Holly's 19.5lbs to Target Diary <3

HollyHearts<3

Hi, I'm Holly :p

I'm 22 and I'm a serial dieter. The heaviest I've been is 12st 5lbs which isn't that bad (I'm 5ft 8) but I've always been uncomfortable with my weight.

I lost a stone through Diet Chef, and Slimming World, I got to around 10st10lbs....Went back to eating normally and then hovered around 11st 4 - 11st 11lbs for AGES. Now I'm kicking myself for giving up because I was so close to 10st which is my ultimate target!

I've just come off the Johnson Up Day Down Day Diet, I lost 6lbs on this but I couldn't cope with eaching nothing at all 3 days during the week, I was really irritable and on my Up Days I ate no vegetables or fruit and felt really greasy and horrible. So I've come back to the faithful Slimming World diet!

I do it online as I work in London and don't get home until quite late so it's easier for me.

My problem area is the weekend, I usually go severely off track but I think now i'm already in the diet frame of mind I might be ok. I'm really motivated at the moment.

Another area I need to improve on is exercise. I have come to terms with the fact that I am one of these people that will not lose weight without doing any extra exercise! I have a desk based job so don't walk/exercise as much as I should. This is something I am going to improve on everyday a little bit at a time.

I'll stop rambling on now and get on with it. I will need help so if you have any advice or if i've done something wrong pleaseeee tell me :eek:

Holly xxx

Monday 9 October 2012 :icecream:
Extra Easy

B: Mixed fruit (pineapple, grapes, melon), Skinny Latte HEXA

L: M&S Prawn Cocktail Salad (1) (prawns, cocktail sauce, lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, spring onion), Pepsi Max, Count on Us Strawberry Yoghurt

D: Salmon fillet, SW chips, runner beans, peas and carrots

S: 2 x Oranges, Nectarine

I also did extra exercise today apart from my usual routine! No more lift usage either and strictly stairs at work!

Exercise: 20 min walk at lunch, 20 min walk in the evening
Syns: 1

Just realised I haven't had a healthy extra B yet...! Not sure what to have...:confused: I don't have any cereal bars or anything..!

Attachments

• image-1610148386.jpg
    image-1610148386.jpg
    623.6 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
HollyHearts<3 said:
Extra Easy

B: Mixed fruit (pineapple, grapes, melon), Skinny Latte HEXA

L: M&S Prawn Cocktail Salad (1) (prawns, cocktail sauce, lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, spring onion), Pepsi Max, Count on Us Strawberry Yoghurt

D: Salmon fillet, SW chips, runner beans, peas and carrots

S: 2 x Oranges, Nectarine

I also did extra exercise today apart from my usual routine! No more lift usage either and strictly stairs at work!

Exercise: 20 min walk at lunch, 20 min walk in the evening
Syns: 1

Just realised I haven't had a healthy extra B yet...! Not sure what to have...:confused: I don't have any cereal bars or anything..!

Looks good Hun but did you check the syns on your prawn salad as I know the low fat one has 14.5 syns I made the mistake off having it once lol and didn't want to waste my syns on it !!
Heb can you have a slice off toast or cereal ?? X

Hellooo :)

I checked on the syn calculator & it came up as 1 syn, the cocktail sauce was about a tbsp and everything else was free! So was quite chuffed with that because it can be hard to buy salads without having loads of mayo & stuff over it!

I ended up having a bit of toast with ham. Will have to stock up on HEXB stuff so I don't have that dilemma again! Thank you for your help :) do you have a diary? Will have to follow! Need all the help I can get xx

Tuesday 9 October 2012 :icecream:
Extra Easy

B: OSS 50g Pot with blueberries HEXB (3.5), Pineapple and Grapefruit Green Tea

L:
Jacket potato, baked beans, cherry tomatoes and cucumber, pepsi max and a satsuma

D: Pasta, tinned tomatoes, bacon and cheese HEXA

S: Pink panther (2), glass of white wine (6)

Exercise: 20 minute walk at lunch
Syns:
11.5 syns

I could have got more superfree in at dinner but I was in a bit of a rush so just used tinned tomatoes as a sauce!

Last edited:
Wednesday 10 October 2012 :icecream:
Extra Easy

B:
Nectarine, orange and tea with skimmed milk throughout the day HEXA

L: 3 x Krisp Rolls HEXB with 3 light dairylea triangles and lots of cherry tomatoes

D: Tesco easy to cook lamb shank, butternut squash chips, peas, carrots and runner beans

S: Pink Panther (2)

Exercise: 40 minutes walk
Syns: 2

Last edited:
Hi Holly, good luck with your new start to SW hun, i'm sure you'll reach target in no time!:)

Also (I know it's a bit late now..) but if your ever stuck for HXB ideas, don't forget you can also use cooked/stewed/tinned/dried fruit. As an example you could have a baked apple with 1tbsp mincemeat or 340g pears canned in juice with fat-free yogurt. Hope this helps hun! xxx

Hi Holly, good luck with your new start to SW hun, i'm sure you'll reach target in no time!:)

Also (I know it's a bit late now..) but if your ever stuck for HXB ideas, don't forget you can also use cooked/stewed/tinned/dried fruit. As an example you could have a baked apple with 1tbsp mincemeat or 340g pears canned in juice with fat-free yogurt. Hope this helps hun! xxx

Thank you, I hope so! Would love to be at target by xmas but I think that's wishful thinking as I think i'll be a slow weight loser!

I forgot about tinned fruit! I need to do a slimming world shop and get a few cereal bars and stuff. I'm not a massive bread/porridge eater so will probably just eat cereal bars for breakfast now! I love baked apples thats a really good idea, might start doing that :D

Also just noticed your stats! Did you lose all of that on Slimming World? xx

I have a HORRIBLE feeling that i'm going to STS or put on when I weigh on Monday.

After doing JUDDD and fasting 3 days a week I feel like i'm eating loads. On my up days I did eat alot of crap though. I still have the weekend to go so I've been staying low on syns as I'll probably have a couple of gin & tonics, and a meal out. I'm going over to my boyfriends so I'll take my bachelor's rice and pasta packs, lots of fruit and carrot sticks so I stay on plan! xxx

Thursday 11th October 2012
Green Day :icecream:

B:
Nectarine, satsuma and tea with skimmed milk throughout day HEXA

L: Bachelors mild curry rice, chopped tomatoes and cucumber and a coke zero

D: Jacket potato, baked beans and cheese
HEXA

S: Highlights Hot Chocolate Banana (2) 2 x Weetabix Oaty Bars HEXB

Syns: 2

No exercise today though because it was such a horrible day!

Last edited:
Thank you, I hope so! Would love to be at target by xmas but I think that's wishful thinking as I think i'll be a slow weight loser!

I forgot about tinned fruit! I need to do a slimming world shop and get a few cereal bars and stuff. I'm not a massive bread/porridge eater so will probably just eat cereal bars for breakfast now! I love baked apples thats a really good idea, might start doing that :D

Also just noticed your stats! Did you lose all of that on Slimming World? xx

Aww, your welcome hun! I definitely think 1st 5.5lb by Xmas is achievable! Even if you just aim for small losses, those 1lb losses here and there soon add up and before you know it you'll be at target!

Yeah just following Slimming World hun:) I used to attend group, but my group moved not long after I reached target, so I just continued from home and thankfully (touch wood:D) I've managed to stay at target for almost 2 years now.

I'm not a big fan of bread but I do love my muesli and porridge (so that's where most of my HxB's go lol) If your ever stuck for idea's theres a great thread in the Recipes section "What's for breakfast?", recipes for pancakes and all sorts! http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/174015-whats-breakfast-114.html
I love the Alpen lights chocolate and fudge! Nom nom lol xx

Last edited:
Aww, your welcome hun! I definitely think 1st 5.5lb by Xmas is achievable! Even if you just aim for small losses, those 1lb losses here and there soon add up and before you know it you'll be at target!

Yeah just following Slimming World hun:) I used to attend group, but my group moved not long after I reached target, so I just continued from home and thankfully (touch wood:D) I've managed to stay at target for almost 2 years now.

I'm not a big fan of bread but I do love my muesli and porridge (so that's where most of my HxB's go lol) If your ever stuck for idea's theres a great thread in the Recipes section "What's for breakfast?", recipes for pancakes and all sorts! http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/174015-whats-breakfast-114.html
I love the Alpen lights chocolate and fudge! Nom nom lol xx

Thank you that's really helpful! Yes i'll be really happy even with small losses because I find it quite hard to lose weight so I'll keep my expectations low. I bought those weetabix oatybars from the 99p shop yesterday so I'll be using those as my HEXBs for a while! xx

Friday 12 October 2012 (YAY!)
Extra Easy

B:
Raspberries and blueberries, skimmed milk in tea HEXA

L: 2 Krisprolls
HEXB with 2 extra light cheese triangles HEXA, Tesco Piri Piri Chicken fillets with cherry tomatoes

D:

S:
4 Celebrations (
8) Cupcake (12.5) Mango chunks

My TOTM has made an appearance...which is why I just ate a huge lunch and had some celebrations...UH OH.

Last edited:
Thank you that's really helpful! Yes i'll be really happy even with small losses because I find it quite hard to lose weight so I'll keep my expectations low. I bought those weetabix oatybars from the 99p shop yesterday so I'll be using those as my HEXBs for a while! xx

Oooh i've not tried those Weetabix oatybars, you'll have to let me know what you think of them:) Also, don't worry about the celebrations hun, we all have to treat ourselves every now and again. With the dark nights and the weather being so miserable, i'm *always* getting the munchies while i'm watching the soaps!! So i've started breaking up a jumbo chocolate snack-a-jack and just try to "visualise" i'm eating popcorn!;) Lol xx

Oooh i've not tried those Weetabix oatybars, you'll have to let me know what you think of them:) Also, don't worry about the celebrations hun, we all have to treat ourselves every now and again. With the dark nights and the weather being so miserable, i'm *always* getting the munchies while i'm watching the soaps!! So i've started breaking up a jumbo chocolate snack-a-jack and just try to "visualise" i'm eating popcorn!;) Lol xx

They're not too bad actually! But they're definetley not as good as those Kelloggs Fibre Plus bars! I can't believe they stopped doing those :( I've just eaten a cupcake now TOO! But I don't feel too bad about it because I'm still within my syns for this week.

Thats such a good idea with the snack a jacks i'll have to give that a go! Not too long now until weigh in but still have the weekend to get through, that's usually when it all goes wrong..! Going to the Harvester tomorrow night so that will be quite easy to choose for.

How do you maintain on Slimming World? Do you up your syns or healthy extras? xx

Hi Holly. Just popping in to subscribe and wish you luck. Your food looks yum, love the fruity breakfasts- I tend to be very boring and just stick to banana all the time. Anyway, hope you enjoy your dinner out tomorrow night! :)

They're not too bad actually! But they're definetley not as good as those Kelloggs Fibre Plus bars! I can't believe they stopped doing those :( I've just eaten a cupcake now TOO! But I don't feel too bad about it because I'm still within my syns for this week.

Thats such a good idea with the snack a jacks i'll have to give that a go! Not too long now until weigh in but still have the weekend to get through, that's usually when it all goes wrong..! Going to the Harvester tomorrow night so that will be quite easy to choose for.

How do you maintain on Slimming World? Do you up your syns or healthy extras? xx

I've not actually tried the fibre plus bars, but i've heard so much about them. I'm surprised they would discontinue something so popular?! Oooh I LOVE cupcakes!:D That's the best thing with SW, you can still have a naughty treat whilst staying completely on plan!

I love snack a jacks! I think they're really good for 3 syns too because they're quite big aren't they? ..and they do remind me of popcorn lol!:rolleyes:

I think it's different for everyone hun - at the start of SW I always allowed myself 15 syns a day, then the closer I came to reaching target I found that I would 'stay the same' each week when I used 5-10 syns daily, so I had to lower my syns to loose those last couple of pounds.
Once I reached target, I continued to loose weight, so I upped my syns back up to using 5-10 syns where I was "staying the same" and this seams to work for me. (Although, I am at the lower end of my target and have lost a couple of pounds recently, but I think that's because i've always followed Extra easy and i've been dabbling with red and green days recently, so I think i'm going to go back on extra easy! Stick to what I know:) lol) I've wrote a bit about it on my diary actually http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-food-diaries/290385-winkofpink-target-food-diary_-6.html xx

here to follow, your diary is great to read, I have no imagination!! x

Thanks everyone! All this support really helps!

Last night I went round my friends and cooked SW spaghetti bolognese. And then ate garlic bread...and had a couple of glasses of red so I had an extra 20 syns last night but not feeling too bad about it! Round my boyfriends today/tonight/tomorrow so have taken lots of veg and bachelors pasta with me. So far so good! May be drinking tonight though so won't hold my breath. Will update everyone with my food diary for this weekend on Monday...weigh in eeeekkk!!

Hope everyone's having a lovely weekend :)

HollyHearts<3 said:
Thanks everyone! All this support really helps!

Last night I went round my friends and cooked SW spaghetti bolognese. And then ate garlic bread...and had a couple of glasses of red so I had an extra 20 syns last night but not feeling too bad about it! Round my boyfriends today/tonight/tomorrow so have taken lots of veg and bachelors pasta with me. So far so good! May be drinking tonight though so won't hold my breath. Will update everyone with my food diary for this weekend on Monday...weigh in eeeekkk!!

Hope everyone's having a lovely weekend :)

Hope you had a lovely weekend. Good luck for WI tomorrow! :)

Back