Home learning..

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Littleslimmingbee, 15 November 2010 Social URL.

1. Littleslimmingbee

Littleslimmingbee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Hi guys.

I wont waffle on for too long, but basically i cannot study through any of my local colleges due to working full time and i'm not eligiable for any financial help what so ever and quite simply do not have £850 ( to be payed in full ) to study through the college for what they can offer me.

I really have no other option - i really have spent weeks researching, phoning every tom dick and harry im referred to for more advise and help..
    so im left with home-study.

Im so concerned about this, because how am i supposed to know if im buying through a reliable company? and why on earth do no online companys offer childcare quals in NVQ form? does anyone know? i can only gain 'awards' to the level of which i chose.

This is the most resonably priced course i have found.
    CHILD CARE LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT COURSE - Child Care Courses - child care course | child development course | diploma in child care | child care qualification | child care diploma | child development diploma | child development diploma.#

what do you think? I really need some advise.

xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. foxychic

foxychic Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st2.2lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2.2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SlimFast
    I studied through the The Open University and it was amazing. I was eligable for a grant and I got the most fantastic support and learnt so much!

One thing I will say is make sure you earn a nationally recognised qualification. Some home learning courses give you a certificate at the end that is worthless as they arent nationally recognised so please please do your research!!

Good luck! x

4. Littleslimmingbee

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    the OU dont offer what i want i dont think.. what do need in order to be eligable for a grant?? x

5. foxychic

foxychic Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st2.2lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2.2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SlimFast
    I studied 5 years ago and back then it was based on income and benefits (tax credits etc etc)

The OU do courses such as Childhood & Youth Studies, early years learning etc. If you go to their website and to the Childhood & Youth studies section they have a list of their courses and I think their is a link where you can see if you would be eligable for a grant.

6. JemmaBe

JemmaBe Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Do the National Extension College do the course you want?
    They have a good reputation, and are a not for profit organisation also.

I'm doing an A level with them, if I was doing anything about doing it I would tell you how they are! my tutor seems nice though.

7. Littleslimmingbee

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Il check it out now xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.