Home learning..

Littleslimmingbee

Gold Member
Hi guys.

I wont waffle on for too long, but basically i cannot study through any of my local colleges due to working full time and i'm not eligiable for any financial help what so ever and quite simply do not have £850 ( to be payed in full ) to study through the college for what they can offer me.

I really have no other option - i really have spent weeks researching, phoning every tom dick and harry im referred to for more advise and help..
so im left with home-study.

Im so concerned about this, because how am i supposed to know if im buying through a reliable company? and why on earth do no online companys offer childcare quals in NVQ form? does anyone know? i can only gain 'awards' to the level of which i chose.

This is the most resonably priced course i have found.
CHILD CARE LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT COURSE - Child Care Courses - child care course | child development course | diploma in child care | child care qualification | child care diploma | child development diploma | child development diploma.#

what do you think? I really need some advise.

xx

I studied through the The Open University and it was amazing. I was eligable for a grant and I got the most fantastic support and learnt so much!

One thing I will say is make sure you earn a nationally recognised qualification. Some home learning courses give you a certificate at the end that is worthless as they arent nationally recognised so please please do your research!!

Good luck! x

I studied 5 years ago and back then it was based on income and benefits (tax credits etc etc)

The OU do courses such as Childhood & Youth Studies, early years learning etc. If you go to their website and to the Childhood & Youth studies section they have a list of their courses and I think their is a link where you can see if you would be eligable for a grant.

Do the National Extension College do the course you want?
They have a good reputation, and are a not for profit organisation also.

I'm doing an A level with them, if I was doing anything about doing it I would tell you how they are! my tutor seems nice though.

Back