Extra Easy Holiday in a week and already worried ;-(

slimgirlfat

Hi all

I started slimming world 4 months ago(16 weeks) and so far i have lost just over 2 stone.

I'm going on holiday with 15 friends next saturday for a week and and i'm already worried about the amount of food and drink i will be doing!!!

I really don't want to put on loads HELP :sigh:

Where are you going? And what kind of accomodation?

its bed and breakfast in ibiza ;-)

Hmmm. Could be a tough one! Are there any girls in the group who don't drink much?

Just have a good time! Try and make healthy eating choices but most of all just have a good time & deal with the damage when your back! Thats what id do, and what i am going to do! xx

I wouldn't worry you know you will be able to get back on it when you get back xxx

When you are there you can make good decisions and bad decisions, lots of fruit and veg, try and stick to the plan as much as you can. & do some swimming! But at the same time you should enjoy your holiday! If you put on a bit of weight, not the end of the world, just get back on it 100% when you get back.

Life happens! Have a good hol xxx

I agree with the others, you have shown you can do it. 2 stone off - well done.
Even if your bad for a week and put weight on as long as you get straight back on plan it will come off.

Dont know what kind of drinker you are but try and stay away from beer - go for wine and spirits with mixers. Unfortunately abroad the only mixer you can get out is diet coke but if your having pre drinks whilst getting ready you can usually get diet lemonade (sprite zero / 7up light) and some places you can even get fanta orange and lemon in the zero variety (and diet tonics)

Drink lots of water as well - maybe at lunch etc go for water with your meal and save the alcohol for the evenings :)

Breakfast - well as thats included its probs going to be pretty basic. Stay away from fresh bread and pastries. Thats bad enough but if you add butter and jams they just become so much worse.

Opt for cooked breakfast (i know its probs swimming in oil) but go for beans, mushrooms, tomatoes, bacon (depends how much fat they have on it) and even the sausage and eggs (although high in fat with the oil they use abroad i think going for something high in protein will fill you up more than carbs in bread (plus lunch options might be limited to sandwiches). Normally they have fresh fruit on offer too - so have some of that (and some places do salad for breakfast)!

For lunch where possible stay away from fried foods, when we went to majorca I opted for a nice salad most days. As it was hot it was refreshing and tasty but does depend on where you go as a group, the places we went tended to do a variety). Other alternative would be omlette, tortilla, meats and fish with fish (rather than burger/ pizza / chips). Try if possible staying away from baguettes although better than burger/ pizza i guess.

When I went on hols to Majorca I would say i followed the principles of slimming world (we were half board) and in 10 days put in a pound. However 8 months later I went all inclusive to fuerteventure and in just 7 days i put on 7.5lbs (i ate so much, 3 courses for breakfast, lunch and dinner including deserts at breakfast, lunch and dinner!!)

Most importantly enjoy your hols. Just try and get straight back on it as soon as you land in the UK. Even if its lunch time and you had a rubbish breakfast - the plan starts from the minute you land. :)

Well I am at target but also going away on Monday Turkey a week All Inc!!!! BUT I am at target like I say I am going to enjoy but try to make healthy choices, not easy I know, specially when I dont like salad n veg, but love fruit. And will hopefully if the water isnt too cold will be swimming. You know how to get it off again, enjoy and then straight back on plan when you return. As has already been said, life happens.

Well that's what's good about SW, you never just screw it up, because it's designed around eating normally, and that includes sometimes having a binge, it happens :) On most diets if you fall off the wagon you may never get back on, but on SW when you return to the plan it's not like you're suddenly deprived. Try having 5 syns the week before and the week after maybe? Good luck :)

I started 4 weeks before my holiday & lost 8lbs before I went in preparation! 2 weeks in Jamaica all inclusive & they even had optics with brandy, whiskey, rum & vodka in the room as well as mixers in the fridge! Not to mention the fantastic cocktails!!!!

Thanks to those 4 weeks training I was able to make good choices from the buffet meals. I avoided salad dressings & had balsamic vinegar, did have 'treats' but maybe half a dozen thin chips, 1/3 thin slice of the chocolate cake (with fresh fruit) for dessert, wine with meals etc. Every day I had scrambled eggs, bacon, tomato, beans (and sometimes a little sausage which was about half a thin chipolata size) plus fresh fruit which tied me over until lunch. A lovely fresh salad for lunch or just chicken from the Jerk beach hut. I wasn't able to be so good at the al la carte restaurants but hey I was in holiday! ;)

You have done so fantastically well I am sure it will automatically kick in to make sensible food choices. Not so sure about alcohol though. Lol. I did try but husband kept force feeding me 'blue caribes' and 'margaritas'' (oh how I'm missing those).

Anyway after all that I weighed in at the first class I could (next day) to see the damage. I'd only put on 1lb so even having my treats it didn't do that much harm.

Have a fantastic holiday & I'm sure the weather will be so warm you won't want to eat loads anyway + no doubt you'll be out dancing the nights away so think of all that exercise!!! :)

Back