• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Snacks Homemade syn-free chips!

My housemate (who is also on SW plan) brought back a very funny looking contraption today, which is actually a crisp maker!

Bit of a faff to use, ( you have to dice the potatos up finely with this dicer thing, and then place them on a disk which holds the potatoes vertically -allowing them to cook all over). You put a little salt on, and blast them in the microwave for afew mins..and TA-DA! Syn free crisps.

I was skeptical but they're almost like Kettle chips..all crunchy and yummy!

We have a Xmas party at SW next week so going to take some of them to impress the ladies!

My housemate got hers from Toys 'r' us I think (it's a kids crisps maker!!) but she said you can get them off ebay? Just thought i'd share the knowledge!

* uh oh, could a mod edit this for me? i mean't crisps not chips! i've gone all american!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
S: 15st0lb C: 12st10lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 30.6 Loss: 2st4lb(15.24%)
Hi they are yummy, used to do them alot.

But i'm not sure they are free ??? as you are cooking them until they are dry. If you know what i mean ??
We were told a few would be ok, but you may need to syn them !

I could be wrong lol ;)

*honey

Silver Member
S: 11st8lb C: 10st8.5lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 21.3 Loss: 0st13.5lb(8.33%)
Yeah there is a bit of a debate on the 'freeness' of crisps. I do make them occasionally, and dont syn them. but if you were making them daily say and in a high quantity, you may find your losses turn into gains!.
Think it comes under the topic of 'food abuse'
the same way they now say couscous on a green day should be synned when making couscous cake, as its very easy to overeat as a cake.

But they are yummy - As are parsnip crisps :)