holiday

snowmum

Three and a half stones! Just updating my ticker. Also quick question has anyone sucessfully had a two week break(holiday) and then got back on the abstinence wagon? by the time my holiday arrives I will have completed 100 days plus six weeks in developers. Plan to do another eight weeks in developers after the holiday. Cheers, I know it will be hard but I feel really focused. I know some on here say no but I'm interested to see if anyone has managed it. I've never cheated on abstinence very controlled etc.

anyone got any experinces(hopefully positive ) to share. Cheers

Hi Snowmum,

I have some advice so you;

Enjoy your holiday, perhaps find many active things to do and also a good book if you are going to be around the pool.

Write a list before you go and read it every day, at least one week before you go, maybe take it with you. They must be positive things;

i.e. I drink 3 ltrs of water everyday
I will go for some walks while on holiday
I dont have to eat everything that's on offer (i.e smorgasboard)
I stop eating before I get the full feeling
I eat my meals slowly
I make healthy choices when choosing my meals
I allow myself to try new foods whether they be healthy or indulgent.

Never use any dont's or demanding statements. It's best to read these just before you go to sleep.

Remember you are going on holiday because you deserve it and want to relax. Clear your mind and tell us all about it when you get back. Dont let the thought of coming back to a diet and facing scales take over your thoughts on holidays.

Hope this helps .

Love
Bren
X

Bren that is amazing advice and I will print it out. Thanks for your thoughts.

Hi snowmum.
I know its a little differnt but when i was on day 60 of abstinence I went to Rome for 4 nights. I ate from the sunday- thursday and got straight back on it the second i was back on english soil :)
As long as you get ur mind right and know that you will get back on it as soon as your back you will be fine.
I enjoyed every second of it- didnt over-indulge, but had the odd treat and knew that i HAD to get back on LL- because i wasnt at my goal. simple as that :)
as long as you keep that in mind you will be fine hun.
I had fruit and yog for breakfast- a LL bar for lunch and a big meal for dinner. You will find u actually cant eat that much anyways.
just enjoy urself but be aware of what ur doing :)
xxxxxxxx

Back