Holiday Countdown

2 more sleeps til a long weekend in Dublin :) I think i'm gonna try and be as good as possible as trying really hard to lose as much as i can before....

15 more sleeps until we go to Florida and SW will also not be coming with me, i'll deal with that when i get home hehe :devilangel:

I keep being drawn to cruises, but not actually gone on one yet, they are so much more expensive than even a AI holiday somewhere, which i think might be why i have put it off.
Do you not find it quite claustrophobic in the tiny cabins?
Any tips/advice on cruising please let me know, and everyone hope you have fab holidays :wavey:xx

Holiday was fab and got the taste for going abroad now! Am wondering about the possibility of Turkey or Portugal for next year!

It does get very addictive! I love love love going on holiday and try and visit as many places as i can in a set annual buget :D
just saw your signature and you have done so fab :eek: WOW!! Congrats :D x

It does get very addictive! I love love love going on holiday and try and visit as many places as i can in a set annual buget :D

I know I've got lots of emails from groupon about hotel offers here there and everywhere and am so tempted to book ;) I like holidaying in this country too but it was so nice to have lovely weather for 10 days!
Thanks , haven't done so well while on holiday so got to get back on track now ;)

I know I've got lots of emails from groupon about hotel offers here there and everywhere and am so tempted to book ;) I like holidaying in this country too but it was so nice to have lovely weather for 10 days!
Thanks , haven't done so well while on holiday so got to get back on track now ;)

Yeah, but holidays are for enjoying and you've done so great soa little break i think is good for you :)
We do a lot in this country too, we find that you can get a week in a cottage or caravan park, anywhere in the country, for the same price as a weekend hotel break, so we tend to do that, plus you have a bit more space to move around than a dinky hotel room, also they both take doggies, which is also why we love them :) x

Woop woop, 12 more sleeps til Marmaris :D

Also, I'm spending this weekend in York which will be a nice mini-break. It's years since I've been to York, I just hope the weather stays okay!

Woop woop, 12 more sleeps til Marmaris :D

Also, I'm spending this weekend in York which will be a nice mini-break. It's years since I've been to York, I just hope the weather stays okay!

Good luck i hope the weather stays nice in York for you, i'm off to Dublin tomorrow and the 5 day forecast says rain every day :( i hope they're wrong! x

Good luck i hope the weather stays nice in York for you, i'm off to Dublin tomorrow and the 5 day forecast says rain every day :( i hope they're wrong! x

Oh no!! Fingers crossed they are wrong! York forecast doesn't look great either but aslong as it stays dry I'll be happy x

Oh no!! Fingers crossed they are wrong! York forecast doesn't look great either but aslong as it stays dry I'll be happy x

Me too, when are weather forecast ever right anyways lol :p have a fab time! x

Holiday was fab and got the taste for going abroad now! Am wondering about the possibility of Turkey or Portugal for next year!

Glad you had a fab holiday, & yes it does get very addictive, I could plan my holidays for the next 5/10 years!!!!!!! But instead just going with the next two, oh yes I know where I'm going next year & the year after, oh just remembered, the year after that & 2016 (Rio baby).

I transfer money each month into my holiday savings account & make the most of special offers, for example I get regular emails from Ryanair & easyjet & we went to Bergamo in Feb with Ryanair, the flights cost just £29 each, a bargin, plus because it was winter the accomodation was quite cheap as well. Our friends think we've loads of money 'cause we always go away, but I really do scout websites etc & get the cheapest deal. We're off to India in April & as soon as OH confirms the dates he can have off I'll start looking for cheap flights & as soon as I find them get them booked. Wow I do get excited thinking about all this planning holiday lark:D

Glad you had a fab holiday, & yes it does get very addictive, I could plan my holidays for the next 5/10 years!!!!!!! But instead just going with the next two, oh yes I know where I'm going next year & the year after, oh just remembered, the year after that & 2016 (Rio baby).

I transfer money each month into my holiday savings account & make the most of special offers, for example I get regular emails from Ryanair & easyjet & we went to Bergamo in Feb with Ryanair, the flights cost just £29 each, a bargin, plus because it was winter the accomodation was quite cheap as well. Our friends think we've loads of money 'cause we always go away, but I really do scout websites etc & get the cheapest deal. We're off to India in April & as soon as OH confirms the dates he can have off I'll start looking for cheap flights & as soon as I find them get them booked. Wow I do get excited thinking about all this planning holiday lark:D

Hehe, me too. Do you book all of your trips seperately? i.e flights, then hotels, etc or do you use packages? i've found for more local trips such as Europe, it works out much cheaper to do it seperately, but when i tried to do it for Florida, i just couldn't get close to the package prices of say Thomas Cook/Thomson.

We're off to Florida in two weeks and then we are going to Germany in December for a real christmas market, currently trying to decide between Munich and Berlin, i'm thinking Berlin has more history to keep hubby entertained lol :p
Hotels in Germany seemed to be very expensive so am having a bit of a mission finding one, but i will, i'm stubborn that way lol :D x

Hehe, me too. Do you book all of your trips seperately? i.e flights, then hotels, etc or do you use packages? i've found for more local trips such as Europe, it works out much cheaper to do it seperately, but when i tried to do it for Florida, i just couldn't get close to the package prices of say Thomas Cook/Thomson.

We're off to Florida in two weeks and then we are going to Germany in December for a real christmas market, currently trying to decide between Munich and Berlin, i'm thinking Berlin has more history to keep hubby entertained lol :p
Hotels in Germany seemed to be very expensive so am having a bit of a mission finding one, but i will, i'm stubborn that way lol :D x

Yes I do book everything myself, I've not used a travel agent for such a long time. The last few times we've been to Florida it's still been cheaper to book it myself, but I do look around for ages & it always takes a lot of planning. DD was hoping to go to the Christmas market in Breman, but she has just lost her job so not too sure now if she'll make it. Berlin sounds brill, I've been through Munich, many years ago & the only thing I can remember is the amazing clock tower! Have you tried Trivago for cheap hotels or Asiarooms.com asiarooms are not just hotels in Asia.

Yes I do book everything myself, I've not used a travel agent for such a long time. The last few times we've been to Florida it's still been cheaper to book it myself, but I do look around for ages & it always takes a lot of planning. DD was hoping to go to the Christmas market in Breman, but she has just lost her job so not too sure now if she'll make it. Berlin sounds brill, I've been through Munich, many years ago & the only thing I can remember is the amazing clock tower! Have you tried Trivago for cheap hotels or Asiarooms.com asiarooms are not just hotels in Asia.

I generally use Travel Republic and sky scanner for flights and hotels.com for the rooms. With florida though i just couldnt
get close :eek: Me has some learning to do miss teach :p

I generally use Travel Republic and sky scanner for flights and hotels.com for the rooms. With florida though i just couldnt
get close :eek: Me has some learning to do miss teach :p
Aww i hope your daughter gets to go, i get so sad when i can't go on holiday so she must be pretty bummed :(

Where in India are you off to? I'd love to do Kerala, and Goa, and my dream trip is Sri Lanka (not technically India but near enough lok) so i can play with the efalumps :D x

For Florida we booked our flights with Holiday Genie, I can't remember how I came across them, but last Dec the flights cost £432 each & I booked our accomodation through Owners Direct & two weeks in a condo not far from the parks cost £600:eek: That for me was a bargin & for the car hire I used carehire3000 a friend recommended them.

India, oh my is a wonderful place if you like culture, but not if you would get upset at the poverty. We first went to India in Nov 09 & did the north, so went to Taj Mahal, Amristar, Delhi etc, last year we did the south & it was amazing how different the south was in comparison to the north, we went on a houseboat in Kerala & for India standards it wasn't cheap, but was amazing, just me & OH on a boat with staff for a full day, we also went to the southern most tip of India, next year we are going to watch the IPL which will start Kolkata, where else we end up depends on the schedule, we are hoping to go to about 3 matches & we will definately be going on the Darjeeling steam train, I think we'll stay in Darjeeling a couple of days as well.:D

Well... we were supposed to be camping this weekend! We got to our campsite on Friday afternoon and set up camp inbetween the showers but yesterday we went into Newquay and the rain was torrential and it was blowing a gale! By the time we got back, we were soaking, the kitchen tent was blowing in and OH and I just looked at each other and went 'right, we're going home.' Today - brilliant sunshine!!!

We're off to Wales on a Sun £9.50 holiday in October, a weekend in London in November but the biggie we've booked is our Vegas holiday/ wedding in June next year!

I absolutely live for holidays and we've already been to Center Parcs, Bournemouth and Egypt this year!!

Back