Hoodie Diet Pills

Dobo

I know we are all looking for a miracle ... does anybody know anything about these ?

Never heard of them, sorry. :( From experience of diet pills, there's no such thing as a quick fix - it's all down to changing the way you eat and doing more exercise - easier said than done, I know:)

Hoodia (a naturual substance) apparently speeds up your metabollic rate by increasing your heart rate etc, so you burn more calories whilst resting. Not good if you have health problems. No idea how effective or safe they are. Would suggest you check with you GP first before trying.

Thanks for your replies. I know there is no quick fix and despite what my tracker says, I have lost about a stone but just seem to have come up against a brick wall and am yo-yoing (pound on, pound off, sts). I just think if there was something that could give me a kick start .... These were on a spam e-mail that was sent to work this morning. The link on the e-mail takes you to a website which claims these things have been discussed on Oprah etc and shows various news articles etc. Just wondered if anybody had actually tried them ?

I got sucked in and bought some. They didn't work for me at all - they are meant to work by curbing your appetite so you don't eat as much because you don't feel hungry. However, if all of us only ate when we were actually hungry we would probably not be on this website in the first place!! If your overeating triggers are : being upset, stress, boredom, depression etc etc then I can't see how it can help. They may suppress the physical hunger pangs but can't address all the other issues!

I didn't feel that they suppressed my hunger at all. Maybe I bought them from a dodgy source or they weren't really Hoodia - but as they are not a licensed medicine you just have to take the company's word for it.

There are a few people selling it on Ebay - you may have more luck than me

Good luck

Carol x

Icemoose didnt have a good experience with them at all.

Dont think they are evdrything that they claim x

I felt ill on them. TThey aren't diet pills they're just herbal capsules. I have some left I think - £9 per pot from Holland and Barrett

:D I've just noticed your location Cah-Ching. I too live in Ealing and hadn't thought about it being close to eating before :D

I bought some on ebay.....total waste of money - well for me anyway.....VCLD is the only thing that shifted the pounds.....

I would have loved to try the real thing :D, but short of going to Africa.....:rolleyes: The pills weren't available when I was dieting.

I did share my friends hoodia lollies a few months ago though
Lolly.gif
, and they were lovely:cool: Especially the choccy ones. They did seem to quell my hunger for a bit, but I think that was more to do with keeping my mouth busy :rolleyes:

I was having them as confectionary rather than for appetite control. One of the best non-ice lollies I've tried.

Oh...the lollies aren't suitable when on a VLCD despite what people say

Last edited:
I tried them ages ago too... i'm still fat so clearly they didn't work! :p

They were meant to suppress your appetite, but i found they made no difference. I used them for a week to give them a chance to kick in, but still nothing happened. I then gave up on them.

From my experience they were a total waste of money... live & learn.

I got sucked in and bought some. They didn't work for me at all - they are meant to work by curbing your appetite so you don't eat as much because you don't feel hungry. However, if all of us only ate when we were actually hungry we would probably not be on this website in the first place!! If your overeating triggers are : being upset, stress, boredom, depression etc etc then I can't see how it can help. They may suppress the physical hunger pangs but can't address all the other issues!

^ same here I tried them (also tried adios, green tea tablets, something that was slimey and smelled bad), but pills don't help. If you have a large appetite then just eat more veg to fill up and drink more water.

I tried Zotrim years ago and they did nothing for me. My friend has tried Hoodia and she said they didn't work for her. I've heard that Cider Vinegar tablets are the best but they are really expensive so I've never tried them

I think we all just want to find a quick fix don't we? It would be lovely to find a miracle "instant cure" for our weight problems. I bet there are loads of us who have tried every diet and fad going. I know I have - Adios, Conjugated Linoleic Acid(WTF!), Hoodia to name but a few etc etc. Deep down we know it takes bl**dy hard work to undo all the damage, and we didn't gain it "instantly".

But we're all here doing it the right way by trying to deal with our food issues and bad habits- we just need to be strong and stick at it and eventually we will get there.

Keep going guys!

Carol x

I bought a tub after seeing something on telly, and like everyone else as said they don't work. Just a waste of money, better spending it on healthy food.

Back