Hmn, not enjoying this first day much...

LoChan1984

Gold Member
Not feeling great on it but it's my first day back at work aswell where I usually want to nibble at this and that *sighs* heh be easier over the weekend I suppose. Got to find distractions now until tea at 6ish, my skin might fall off if I go have a bath for two hours though lol

Not feeling great on it but it's my first day back at work aswell where I usually want to nibble at this and that *sighs* heh be easier over the weekend I suppose. Got to find distractions now until tea at 6ish, my skin might fall off if I go have a bath for two hours though lol

We both started today and we are having the same foods.

I was feeling really good and then the headache started and its one mother of one as well. :sigh:

Mn, I'm think I'll get on the exercise bike for a bit to earn a few extra calories so I don't feel so bad having a bit more or something, drinking plenty but indeed headache city sucks :sigh:

Going shopping tonight for supplies for the man and boy folk of the house, thinking I'll get myself a freeview box for my bedroom so I can go away from the food early tonight lol

ClairBear's 1st Day

Hello
Today I ate:
Granola, blueberries, raspberries and milk
Copious amounts of tea
Nakd bar
Beef and tomato soup with Food Doctor pitta bread
Copious amounts of water and tea
Banana
Nakd bar
Pork & Herb sausage meal with mixed veggies

I tried to eat when I was hungry and also to eat without using the internet etc at work. Then I went out for a diet beverage at the pub with a colleague for a bit of a gossip which was nice.

All the food has been lovely - I would eat it anyway, regardless of whether I was on a 'diet' or not.

I will see if I get hungry later, if I do I will have a biscuit pack or a light yoghurt.

I am really appreciating the lack of cooking involved in it all - as I have no interest in that at the moment.

Hope everyone else is enjoying the food!

ClairBearx :)

Sounds like a good day to me Clair! I think I might get some of those food doctor pittas to have with my soups too tonight, I remember them to be quite tasty. I had some of the nairns cheese bakes with the soup at lunch and although nice it wasn't quite filling enough.

My granola was scrummy this morning I had chopped fresh apricots and a M&S fat free vanilla yoghurt with mine, gorgeousness!

First 2 days are the worse! I felt terrible! You'll be fine, I feel great now!!

My 1st day was good apart from the headache which nothing touches.

I had granola for brekkie with a lemon tea, lunch was the parsnip and honey soup (YUMMY!!!) and dinner was the pork and herb sausage casserole and lots of veg ( cabbage, leek, fine green beans and carrots) all this veg and I didn't go over the 1200 calories I had 63 left enough for some fruit in the late evening and I didn't need it. But I must say had a funny tum after all that veg, not had a ache but could feel that veg (less next time)

I had only 1 coffee, 1 ribena and 2 pints of sparkling water is that enough or should I up it????:confused:

Hey Shep,
Glad to see you are doing well, after the first few days it stops feeling so much like a diet and more like healthy eating! On the water front, I would drink more just to flush out your system which might aid weight loss, and your skin will look fabby!

Hey Shep,
Glad to see you are doing well, after the first few days it stops feeling so much like a diet and more like healthy eating! On the water front, I would drink more just to flush out your system which might aid weight loss, and your skin will look fabby!

Hey will do, how does the skin go, it is smooth? I will def up the water, I try to drink a glass at breakfast time, lunch time and dinner they are extra ones. Am I allow flavored watered if i take into account the calories?

I don't see why not! What about having water with a splash of diluting juice in it, that may have less kcals than normal flavoured water, maybe!

My skin was for years pretty good, then for the last year because my rubbish diet, it was prone to the odd 'teenage' breakout. But initially when I started with the water I got really spotty and now not a spot in site, really clear and smooth!

How are you feeling? I definatley think I have lost weight, can't wait for my weigh in tomorrow morning!:)

I don't see why not! What about having water with a splash of diluting juice in it, that may have less kcals than normal flavoured water, maybe!

My skin was for years pretty good, then for the last year because my rubbish diet, it was prone to the odd 'teenage' breakout. But initially when I started with the water I got really spotty and now not a spot in site, really clear and smooth!

How are you feeling? I definatley think I have lost weight, can't wait for my weigh in tomorrow morning!:)

Feeling really good , upbeat and positive. :D
Jumped on the scales and there is a difference of 2lb but will wait until Tuesday night for weigh in.

Feeling cold but will def have a bit of squash in hot water to keep the water going.

i always have one spot that comes up the week before due on and stays until finished always in the same place, doesn't matter what I do to treat it it never goes but never gets to be a proper spot just a very sore lump just under the skin but very noticable, so this month will be the test for it.

Are you getting weighed in the morning or evening, my weigh in is in the evening so do I starve for the day or eat normally but have my tea a little later, when I got weighed last week I came home and had my tea so perhaps I should do that on a Tuesday to get the correct results. I hope I can lose at least 4lbs I would be over the moon if that happened.

Do you think it is possible to lose a stone in a month, CD does that, but without any food how can DC do it with food?

Do you get weighed at a class then shep? I think you should eat normally I'm not seeing all that much difference between my morning and evening weights with DC - it's a more realistic result if you eat at the normal times (I was down 3lb this morning :D proper WI monday morning).

I'm sure it is possible to lose a stone in a month on DC, even if you have less to lose, maybe add some light exercise in too to boost things. It's not the no food of CD that works it's because it's mad low in calories!

I never want to try the liquid/shake thingy diets, it doesn't teach you anything about eating healthily in the long term.

Do you get weighed at a class then shep? I think you should eat normally I'm not seeing all that much difference between my morning and evening weights with DC - it's a more realistic result if you eat at the normal times (I was down 3lb this morning :D proper WI monday morning).

I'm sure it is possible to lose a stone in a month on DC, even if you have less to lose, maybe add some light exercise in too to boost things. It's not the no food of CD that works it's because it's mad low in calories!

I never want to try the liquid/shake thingy diets, it doesn't teach you anything about eating healthily in the long term.

No just a bunch of us girlies get weighed at a friends house, she a WW counsellor so we tend to think her scales are more accurate, and as we always use her scales it shouldn't mess the weights up, depending on where my scales are makes a difference of + or - 2lbs, and if put in the dining room can add 4lbs, so been doing it for about 1 month now. All the others are on different diets we have WW, SW, Lipotrim and general calorie counting.

That sounds like a brilliant set up :) Is it good having a wide mix of diet point of views or is it too tempting to swap and change if some are doing better than others numberswise?

Mmn the chicken soup is good, bit on the thin side but nice. Got my omega seed mix in it too which seems to complement it quite nicely!

That sounds like a brilliant set up :) Is it good having a wide mix of diet point of views or is it too tempting to swap and change if some are doing better than others numberswise?

Mmn the chicken soup is good, bit on the thin side but nice. Got my omega seed mix in it too which seems to complement it quite nicely!

It is hard listening to the weight losses when you don't have one, but we support each other either way, hopefully I will have my losses from now on.

Re weightloss on DC. I think it's possible to lose 1 stone in the first week, but they don't promise a loss of more than 2lbs a week. This is not a VLCD like Cambridge, etc.

I know that some people dislike the idea of a liquid diet but it's not just about weightloss - the idea is to break an almost addiction and get the weight off fast so there is less chance of getting discouraged. It's difficult - sole sourcing is tough. I had great success on Lipotrim and Cambridge but then developed a bowel disorder (not relating to the liquid diet in anyway) that meant I could not continue. I hit depression and ate ate and ate some more. My own fault. If I'd followed the introducing food steps and maintenance I would have kept the weight off - it's all about changing mental attitudes to food. Most overweight people know about as much about food as an average nutritionalist when you think about it :)

Oh blimey, my last post sounded so preachy - it's not meant to be! Just wanted to share my experience of the whole liquid diet thing, nothing more than that.

Didn't sound preachy Caroline :) I can understand how it works for some people, just not for me I couldn't be that strict with myself. The breaking an addiction wouldn't work for me 'cause it'd be like Lent in my head - I have to go so long without food then rah I can go mad eating again lol

lol That's me on low fat or Slim Fast - low fat in particular is a nightmare in my eyes. I find that focusing on unrefined carbs and sugar in general works best for me.

I am missing my usual pizza at the moment - think I shall do some research tomorrow and see if I can find a decent GI lower cal recipe to try. Thinking may be able to use one of those lovely Food Doctor pittas you recommended and put some tomato puree and grated cheese on it hehe!

Why not indeed? From doing SW and buying the reduced-fat kinda grated cheddar I was surprised how much you could get for the calories. You could still fit it in with DC by swapping it in instead of soup or something - like you said it helps to keep track of the calories too so not too difficult fitting it in!

I made a 'pizza-topped chicken' thing I found somewhere or other on the slimming world forum too which could work, it's nice with a big lot of salad - c&p'd the recipe below:

pizza-topped chicken (SW website)
Prepare your ingredients:
½ small red onion, chopped
½ red pepper, chopped
1 small clove of garlic, crushed
1 tbsp stock, made from Vecon/Bovril
2 vine tomatoes, skinned and chopped
1 tbsp tinned tomatoes
1 tsp tomato puree
1 tsp oregano
1 chicken fillet
Fry Light
42g low fat hard cheese, grated
1 cherry tomato, halved
fresh basil, roughly chopped

Assemble your pizza…
1. Place the onion, pepper and garlic in a small saucepan with the stock and simmer for a few minutes.
2. Add the vine tomatoes to the pan, then the tinned tomatoes, tomato puree and oregano.
Cut the chicken fillet in half horizontally, being careful not to cut it the whole way through. Fold open to make a butterfly shape. Spray a non-stick frying pan lightly with Fry Light then fry the chicken to give colour on both sides. Place the chicken on a baking tray and place in the oven, Gas Mark 7/220ºC for 15-20 minutes.

3. When cooked, place the tomato mixture on top of the chicken. Add the cheese and sprinkle with basil. Place the cherry tomato on the top, then put back in the oven for 5 minutes.

Back