Holiday

How nice, I feel a little left out here; you're away, my daughter's away; my boss away; my bestest friend away:cry:me I've to wait 23 weeks until my hols:eek:

Have a fab holiday and give Mickey Mouse a kiss from me ;o)...xx

Hi been to Florida twice and you NEVER have enough time, its fab, hard work but I would recommend to anyone. Where will you be walking (apart from parks) lol :cool:

We've been before so that's why we are able to go to the nature parks.

We're just going around Orlando, out to Merritt Island which is near KSC, there are some trails near Tampa, which we hope to do whilst DD goes to Busch Gardens. We picked up a brilliant book '50 Trails in Central Florida'.

There were a few trails in Jacksonville which I fancied, but it's just too far to travel. So I've pursuaded OH to go back :D

I'm also hoping (money permitting) to go scuba diving, never been before but DD fancies it so I'm going to cost it out; we've never been to KSC so we're doing that this time, I've checked their calendar & they have a rocket launch whilst we are there so I'm hoping to get tickets for that. This is more exciting for me than the scuba diving so money will be found from somewhere for that.

We're going in December so we can see the Christmas parades, crikey I'm so excited, me & DD will be mad to live with leading up to going.:D

What I love about Florida isn't just the theme parks, its the people they are so helpful & polite & you never feel like you're going to be ripped off.

Hey welcome back, how was the holiday?

Oh yes, I'm going to see Minnie & Micky in Florida. But my daugher & friend are doing the theme parks, me, OH & DD are doing a few of the parks & going off walking.

There are so many things to do I'm now wondering if I'm going to have time:eek:

Holiday was superb! Disney in your face 24 hours, which we all loved! We were on the go and in the parks from 8am to 8pm! Met so many characters, went on all the rides, ate my body weight in croissants! Ha ha! It was our 5th time of going, and now the boys are big enough, we're gonna be saving up for Florida!

I'm already jealous of you going, just from reading it! I've been once and loved it, and can't wait to go again!! :)

And DD? Not sure what that one is short for!

Near Orlando there is a great place called Winter Park (look it up on Wikipedia for details and pictures) with lovely shops and a series of lakes and canals - you can take boat trips. The day we went there was a fantastic farmers market.

Also, we got a bit lost one day and asked a local for directions to a beach and he sent us to Pine Island, which I think is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been, with sand as soft as talcum powder, and pelicans flying in the sunset.

There are pictures and directions on this website:

Pine Island Beach - Hernando County's Little-Known Gem

Back