holiday questions o/t!

LISACDVIRGIN

Silver Member
Hello all!
Just a few questions off topic!

I go to Lanzarote 3 weeks on Sunday(counting down the days) and thought I'd pick ur brains.

I have a 16 month old son who is good as gold but also the busiest and most active child ever! the flight to Lanzarote is 4 and a half hours long and im dreading it!! have any of u flown with small chldren b4?? i dont have a seat for him as he is an infant but he is tall and does not sit still! he wont lie and cuddle in- he hates cuddles-- he just always have to be doing stuff! any ideas on how to keep him amused?

also do u know where is selling any nice tankinis? i have already got 1 from asda that i love and have saw 1 in la senza. I'm a size 20 at the mo and will be 18 by the time i go. i have big boobs so need something to support them!!!

anyway sorry so off topic but thought u ladies (and gents) might be able to help!
hope ur all doin fab xx

p.s oh also have any of u been to Lanzarote? its the only canary island i havent been 2...wots it like?x

Hi honey:) I can help with the tankinis. Look at the Bravissimo website, they have really nice supportive tops, or Figleaves website, especially for us ladies who are ...erm.. blessed ;)

Never flown with a toddler, but just take crayons and stuff, hopefully he will be fascinated by the new experience, that it might occupy him? Portable DVD players are worth their weight in gold I find

Hello all!
Just a few questions off topic!

I go to Lanzarote 3 weeks on Sunday(counting down the days) and thought I'd pick ur brains.

I have a 16 month old son who is good as gold but also the busiest and most active child ever! the flight to Lanzarote is 4 and a half hours long and im dreading it!! have any of u flown with small chldren b4?? i dont have a seat for him as he is an infant but he is tall and does not sit still! he wont lie and cuddle in- he hates cuddles-- he just always have to be doing stuff! any ideas on how to keep him amused?

also do u know where is selling any nice tankinis? i have already got 1 from asda that i love and have saw 1 in la senza. I'm a size 20 at the mo and will be 18 by the time i go. i have big boobs so need something to support them!!!

anyway sorry so off topic but thought u ladies (and gents) might be able to help!
hope ur all doin fab xx

p.s oh also have any of u been to Lanzarote? its the only canary island i havent been 2...wots it like?x

ive taken both my kids, but both were asleep the whole time lol so as for amusing them i would only suggest drawings, books etc.

i got a gorgeous tankini from BHS nicest one ive ever bought and it cost about 10 quid.

ive been to lanzorte too but i found it quite boring for me and the evenings were really really windy lol, ive been to all the other canary islands and will say this wasnt the best but it all depends which part, i can only say for where i went. hope you have a fab time.xxxxx

oh yeah im gonna take a portable dvd! hopefully it wont be too bad and he will sleep also. flight leaves at lunch time so he will be about ready for afternoon nap. i just have visions of him crawling over ppl and saying "hiya!!" - his fav word- in there faces lol!
Right im off to look at tankinis now. we certainly r "blessed" heehee xx

oh p.s. will reply to ur msg after i do some much needed online shopping mrs :D

next have some bloody gorgeous ones.
And the flight:
colouring books, pens, crayons. Also some airlines give kiddies things to do

thanku saralett! yeah i heard it was windy that was reason we booked it so it not too hot for baby! i got a tankini from bhs last year, i'l look on there website too! as long as its sunny during day and has nice restaurants and alcohol im happy!!
x

hey kimmie thanku, yeah i looked at next they do look gorgeous. i think i might get 1 of the support bra ones from there. altho everytime i try to buy online its sold out!! i like the reversible stripe and polkadot 1 2 from next.
hopefully he'll be happy with books and crayons.....hopefully!

20211.jpg

this is what i got but it was brown with thin lines of turqoius (sp?) it suits the 'larger' woman, well my hubby says anyway lol

with my neice when we went turkey, we toke books, some games, her fave teady, sweeties, and books n crayons lol. she was really good.
do you want me to look for tankinis lol i love online shopping

oh i love the bravissimo 1's ceecee!! ;) they r fab!
yes kimmie feel free! i love browsing about shops online 2!!

du739v01m
and its underwired =]

I bought one from Bravissimo and the quality is fab! I think mine is called Grace.

As for the flying, we flew to San Fransisco quite a few times when Ellie was small - an 11 hour flight, and we've been once with the both of them. The motion of the plane will help them fall asleep, and definitely take drawing things and maybe a small bag of new toys, they get so excited looking through and playing with new things. Ellie liked to watch a film too, depending what was on!

have a great time! xx

Re Lanzarote - which resort are you going to? It can get quite windy in Costa Teguise (great if you're into windsurfing :rolleyes: ) but not so much on the southern coast - Puerto del Carmen/Playa Blanca. In fact its usually a few degrees hotter there!

A lot depends on what you want when you are there- again the beaches are 'sandier' in the south but as its volcanic, you often get the muddy coloured sand which my kids loved to get covered in....

The sunday market at Arrecife is fantastic - whether you go on a tour or just get the local buses and absolutely try to go see the volcanoes!!

As for the flight - all the suggestions are brilliant - I especially like the idea of a small selection of new toys as he'll not have seen them before so might keep amused for longer.....Crayons and a scribble pad are a must and I found a couple of toy cars (old favourites or new bought at the airport......) went down well as mine used the trays as 'roads' :D

Oh - if you've not flown before with him, make sure you take a bottle or sippy cup (obviously empty till you've gone through security :eek:) as I found when my boys were little, sucking helped them to get over the air pressure changes.....

And hopefully you'll find a willing adult to entertain them over the seat back...thats usually me when I'm travelling alone!!!!

and Bravissimo...EVERYTIME :D

aaaaw Debbie thanku so much!
im going to matagorda which is just outside peurto del carmen?
i cant wait!! im defo gonna go to the market in arrecriefe! i had heard of it before...and i think i'l go on a day trip over to feurtaventura!
i flew with him when he was six months old and like u gave him a bottle when taking off to avoid pressure on his wee ears.
bravissimo is fab----i had never heard of it b4?!!
x

aaaaw Debbie thanku so much!
im going to matagorda which is just outside peurto del carmen?
i cant wait!! im defo gonna go to the market in arrecriefe! i had heard of it before...and i think i'l go on a day trip over to feurtaventura!
i flew with him when he was six months old and like u gave him a bottle when taking off to avoid pressure on his wee ears.
bravissimo is fab----i had never heard of it b4?!!
x

My pleasure :D Can you tell we go there a lot?!! (My boys are now asking if we can please go somewhere different lol!)

And I was introduced to Bravissimo some years ago - I was walking round in 44DDs :eek: and got measured as a 38FF - how happy was my OH! :eek: (I'm smaller now but still a Bravissimo girl ;))

Teguise market on a Sunday is fantastic too hun, very big, and they have folk dancing in the square at mid-day, its lovely x x x

As for tankinis, have a look at the lepel range, they do lovely tankinis with underwires, have a look on ebay too to see if you can get another one like you've got x x x

We're off to Turkey on 8th June, and I can't wait x x x But before that I go on a mini cruise to Spain with my mate for 3 days (a booze cruise) x x x

Teguise market on a Sunday is fantastic too hun, very big, and they have folk dancing in the square at mid-day, its lovely x x x

That's where I meant... not Arrecife:whistle: :rolleyes: :character00238:Blame the sun....its fried my brain today.....

Hiya,

I have a little boy who've I've flown with 3 times a year since he was 8 weeks old. He's now almost 6 and is being test for adhd, so as you can imagine keeping him entertained on a flight has been testing! Not so bad now as when he was two mind you!:-D

The best tips I can come up with, some of which have already been mentioned are;

Portable DVD player (the best £70 I ever spent!).
Get yourself down to Poundland and pick up loads of silly wee presents, wrap them up and give him one every now and again to unwrap and play with.
Note book and packet of crayons, as previously mentioned.
Take a couple of small tupperware dishes with grapes, satsumas and perhaps some raisins in if he likes those?
We also used to always buy him the airlines aeroplane that we were travelling in. Most tour operators have them in their online shopping brochure and you can get them off the trolley. This is fascinating for them when they realise its the plane their on. Some of the First Choice ones we have are still my wee guy's treasured posession.
Dummy/bottle/lollypop to suke on to equalise the ears on take off or landing.

Also, I'm sure you've thought of this but make sure you have at least one change of clothes in the bag for him and a spare top for you. I have needed this on many an occassion!!!

Hope this helps.

C xxx

Back