Home-made Fruit Salad

ByeByeBelly

OK, this is my first proper day on the SW diet because it's the first day I've been able to go shopping and I thought I'd make a HUGE fruit salad that I'd be able to keep in the fridge and nibble at when I felt peckish but I've hit a stumbling block...

What do you use as juice?? I bought a can of mandarin segments in fruit juice but when I checked it with the syns online it's 2.5 syns on EE and 2 sys on the other plans! :(

Does anybody have any suggestions? I really like a bit of "juice" with my fruit salads.

Kaz
x

tesco do a alight options cranberry juice which is free.Don't get the ones with other friut cos they have syns and make sure itys the long life type not ones in the fridge.

just leave it in thefridge and it will make its own juice

thank you! :D I've never "cooked" healthy in my life before and it's a struggle! LOL

Cut a few fresh oranges up and mix them into the salad, there'll be some juice leaking out of those and you can also squeeze the life out of the bits that you couldn't cut off the rind, just like you would with a lemon :) Alternatively, some low calorie squash - best to add it undiluted for a fuller flavour, I'd recommend something citrus-y by Robinsons.

Hope you're enjoying SW! :D

P.S. Once you get sick of the fruit salad, have a go at SW syn free chips... YUM! xxx

thank you!! there's some great suggestions! in the end i just added some orange slices and as someone already said, leave it a while and they make their own juice.

so far on day 4 I'm loving the diet, especially as I've just had some crunchie ice-cream!! according to SW syns directory it's only 6 and half syns and as I havent had any syns yet....bring it on!! LOL

Back