Snacks Homemade syn-free chips!

My housemate (who is also on SW plan) brought back a very funny looking contraption today, which is actually a crisp maker!

Bit of a faff to use, ( you have to dice the potatos up finely with this dicer thing, and then place them on a disk which holds the potatoes vertically -allowing them to cook all over). You put a little salt on, and blast them in the microwave for afew mins..and TA-DA! Syn free crisps.

I was skeptical but they're almost like Kettle chips..all crunchy and yummy!

We have a Xmas party at SW next week so going to take some of them to impress the ladies!

My housemate got hers from Toys 'r' us I think (it's a kids crisps maker!!) but she said you can get them off ebay? Just thought i'd share the knowledge!

* uh oh, could a mod edit this for me? i mean't crisps not chips! i've gone all american!

Hi they are yummy, used to do them alot.

But i'm not sure they are free ??? as you are cooking them until they are dry. If you know what i mean ??
We were told a few would be ok, but you may need to syn them !

I could be wrong lol ;)

Yeah there is a bit of a debate on the 'freeness' of crisps. I do make them occasionally, and dont syn them. but if you were making them daily say and in a high quantity, you may find your losses turn into gains!.
Think it comes under the topic of 'food abuse'
the same way they now say couscous on a green day should be synned when making couscous cake, as its very easy to overeat as a cake.

But they are yummy - As are parsnip crisps :)

Back