Hobbies

How about a penpal? I keep hearing about Forces Penpals. I am sure you will be able to find something on the web about it. I am guessing these are people stationed overseas. It might be a nice way to make the day of someone going through a tough time and it is the sort of thing that you wouldn't need to do on a daily basis, unless you have lots of them!, so if you did find things getting too much (and i know how you feel if you do!) then it is something you can easily take a break from?

This might sound ridiculous, but I need a hobby!

I spent the majority of my life with depression & barely leaving my bed (which is a good indication of why I gained weight!). I class myself as recovered now, but I'm having a hard time 'finding' myself. I think some hobbies might help. I've got a full time job now, which is something I never thought I'd be able to have!

I've thought of a couple of ideas, I'm hoping to have something fairly active & something that I can do in the home..
So far I have card making/scrapbooking for in the home & possibly learning to ride a horse for outside.. I'll have to lose some weight before I can do that properly though (& save some pennies!)

I cycle to & from work so I don't really want to be doing that & I walk my dog every day. Other than that, I spend most of my time either watching TV or at my computer & I'd really like to break those habits. Plus it'd be nice to have something to talk to people about & meet new people.

What do you all for for hobbies? Do you have any suggestions? x

Funny you should say this as I need a new one too!

Since a freak accident (ironically NOT related to hiking) I've damage calf and ligaments and cannot walk again until Spring:( - hence I need something else;)

Back