Homemade Pizza - Roadkill on a plate!!!

Hi Ladies, delighted to have given you all a chuckle, and thanks for all the invaluable tips. I will give this meal another attempt soon, hopefully with slightly better results! My Mum is in hospital, and not doing well, so my brothers and I are going the 150 mile journey in shifts to be with Mum & Dad, so not been on here for the past week. Good luck to you all on your weight loss journeys. I'll be back with more Disastrous Dishes soon ;-)

Hope your mum gets well soon x

celtic tiger, sorry to hear about your mum, hope everything is well and shes better soon. Take care

I put the wrap under the grill for a couple of mins before topping it, so that it toasts one side slightly so it's not soggy. Then turn it over and put on baking tray so you top the untoasted side. I top it with a couple of dessertspoons of passata (not too much!), reduced fat cheddar, lightly fried peppers, mushrooms and onions. Huge, filling pizza for 6pp!

I should have toasted one side first. I'll try that next time :)

I'm having one of these on sat and one on sun - blooming love em! X

having my 4th one of these since people started talking on here about them. got a ww galic and herb ciabbatta to go with it...NOM. going to go eat it in the sunshine in about 4 mins :D

Yum!!! Enjoy :) x

Wow, ladies, I've got your tongues wagging...delighted to hear it. I was perilously close to having another go at this, this evening, but I decided to dabble with the exotic...I made Cous Cous for the first time, I only ate it for the first time 2 weeks ago... Needless to say it was accompanied by roast onions, red & yellow peppers & the inevitable mushrooms, garlic salt, oregano & two chicken thighs.... Delish

I never tryed cous cous yet.

Hi Leanne, you cant admit to that in polite company :rolleyes: :D:D:D

It's an alternative to rice, potato, pasta etc carbs.. Its 10PP per 100g, but its quick and an alternative to the other carbs... try my suggestion above ... I believe it came in below 20 PP, I added a little olive oil to the cous cous before serving :flirt2:

Cous Cous sound interesting :) might try it x

For speed, I like the Ainsley Harriott couscous, particularly the spice sensation. Not really that spicy but tasty. 5pp in half a made up pack. Just add water and either a drizzle of oil or knob of butter. Like Celtictiger, I like to add all kinds of salad veg to it. Roasted veg also works but salad veg is better if you want to take it as a packed lunch.

I made a pizza for lunch yesterday with a bit of WW pasta sauce 1pp, extra garlic, sliced red peppers, sliced cherry tomatoes and onion and 20 gr low low cheese 2pp total 7 pp and is was soooooooooo good - will have another today thanks for the suggesstions

Well done, vijch, what did you use as a base? I can't seem to locate any in the supermarkets over here in Ireland

I love couscous-the Ainsly Harriot ones are nice and Asda do a range too which is just as good.
If i make my own I put in mint,chopped cucumber, black olives and a splash of lemon juice-very mediteranean !!

Think I will get some Cous Cous then ... Silly question but what sort of texture is it? X

The only way I could describe it is like ground up rice

Ooooo :) not keen on plain rice though... Like a sauce lol x

Assuming you go for one of the Ainsley Harriott varieties, it has flavour. It is dry though. (I've never made my own from scratch, it's probably one of the only convenience/ready made foods that I buy). Cube some beetroot, cucumber, tomatoes, spring onion, radish and maybe a bit of stilton type cheese and stir that through it. You could have it with a chicken breast or something with a bit of sauce.

Try it, you know not to bother again if you don't like it. On the other hand, it could be one of your favourites!

Back