Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Home learning..

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Littleslimmingbee, 15 November 2010 Social URL.

1. Littleslimmingbee

Littleslimmingbee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Hi guys.

I wont waffle on for too long, but basically i cannot study through any of my local colleges due to working full time and i'm not eligiable for any financial help what so ever and quite simply do not have £850 ( to be payed in full ) to study through the college for what they can offer me.

I really have no other option - i really have spent weeks researching, phoning every tom dick and harry im referred to for more advise and help..
    so im left with home-study.

Im so concerned about this, because how am i supposed to know if im buying through a reliable company? and why on earth do no online companys offer childcare quals in NVQ form? does anyone know? i can only gain 'awards' to the level of which i chose.

This is the most resonably priced course i have found.
    CHILD CARE LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT COURSE - Child Care Courses - child care course | child development course | diploma in child care | child care qualification | child care diploma | child development diploma | child development diploma.#

what do you think? I really need some advise.

xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. foxychic

foxychic Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st2.2lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2.2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SlimFast
    I studied through the The Open University and it was amazing. I was eligable for a grant and I got the most fantastic support and learnt so much!

One thing I will say is make sure you earn a nationally recognised qualification. Some home learning courses give you a certificate at the end that is worthless as they arent nationally recognised so please please do your research!!

Good luck! x

4. Littleslimmingbee

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    the OU dont offer what i want i dont think.. what do need in order to be eligable for a grant?? x

5. foxychic

foxychic Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st2.2lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2.2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SlimFast
    I studied 5 years ago and back then it was based on income and benefits (tax credits etc etc)

The OU do courses such as Childhood & Youth Studies, early years learning etc. If you go to their website and to the Childhood & Youth studies section they have a list of their courses and I think their is a link where you can see if you would be eligable for a grant.

6. JemmaBe

JemmaBe Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Do the National Extension College do the course you want?
    They have a good reputation, and are a not for profit organisation also.

I'm doing an A level with them, if I was doing anything about doing it I would tell you how they are! my tutor seems nice though.

7. Littleslimmingbee

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Il check it out now xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.