homemade burgers=yum!

I have only just seen this thread, the burger is yummy isnt it? I have to say I struggled to get it into my gob too, but with a bit of holding and pushing it together I managed. The sensation of the burger, melting cheese, egg yolk, veggies and ketchup in your mouth is delicious lol.

When I had it, I just had one burger on its own, I was completely stuffed after that, there is no way I would of managed chips etc too.

The beauty of the recipe is you can experiment with different herbs seasonings and meats. I am looking forward to the hot barbecue weather already, I think most of my summer meals will be cooked on the barbecue lol.

Jaylou, that relish sounds lovely. I think I might just make up some. You can buy jars of sweet green relish here which I love bicks.ca - Product: Bick’s® Sweet Green Relish, but it will be nice to have a homemade one.

Reading about relishes has made me fancy some pickles now (and no I am not pregnant :p)

Ha this thread is handy....were having burgers and wedges for tea tonite, may be tempted to add a babybell to the middle or experiment with herbs! Thanks everyone!

Ooh I'm doing HM burgers tongight, I've already seasoned my meat, need to add the egg and patt the burgers, I'm going to pop a bit of cheese in the middle too lol
Going to have a look on that website for some inspiration, thanks Brit mum!

Well I did my Babybel burgers at the weekend. Decided to 'big' them up even further after reading this thread, and so topped them with lean bacon and a mushroom sauce (made with mushrooms fried in fry-light with a tablespoon of WW creme fraiche (½ Syn on Extra Easy.)

Served with lots of salad, and homemade coleslaw (grated carrot, white cabbage and red onion with 1 tablespoon Hellmans light - 2 Syns on Extra Easy.

I had even bought some wholemeal (small) bread rolls, but there was so much food, especially as I had also done syn free chips that I just served the burgers on buns to my boyfriend and I went without.

The kids helped make the burgers today.

I followed brit mums ultimate burger recipe, this is the 2nd time I have made them. We found with 500g of extra lean mince we can just about get 10 burgers out of that, one in the roll and one served on the side. I seasoned mine with Oregano, marjoram, basil and garlic salt with 4 cloves of garlic.

My youngest made the salad, and my oldest helped make the burgers. It was a real team effort! The kids loved them.

We really love this recipe, it feels like your being naughty and your not at all!

Yum Yum! :D:D:D

Hi I know this is a really old post but do you have the recipe please? I want to make burgers on Thursday xx

Thank you for your help Scarlettstar I'm new here and didn't realise there was a link xx

Yum, this thread has inspired me! SW Burger & Chips is one of my most favourite meals, although I haven't had it in a while. That's tonights tea sorted!

I make my burgers with EL mince, chopped red onion, splash of soy sauce and a sprinkle of aromat. Sometimes I stuff mine with cheese too, although I use Laughing Cow Light, rather than Babybel, as I find the Babybel go quite stringy/chewy.

Will be serving mine with homemade salsa (chopped tomatoes, red onion, red pepper and chilli) and homemade coleslaw (white cabbage, carrot, onion and yogurt). Can't wait :drool:

Back