Homemade burger disasters - help!

moomintrolljen

Will be thin god dammit!!
I have tried making burgers a few times now and they always end up really bland :(
Im using extra lean beef mince, wondered if you guys had any tips to make thm more tasty?:rolleyes:

A dash of sweet chilli or worcester sauce can liven them up, or grate a little apple in and use lean pork mince? Thats what I do for the kids.

Or try turkey mince instead, and add some veg in, like mushrooms or sweetcorn, and maybe a bit of garlic.

Thanks purple star x do you bind with egg too?

i add worstershire sauce, mixed herbs and a small pinch chilli and paprika powder.. i bind with egg and a few bread crumbs.. also if u take a portion and flattn it out.. add a mini baby bell light into the middle and reform into burger and YUM :)

Sorry hon, yes I bind with egg. Also usually add onion.

Love the babybel idea, must try that for the kiddies and hubby!!!

We don't bind ours with egg, but then they are a bit fall-y apart-y!

We put salt and pepper in ours, sometimes with garlic and chillies too. I top my burgers with gherkin so that makes them tasty!

I put mixed herbs in mine

i use lean beef mince (the syn free one!) and add Reggae reggae sauce and put them on my george foreman griller for 10 mins....i always add melted cheese on top and a slice of fat removed bacon....DELISH!!!! *nom!* x

ooh, some of these sound really good. I might try them. Thanks for the ideas :)

Excellent ideas people - thank you all so much

do you just use mince and that's it?

i use extra lean mince
wochester sauce
shallots
and lots of seasoning
some garlic sometimes
some chilli sometimes

they are my favourite SW meal. with diary lea light cheese slices and bacon! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Im pretty much the same as everyone else

Extra lean mince
Dried mix herbs
onions
salt
pepper
egg to bind

shape them then cover and put in the fridge over night if possible, when you come to cook them the next day the smell is gorgeous where they have been marinating all night, yum.

Sometime i put fresh mint in them as well, they taste gorgeous.
Last week I used all the above AND extra lean pork mince and they tasted delcious

xxx

do you just use mince and that's it?

i use extra lean mince
wochester sauce
shallots
and lots of seasoning
some garlic sometimes
some chilli sometimes

they are my favourite SW meal. with diary lea light cheese slices and bacon! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

yeh i just use mince on its own, i dont use an egg or onions - my mince is really tasty and i find it doesnt need much else!!!

yummo! xx

I whizz mine in food processor with chopped onion so no need to bind.
Add salt.
Sometimes touch chilli/garlic/worcester sauce/mustard powder.
I freeze them and cook from frozen as I find they are more juicey that way.

Ive raided the cupboard and added onion, some roasted red peppers ( from a jar) aromat seasoning and black pepper and a pinch of chilli - I will post a pic once cooked.
There are in the fridge at the mo to chill - didnt add an egg but did add once slice of wholemeal WW bread made into crumbs

When I make burgers I always crumble a beef oxo or two, depending on how many I'm making, into the mince. I also add finely chopped onion, worcester sauce and herbs. I Refridgerate for at least an hour so they hold together, spray with frylight and grill.
Yummy :D.

If I have time I will fry the onions first for extra flavour.

ive also dicovered a little George Foreman grill at the back of my cupboard so Im gonna use that!

well here is my finished meal - bloody lovely it was too!:D

Attachments

• Summer 2010.jpg
    Summer 2010.jpg
    481.2 KB · Views: 286
Back