Home visit from Occupational Health doctor

Blonde Logic

Yes. You can.
Hi

I have an appointment today with my companies Occupational Health doctor. I have been off 6 weeks as you know for PTSD and depression....so they are sending out their person to assess me, I guess.

I am due to return back to work on the 20th.

The appointment is to be about an hour and a half long.....blimey - that is longer then all my NHS appointments added together!! :D

Anyway, I am a bit nervous - I have no idea what to expect, or why it would take so long.

Has anyone been through something like this that can shed some light?

Ta

I have no idea hun but I just wanted to say good luck!

hope its gone well
x

Thanks very much guys.

He has been and gone. He was really lovely, and I felt he was working for me, not the company, so all is well. He was very sympathetic and supportive.

He is putting forth that they need to phase me back in on reduced hours over 3 weeks, which I am pleased with. And that they have to be nice to me. :D He said these are very early days, and this kind of trauma, what I been through can take months to deal with. Hey ho.

he is also going to ask them to extend my benefit of counseling, so I can continue with the lady I am seeing rather then getting shuffled about on the NHS. Hope they will, my lady is fantastic, and I would like to continue as I am getting benefit from it all. So will see.

phew. glad its over though. :)

Awww, glad to hear things went well and that you are having the care you need. :)
Very positive steps in the right direction, I was just thinking that going back to work so suddenly without any 'phasing-in' would be very damaging, I'm glad the 3 week slow approach will be put forward.

Best wishes
x

Hi hun,
I'm glad you feel you've got someone on your side re- the work situation, that must be reassuring.
It would be good if you can get some continuity with the counselling too.
Sounds like you've got s good OH person there. So you made the right decision when you chose that job over the other one in Brighton.
Love, hun xxx

glad it went well! x

Hi BL, just read that you lost your Mum :(......... I am terribly sorry, may she RIP. Pls pls look after yourself, we are here for you....

Hey BL does sound like it went well, im so glad for you honey
xx

THank you everyone. I must admit, I am very nervous about going back to work on Monday....even half days - but gotta start somewhere.

Hey Slims - nice to see you! Thanks for your comments. Losing mom was without a doubt the the single most worst experience of my life - but everyday forward puts it a day behind me....so I keep soldiering on. Thanks hon. How are you?

Thanks again everyone.

xxxx

Back