips. I really struggle with ideas for lunch as I don't like salad.
I am another one who doesnt like salad. No amount of forcing myself to eat it would actually make me like it bleugh! But as others have said there are so many other things out there to try. Just look on S W website for ideas. What about soups in a flask, or microwave them if you have access to one at work. Or you could cook some pasta or rice and add cooked veg to it and have this at lunch time, cold or warmed up.

Cook what you enjoy is my theory, just change it up so it's SW friendly. There's no need to force yourself to eat food you hate. I hate fruit and don't eat it at all but I've still managed to lose nearly 6 stone. I compensate in other ways and eat plenty of veg but there's no way I'll eat something I dislike just because it's healthy. That doesn't mean I'm not willing to try things again of course, tastes change, but like Scarlett said above, SW is all about the positive - the things you CAN eat. Def check out the SW website and pick up the magazine too - I get tonnes of ideas from it for recipes and also new branded foods that make easy lunches :) x

My point was not explained very well what I meant was compared to pre sw food choices you have to just accept you can't eat all the bad choices all the time and there has to be an element of accepting your new food and diet.

I hate sprouts and would never force myself to eat them I just meant sometimes we have to let go of what we really want or would of chosen pre sw days and accept this is not always going to match up taste wise. Esp when ppl around us get to choose a pizza and we can't/don't

And probably not explained that well either :)

There's so much to have though and I find sw easier when you compare the food with other sw meals not there full fat counter part :) look at positives not what u can't have as everyone says x

Cook what you enjoy is my theory, just change it up so it's SW friendly. There's no need to force yourself to eat food you hate. I hate fruit and don't eat it at all but I've still managed to lose nearly 6 stone. I compensate in other ways and eat plenty of veg but there's no way I'll eat something I dislike just because it's healthy. That doesn't mean I'm not willing to try things again of course, tastes change, but like Scarlett said above, SW is all about the positive - the things you CAN eat. Def check out the SW website and pick up the magazine too - I get tonnes of ideas from it for recipes and also new branded foods that make easy lunches :) x

I love fruit but not good with veg, still managed to lose 2.5 stone by adapting my eating habits. And I love what I eat too. A fatty pizza actually makes me feel queasy now! Would rather have a chilli made by my own fair hands now! :)

Got my mind back into the right place! Had a maintain at weigh in so was really pleased. I'm making chicken chow mein and sausage and bacon casserole tomorrow, my favourites.

Your restaurant looked good - the bean chilli or pan fried salmon would be my choice I think. I would ask for it without the sauce and count some syns for oil as the veg will be stir fried in it (or you could even ask for it to be dry fried) and the egg noddles are likely to be fresh ones, which are also syns. But it would be well worth sving some syns for!!

Look through the forums whenever you are stuck for recipe inspiration hun - I even check the BBC good food website and just adapt to make it SW friendly. There are tons of recipes on there. x

Back