Homemade Pizza - Roadkill on a plate!!!

Thank you :) is it in a tube/tin? Where would I find it? Is it like the consistency as purée then?

Thank you, I'll keep my eye out :)

I've found pasata is just the right consistency for a pizza base. I incorrectly announced on here that i use chopped toms as my base , i don't i meant pasata and at the weekend i didn't have any, decided to try with a tin of chopped toms and it was vile!!

An inspired young lady recently suggested how to make a delicious Home Made Pizza using a Tortilla Wrap as a base. Inspired! I thought, a doddle to make. Sadly, the young lady expected the reader to have a basic understanding of cooking and food preparation, I possess neither. I should have read the book "Pizzas for Dummies" before I attempted this challenging dish.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :D:D:D

I started well, by covering the Tortilla wrap with almost a full container of Passata. I may have overdone it on the Passata :rolleyes:

Next with a flourish, I cut up an onion and diced half a yellow pepper. I nonchantly spread them around the pizza creating a vision of colour to gladden the eyes. I then discovered some ham in the fridge, which was on the turn. I decided in order to boost my protein intake, I'd eat it before the dogs got it...

Then, breaking with my strict "No Dairy" Policy, I cut a Mini Babybel over this gastronimic endeavour. To complete the ensemble, I lightly sprinkled some sea-salt, black pepper, garlic salt and Oregano over what was set up to be a world-class Pizza...:cool:

I then expertly lifted it onto a wire shelf and turned the Grill on to Max. There it rested until the perimeter of the Tortilla wrap was almost burned, slightly singhed...

I then attempted to slide the Pizza onto my dinner plate engaging the powers of gravity, to deftly remove my creation from the grill shelf. That's when disaster struck. :eek::eek::eek:

The horrible reality struck me that I had erred. Firstly, the Tortilla base fused with the Grill shelf and became immovable :eek: Then the contents of the Pizza moved off the base in an avalanche motion, and slid through the wire grill tray onto the awaiting plate. At lightening pace, I grabbed a spatula and proceeded to remove chunks of the base and slide it through the wires on to awaiting semi-cooked veggie mess. All of this took pace in a matter of seconds. But I have to say, it has tarnished the presentation of the meal, somewhat, visually.:eek::eek::eek::D:D:D

The best chefs say, "You eat food with your eyes" On the basis of my recent experience, I couldn't concur, and i wouldn't recommend it.

I was tempted to take a photo of it and post it up here, as all you successful cooks do, showing off your successes, but I fear a lifetime ban & legal actions pending for Post Traumatis Stress Disorder from the victims who would have viewed my attempt.:D:D:D

Perhaps, I used the wrong device??? I might use the oven the next time, but what will stop the base from sticking to the tray?

There are some brilliant minds on here. I have every confidence that some enlightened individuals will reach out a helping hand to this struggling MasterChef! :flirt2:

OMG !! SOOO Funny !! ... i'll be laughing for the rest of the day now !! :D

...... i haven't done any Tortilla Pizza's since i started this diet but i used to do kind of a pizza filled tortilla and cook it in the oven ... spray a piece of tinfoil with frylight (shhh .... i used to oil it but i shouldn't write that ;) ) .... then put a tortilla wrap on it, then spread with passata (i used to use BBQ sauce but trying to make it more WW friendly) then on half the tortilla put the filling, so ham, cooked chicken, onion, peppers, sweetcorn, ect then the cheese on the top and fold it on half (so half you didn't put filling on goes over top of the half with filling) ... then seal it inside the tinfoil and bake in the oven :)

:eatdrink051:

Holy crap! Thats so funny. Have you perfected the tortilla pizza yet? Everybody talks of these Warburtons wraps for making the pizzas but we dont have those here in Ireland. So we maybe doomed to floppy avalanche pizzas CT lol!! have you tried using a pitta? Quite nice I must say... x ;)

I used a mission deli wrap. Was delish. Just cooked it for 5 mins on 170 fan first before putting on the topping which seemed to stop it going soggy. Yum!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good Morning, thank you for cheering up my monday morning with your pizza post, I'm all grins now :D. I make alot of pizzas as part of my WW journey. I thought I'd share my recipe with you in another post. its cooked on an oven tray, in the oven, I haven't needed to use oven paper .

If you precook ingredients and then pop under grill to melt the cheese it works really well. Dont make wrap too wet with the passata.

Back