honk if you were 100% today

Honk!

Hey my little Honkettes,

You are all so fabulous, keep on honkin' !!

TT

Well it's such a super thread which still makes me smile.

Owing to saggy trouserage, today my dignity had to be rescued with the aid of a safety pin.

Honk.
:cool:

Honk! For the past couple of days, although I am jumping off the wagon tomorrow... just for lunch, then I'm gonna jump right back on! :angeldevil:

honky donky!

"Saggy trouserage " now that's something to celebrate !

Perhaps we should suggest to Exante that they send out a couple of safety pins with the packs !

Sounds like a good reason to go shopping !

Mine is more of a muffled quack this week, I'm finding it hard to stick to the add-a-meal plan 100% cos it's too damn much!

At the moment I seem to be settled on 2-3 packs plus a 300ish-cal meal which isn't really how it's supposed to go.........:eek: but hey ho, at least I'm trying and I'm certainly not struggling with it for now.

Don't want the fruit, the idea of something sweet just isn't appealing at all. Wonder if I could substitute an apple for an onion, I'd kill for an onion (or a carrot) at the moment! :gimi:

I really enjoyed my fruit, usually grapes, which I mixed in with my 0% greek yoghurt to sweeten it up a bit, although I can eat it on its own which I never thought I would be able to do.
I don't think I ever got near the full 400 calories per day either but made sure I got all my packs down cos I worried about the vitamin/minerals I would miss otherwise.
Your recipe ideas are fab, what did you have yesterday?
Bren xx

Don't want the fruit, the idea of something sweet just isn't appealing at all. Wonder if I could substitute an apple for an onion, I'd kill for an onion (or a carrot) at the moment! :gimi:

Genuinely don't see why not - water+fibre+small low GL carb content, much like an apple. I suppose they're trying to 'allow' you a pudding, but if you don't want it... They're lower cal than apples, too.

Minor honk. No Cheatage or anything, but just been a bit hungry, cold and flaky today.

Honk - I am getting out of the food habit.

Honk honk honk

I think that deserves and extra loud and celebratory HOOOONK !!!! sticking with it on the difficult days is reason to honk indeed ! I am impressed.

I thankyou. It's very sweet of you to say so :)

However believe or or not, I'm not finding abstaining that difficult at the moment. OK, I have my cravings like everyone else, and (in particular) food smells set fireworks off in my brain. However I don't see the *point* in cheating. For the following reasons (and I'm sorry if this ruffles a few feathers):-

1) The main reason why I'm doing this is not just to lose weight, but to regain a bit of control. It's actually easier to say no to everything, rather than yes to this, no to that, or 'a little bit won't hurt'. Just no. Control. Just for today, I'm not letting food win. it has done for years, and now I'm fighting back. Normal people can say no, so it's about time I learned to, too.

2) I have a finite timetable, so I know when I can eat, and I'm looking forward to it, but that time isn't now. (I've got an important function in a couple of weeks, so I'm postponing my RF week until then. Damned if I'm not going for dinner afterwards! But it just takes a bit of planning.) If I thought I was just doing this for the forseeable, then I might not be so stoic. But I know I'd have a tough time with it, so accounted for my weaknesses, and am giving myself a timetable.

3) And this method of dieting has financial implications. It's only cost-effective if it's replacing food, rather than adding to it. Besides, if you're going to eat intermittently, then why go to the trouble and expense of ordering the scientifically developed and nutritionally complete exante, when you might as well just use the tastier Slimfast (£6ish a tin), or Tesco's own even nicer alternative (2 for £7).

4) Cheating *will* affect your losses, more so on a VCLD than any other. It would be a criminal to waste a whole week's effort (and products) on a whim. Doing that means your losses (if any) will be no better than a conventional diet. So might as well just do a conventional diet. If one sabotages one's losses then one will get disillusioned, quit, then blame the diet for not working!

So, to me cheating is just a waste of time, effort and money. It's really damn tough sometimes, but if you're not getting the most out of it, then what's the point? Do another diet if it's going to suit you better! That's not a mark of failure, just adjusting things to suit your needs or circumstances.

Sorry, proper stressed today, so am a bit blunter(!) than usual and wanted to let it out...

p.s. Honk xx

p.p.s I've decided the above is going to be today's blog post.

Honk - what is this stuff called food?!

Miss D - sometimes the things you post could have been picked from my own braincell - you are so right about the control stuff (and everything else for that matter) and it has at last come to pass that I have taken control back into my own hands instead of food controlling me. Long may it continue.

And a big HONK from me too, still have my half supper bar to have but not till after 9pm (creature of habit - trying to make them good habits)

Bren xx

Back