Honestly... How do they all taste?

I'm new to these boards and will be starting as soon as my variety pack arrives... Hopefully wednesday.. But I have been doing some reading and would like to know what I should try first.

I don't want to eat one first that I hate and then be put off.. Anyone have anything that they really like or really dislike?

Thank you!!

Jem x

Banana is definitely my favourite, followed by strawberry. If you've ordered porridge, that's good too. I'm not very keen on the chocolate as it's not sweet enough although you could always add swetners to it.
I've not tried any of the soups though.
Good luck with your journey :D

Chocolate is my fave but I've only had it made with hot peppermint tea...mint chocolate hot choc - I can get 3 hot chocs out of 1 sachets :) ,
banana Is good too!! Strawberry and vanilla was ok, love the bars and the mushroom and Thai soup are both ok too, tomato soup is rank haha!

Xx

I found I liked all apart from the mushroom soup. I have found that as the time goes on they taste better (probably because I have forgotten what actual food tastes like). You need to go into it thinking, ok so it might not be what I am expecting but I will lose weight and then you will find you are pleasantly surprised. I love the vanilla and banana shake followed by strawberry then chocolate, I equally love the two bars but if I had to say which one to pick first I would say the nut and raisin one and I love the veg soup, then tomato then chicken. I am on strike from the mushroom soup though but a lot of people do like them the best.

Chocolate is my favourite and I like banana too. Really there aren't any i don't like. Its very personal taste I think. Will be ordering bars and soups next month as not tried them yet.
Good luck I'm sure you will enjoy them. xx

Haha I love that you say the tomato is rank... I will avoid that for my first soup then!

I really like the idea of mint hot chocolate! I need to invest in some peppermint tea!

Do they taste milky? I LOVE milkshakes! That's why I'm rubbish at things like slimming world and ww because I downfall on milkshakes!

I may have to add sweetener if they're not sweet enough as I definitely have a sweet tooth!!

Do the shakes taste anything like slim fast??

Jem. X x x

Jemma-Bree said:
Haha I love that you say the tomato is rank... I will avoid that for my first soup then!

I really like the idea of mint hot chocolate! I need to invest in some peppermint tea!

Do they taste milky? I LOVE milkshakes! That's why I'm rubbish at things like slimming world and ww because I downfall on milkshakes!

I may have to add sweetener if they're not sweet enough as I definitely have a sweet tooth!!

Do the shakes taste anything like slim fast??

Jem. X x x

Lol you might like it I just really didn't haha!

Seriously it's amazing!! I think once my bumper packs gone I'll literally live on mint hot choc and the bars :)

I think you'll like them, I have to add sweetener to all mine i just disolve it in a bit of hot water then add it :)

Just enjoying 2 mugs of mint hot choc and half a bar for my tea :) xxx

sparklyfairydreams said:
Lol you might like it I just really didn't haha!

Seriously it's amazing!! I think once my bumper packs gone I'll literally live on mint hot choc and the bars :)

I think you'll like them, I have to add sweetener to all mine i just disolve it in a bit of hot water then add it :)

Just enjoying 2 mugs of mint hot choc and half a bar for my tea :) xxx

Hmmm you're making me REALLY want a mint hot chocolate!!

I hope I love it!! It could be the best diet in the world... Well hopefully the last I will ever go on!

I want to be in my white Topshop skinny jeans by august!!

So to mix it up a bit I can have half a bar and half a shake? Then the rest later? That could work! Almost like biscuits with a hot chocolate!

sparklyfairydreams said:
Whens.your pack arriving? I bet that's the first thing you try haha!
Yep i like to have half a bar with half shake for lunch and then the rest of.it for tea for exactly that reason haha! X

Well I ordered it saturday but with the bank holiday I'm thinking it will be here wednesday so start on Thursday. Eeek!

When did you start? How are you getting on?

I genuinely think it's going to be the first thing I try!

X x x

Starting on Thursday 10th... I'll be updating my losses below!

I.weighed.in last Tuesday nright.for.the.first ttime at 15st :-( hoping its.going.to.be.a lot less.on.my first weigh.in.tomorrow evening!

So have been.doing it.a.week.now, and its been.much easier than i.was expecting.it.too.be!

Don't.get me.wrong.when.everyone is eating lush food around me.its really hard, I've just tried.to.keep myself.busy!

But have.managed a whole week eeekkk and can't wait to get weighed.tomorrow espesh after.seeing some of the fab losses.on here!

Sorry about all the.fullstops am on my.boyfriends phone and.its.dead.hard.to.type.haha!

Good luck.hun! Xx

sparklyfairydreams said:
I.weighed.in last Tuesday nright.for.the.first ttime at 15st :-( hoping its.going.to.be.a lot less.on.my first weigh.in.tomorrow evening!

So have been.doing it.a.week.now, and its been.much easier than i.was expecting.it.too.be!

Don't.get me.wrong.when.everyone is eating lush food around me.its really hard, I've just tried.to.keep myself.busy!

But have.managed a whole week eeekkk and can't wait to get weighed.tomorrow espesh after.seeing some of the fab losses.on here!

Sorry about all the.fullstops am on my.boyfriends phone and.its.dead.hard.to.type.haha!

Good luck.hun! Xx

Oooh make sure you let me know how you get on.... I'd be dead interested to know!!

That's just it, it's obviously do-able and it wold as people say such good things about their weight loss!

Good luck for tomorrow!

Keep me updated!! X x x

It really is a matter of taste hun- my advice is don't rule out any of them or you might be missing something you like. Some people on here love the porridge whereas I can't stand it. Some hate the soups, I love them apart from tomato. I loathe mushrooms, I'd rather eat dog food than mushrooms but when I tried the soup I liked it. The shakes make me gag but I can manage the banana one, when I don't really like bananas. The choc orange bar sounded like heaven and I loved it but after about 3 I went off them! Your tastes really do change on this diet- never thought I'd enjoy the veg soup but I look forward to it and will miss it when I finish!

i didnt like them first couple of day but no i love them lol its that or starve to me haha i dnt like bananas but love the banana shake and i like the tom soup veg and mushroom so were all different sure u will love them good luck xxx

when i first tried them i hated vanilla banana etc, but ive noticed theyve changed the packaging since i first bought it (they used to be smaller and rounder but know they are taller and thinner packets) i tried 1 of my old chocolate ones and found compared with the new packs it was disgusting so i may have to buy the bumper pack when i can afford it and see if my taste of the others have changed since the new packaging has come out.

the 1 i have at the moment is just chocolate, i have strawberry but the old packs and i cant stand it lol no flavour what so ever but as i said they are the old packs so new packs may be different

I could live on vanilla and porridge. In fact I have done that. But seriously your tastes change, it takes about two weeks and what you love bares little resemblance to what you used to like.

It changes over time too, I still can't stand Exante bars and the Tesco ones sometimes taste delicious, sometimes like chewing cardboard. So just as no one can tell you what car to buy, no one can say which flavour is best.

GSQ

we are all diffirent but my fav is vanilla and banana. chocolate as said imo isn't sweet enough......the soups are rank lol imo

I would say try them and see. I started last Monday and didn't know what to expect but actually there are none that I find revolting- I actually can have them all.

I love all the milkshake packs (I add sweetners to some) and the soups need to be blended or put through a strainer for me- I HATE lumps! The bars are nice too-I like them with a nice hot cup of black tea! That's my breakfast everyday.

I think I enjoy this so much because of the routine I have gotten myself into.

Weekdays:
Breakfast- Bar
Lunch- Soup
Dinner/Supper- Milkshake (you can have these in sooooo many ways its unreal!)

Just try and make sure you drink plenty of water!

Jem xxxxx

Jemma-Bree said:
Oooh make sure you let me know how you get on.... I'd be dead interested to know!!

That's just it, it's obviously do-able and it wold as people say such good things about their weight loss!

Good luck for tomorrow!

Keep me updated!! X x x

Hi!!

How did you get on today hunni?? X x x

Hi!!

How did you get on today hunni?? X x x

hiiii, hun,

sorry wasnt feeling good last night so went to bed with an upset stomach so wasnt on here much....anyway i weighed in yesterday afternoon and lost a whopping 9lbs wahooooo!!! :)

was so chuffed! 5lb to have lost a stone eeekkkk!!!

good luck for tomorrow sweetie! xx

Back