Holiday as a reward?

Discussion in 'Holidays' started by Fattack, 22 February 2011 Social URL.

1. Fattack

Fattack Likes to eat

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(23.33%)
    Diet:
    WeightWatchers
    Has anybody given themselves a holiday as a reward for losing weight? If so, where did you go?

I recently came into a wad of money and whilst I'm saving most of it towards moving into a new home in a few months with my boyfriend, I'm very tempted to treat us both to a nice holiday when we get to goal (he's also dieting). BUT i don't want to be *too* extravagant so I wanted to see if anybody else had done the same thing!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. chibi

chibi Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.95%)
    Sounds like a lovely plan that would be well deserved!

I haven't myself but when my mum was loosing weight and reached her target I surprised her with a trip to a nice hotel in York so we could go shopping to buy her a new slimmer wardrobe and then show it off with a few drinks out ^^ she was made up!

4. aislingb

aislingb loves a curlywurly

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8.5lb(16.15%)
    Diet:
    slimming world(extra easy)
    Im going to kusadasi in september with my husband and i feel like its gonna be my reward for losing all my weight..its really good to have something to work towards.its a massive motivation for me :) u dont have to spend loads either hun theres some great package deals out there if you look hard enough! :)

5. Lil_Mrs_Sunshine

Lil_Mrs_Sunshine Spring Challenge!

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.64%)
    For our anniversary the husband and I are off to Scotland for a week. I want to be at goal weight for this date - it gives me about 5 months - i think it should be possible.

Ultimate reward is our honeymoon - we are using our wedding money to go to New York at christmas! =)

6. Fattack

Fattack Likes to eat

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(23.33%)
    Diet:
    WeightWatchers
    Gosh I've been rubbish at checking this thread! I'm hoping to be at my goal by September which coincides with my birthday, so maybe a nice holiday will be a brilliant reward and it should be cheaper around then!

7. smirnoff

smirnoff Overweight or undertall?!

Start Weight:
    11st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    back in 2006 my other half said he would pay for us to go to jamaica if i lost a couple of stone. i managed it and had a fantastic holiday. unfortunately the weight crept back on :(

5 years later we are going to jamaica again on 25 september to celebrate his 40th birthday. he hasn't offered to pay for the holiday but he is giving me a fiver for each pound i lose so at least i should be able to buy some new holiday clothes!

i think it's a great idea, the thought of wearing a bikini is a massive incentive to lose weight :party0049:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.