Holiday in Thailand...DILEMMA!

1bigfatloser

Hi everyone. I desperately need help.

I am doing atkins, and doing okay on it...its the easiest diet for me and I am good at it and lose weight well on it.
Now my problem is that I am going on holiday to Thailand for over a month and I am determined to continue atkins while I am there. Now I know I can drink vodka out there so I just need to find a low carb mixer I can have...keeping my fingers crossed for soda water. Theres no point denying that I will be drinking most days.

Anyway....my main issue is on the food side...I have never been to Thailand before but I hear it is alot of noodles and rice style food? Now I am wondering what advice you can give me to stick to plan and hopefully some of you will have travelled to Thailand before and be able to point me in the direction of low carb friendly food...taking into consideration I am on a budget so its not like I will be eating ALOT out there but I want to continue to lose if possible and at the very least STS out there.

Thanks xxx

Where are you going? In Bangkok you can eat just about whatever you want, it's a very Westernised city.

Yes, there's a lot of noodles and rice in Thai cooking, however the basis of most meals is meat or seafood, which should be fine. Most resorts will do Western food too. Just don't eat the carbs!

Having said that, my honest advice is to enjoy your holiday and put strict Atkins on the back burner. No point ruining a good thing with worry, and you shouldn't miss out on wonderful Thai food. My only other tip is to go easy on the alcohol. When I went to Thailand it was the hot season (April). One afternoon in Khao San Road, Bangkok, I drank one Black Russian, just the one. Made me feel horribly sick. Mind you, I was morbidly obese at the time; the humidity was almost unbearable for me. Much better at the coast.

Have a wonderful time!

I am going all over, fly to bangkok and then its us and our backpacks so no resorts or anything like that. I definately dont want to just relax and enjoy because from previous experience that leads to 1 stone gain within about a week :(

Back