Holly's 19.5lbs to Target Diary <3

Ok so the weekend could have been better but I think I was still within my syns! This is the reason why I save most of my syns for the weekend because I always go off plan a bit, so if I do that, it limits the damage done.

Saturday went well, on plan most of the day, went to the Harvester and got the Halloumi grill which was actually surprisingly really nice, had this with mash potato. We then went to the pub for what was originally going to be one drink but ended up having about 30247382 glasses of wine.

Paid for it on Sunday morning! Didn't eat much on Sunday and when I did it was Haagen diaz icecream...oops. IT WAS REALLY NICE THOUGH! For dinner I had jacket potato with cheese and beans.

Got on the scales this morning..and lost 2.5lbs! So happy and really motivated now. I think the extra walks in the evening have really helped so will keep that up.

Back on plan today and no more messing around. Will try and have a better weekend this week! xx

Ok so the weekend could have been better but I think I was still within my syns! This is the reason why I save most of my syns for the weekend because I always go off plan a bit, so if I do that, it limits the damage done.

Saturday went well, on plan most of the day, went to the Harvester and got the Halloumi grill which was actually surprisingly really nice, had this with mash potato. We then went to the pub for what was originally going to be one drink but ended up having about 30247382 glasses of wine.

Paid for it on Sunday morning! Didn't eat much on Sunday and when I did it was Haagen diaz icecream...oops. IT WAS REALLY NICE THOUGH! For dinner I had jacket potato with cheese and beans.

Got on the scales this morning..and lost 2.5lbs! So happy and really motivated now. I think the extra walks in the evening have really helped so will keep that up.

Back on plan today and no more messing around. Will try and have a better weekend this week! xx

Wow, a 2 1/2 lb loss - that's brill! :) It's great to think you were able to go out & enjoy your weekend and still have a loss like that. You must be delighted! :)

Wow, a 2 1/2 lb loss - that's brill! :) It's great to think you were able to go out & enjoy your weekend and still have a loss like that. You must be delighted! :)

Thank you Sparkles I'm over the moon! It's my star week too, so I was convinced I was going to stay the same or put on. It's reminded me why I loved slimming world so much!
How are you getting on? xx

Monday 15.10.12
Red Day

B:
Pineapple chunks and skimmed milk in tea throughout day HEXA

L: Tesco ready to eat bbq chicken with peppers, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes & cucumber.
Satsuma and a coke zero

D: Lamb shank and butternut squash chips

S: Weetabix Oaty Bar x
2 HEXB, 4 jelly babies (4)

Exercise: 15 minutes walk
Syns: 4

I don't know why I ate the jelly babies, they were completely pointless. Really need to do more exercise too. I usually go walking with my mum in the evening but she's away at the moment. The street lights round where I live go off quite early in the evening so it's really dark and I don't live in the nicest of areas so it would be a bit unnerving to go on my own! She's back tomorrow so I will fit more in then :)

Last edited:

Well done hun, 2.5lbs is fantastic!:D Hope you had a lovely weekend! (P.S I'm very jealous about the ice cream, I *love* Haagen Dazs! xxx

Well done hun, 2.5lbs is fantastic!:D Hope you had a lovely weekend! (P.S I'm very jealous about the ice cream, I *love* Haagen Dazs! xxx

Thank you :) i'm over the moon about it! I hope I can get a good loss next week too. Can't wait till I can get back in the 10st something range again!

Tuesday 16 October 2012
Extra Easy

B:
Raspberries

L:
Mushrooms, pepper, cherry tomatoes and cucumber with Tesco Ready to Eat BBQ Chicken, Coke Zero and a satsuma

D:
Liguine Fish Dish - mussels, clam, calamari, prawns in a tomato based sauce with cheese sprinkled on top HEXA, used oil (if any) as my HEXB, synning this as (10) just incase.

S: Banana and diet cokes

Syns: 10

Really proud of myself for tonight! Managed to not touch the wine or any starters and desserts. Think I picked quite a safe dish too!

Last edited:
I've posted this in the eating out forum already but just incase someone is reading this can you help me?

I'm going for an Italian tonight (i've attached the menu below). Can someone help me pick the best starter and main to have? I'm on an extra easy day and haven't had my HEXA or HEXB today so i've saved it for the oil and cheese etc!

View attachment classic_italy_menu.pdf

I've posted this in the eating out forum already but just incase someone is reading this can you help me?

I'm going for an Italian tonight (i've attached the menu below). Can someone help me pick the best starter and main to have? I'm on an extra easy day and haven't had my HEXA or HEXB today so i've saved it for the oil and cheese etc!

View attachment 65984

I'm probably not much help as I don't really eat Italian food so I wouldn't have a good idea of what different things go into the meals. Just looking at the menu though, if I was to choose myself, I would probably opt for the soup without the bread to start, and then either the spaghetti polpetta or the pollo alla crema (with sauce on the side) for main. The linguini con cozze looks like it's not done with butter either so that might also be a good option. Hopefully if you ask your server, they may be able to advise you of the best options.

Hope you get an answer on the eating out forum as I probably haven't been much help. Enjoy! :)

I'm probably not much help as I don't really eat Italian food so I wouldn't have a good idea of what different things go into the meals. Just looking at the menu though, if I was to choose myself, I would probably opt for the soup without the bread to start, and then either the spaghetti polpetta or the pollo alla crema (with sauce on the side) for main. The linguini con cozze looks like it's not done with butter either so that might also be a good option. Hopefully if you ask your server, they may be able to advise you of the best options.

Hope you get an answer on the eating out forum as I probably haven't been much help. Enjoy! :)

No you've been a great help thank you! I had no idea where to start! I think you're right I'm just going to skip the starter and syn the spaghetti polpetta.

This will test my willpower tonight when skipping the starter!

Wednesday 17 October 2012
Green day

B:
Grapes and orange

L: Tesco Falafel & Butternut Squash Salad (apparently this is free?), Weetabix Oaty Bar HEXB x 2 and a pepsi max

D: Jacket potato with cheese
HEXA and beans

S: Butterkist light toffee popcorn (
5.5)

Syns:

Last edited:
Feeling really unmotivated today. I think it's because I've done like hardly any exercise this week. I usually go for walks in the evening. I really hope it's not raining or anything tonight because I feel really lethargic and horrible!

I also had little danish pastries for breakfast this morning so I feel like i've failed already even though I'm within syns. Will count them as 10 syns to be safe. I am not pretending it didn't happen because I got into that cycle last time and was binging on everything and didn't syn it at all and wondered why I wasn't losing any weight!

Sorry I haven't updated! I've had a bad couple of days at work, and a bad eating couple of days actually. Although fingers crossed today hasn't gone too badly.

Food for yesterday below:

Thursday 18 October 2012
Extra Easy

B:
Banana and a small danish pastry (10), Skimmed milk in tea HEXA

L: Tesco Falafel Salad with an orange (really hope that salad is free because I love it and i've been eating it the past couple of days!)

S: Small slice of chocolate cake (
10)

D: Salmon fillet, butternut squash chips, runner beans, peas, sweetcorn and carrots

Exercise: 30 minutes walk
Syns:
20 :sigh:

I didn't eat my HEXB either! Good day tomorrow I promise!

Feeling really unmotivated today. I think it's because I've done like hardly any exercise this week. I usually go for walks in the evening. I really hope it's not raining or anything tonight because I feel really lethargic and horrible!

I also had little danish pastries for breakfast this morning so I feel like i've failed already even though I'm within syns. Will count them as 10 syns to be safe. I am not pretending it didn't happen because I got into that cycle last time and was binging on everything and didn't syn it at all and wondered why I wasn't losing any weight!

Aww don't let that get you down hun! I'm sure if you added up how many syns you've used this week, you would still be under your 105 weekly allowance:). It might even help to find out how many you have left for the week, so you can be sure you don't go over.xx

HollyHearts<3 said:
Sorry I haven't updated! I've had a bad couple of days at work, and a bad eating couple of days actually. Although fingers crossed today hasn't gone too badly.

Food for yesterday below:

Thursday 18 October 2012
Extra Easy

B: Banana and a small danish pastry (10), Skimmed milk in tea HEXA

L: Tesco Falafel Salad with an orange (really hope that salad is free because I love it and i've been eating it the past couple of days!)

S: Small slice of chocolate cake (10)

D: Salmon fillet, butternut squash chips, runner beans, peas, sweetcorn and carrots

Exercise: 30 minutes walk
Syns: 20 :sigh:

I didn't eat my HEXB either! Good day tomorrow I promise!

I actually think that's great that you had a Danish and chocolate cake and were only 5 syns over-if that was me, I don't think I'd have been able to stop at a small slice of cake. I'm sure you're still within your weekly syns. Good luck for the weekend! :)

Sorry I've been bad again and haven't really updated this during the weekend!

I had all free food on Friday apart from a bag of choc animals which is 5 syns which puts me up to 54 syns, then yesterday was all free apart from about 4 white wine spritzers which I've calculated to be around 20ish so that's 74 syns, going to the cinema today with boyfriend and having a meal after so reckon ill use syns today too. As long as I don't go over 31 I should be ok!

I'm starting to really obsess about syns and anything I eat with syns before the weekend!

Sorry I've been bad again and haven't really updated this during the weekend!

I had all free food on Friday apart from a bag of choc animals which is 5 syns which puts me up to 54 syns, then yesterday was all free apart from about 4 white wine spritzers which I've calculated to be around 20ish so that's 74 syns, going to the cinema today with boyfriend and having a meal after so reckon ill use syns today too. As long as I don't go over 31 I should be ok!

I'm starting to really obsess about syns and anything I eat with syns before the weekend!

Sounds like you're still doing really well for the week so! Try not to obsess about your syns too much - they're there to be used (daily/weekly) so don't be afraid to use them up! What are you going to see at the cinema tonight? Enjoy! :)

We didn't go in the end! We wanted to go and see Ruby Sparks (well I did ;) ) but it wasn't on until really late so we gave it a miss. The cinemas so expensive now so didn't want to waste the money on something we weren't bothered about! Going to wait until Taken 2 comes out on DVD!

I put on a 1lb this week....ahhhhh!!! Oops. Yesterday I ate so much crap so it's fully expected. I think I wanted to see just how far I could get away with eating but I've been taught a lesson and will be 100% on plan this week. Will change layout of diary too to make sure I get my HEXs in because I've been missing them out at the weekend too.

I am at war with the weekend and my willpower :(

Back