Hoping to be a FanFreakingTastic Yummy Mummy!!

Bambalina11 said:
Good to know someone who made it past day 1!!! Hahaha!! Eeek I was using 2.5lbs AND IT HURT!! gonna drop them to 1lb and build up to 2.5lb before I move levels, think this is gonna be the 90 day shred for me lol!!

I'm eating the Slimfast amount of 1360, MFP says if I want to lose 1lb a week I should eat 1480 and if I want to lose 1.5lbs a week I should eat 1240, I figured the Slimfast amount is in the middle and I'm not eating my excercise calories so hopefully I should lose 1.5lbs a week, fingers crossed!!

How you finding it?

xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yeah I'm mixing sf days with cc, some days just cc and wonder why I bothered with WW and SW as cc is so easy. I love mfp wish I had used it sooner.

Today we have been to Rufford country park and had a pic nic but I was impressed with myself I took some cucumber and vine tomatoes and dark ryvita. Before I would of just eaten all the rubbish lol

Lots of walking last two days again anything I earn I don't eat back, I'm on 1200 cals a day had a sneaky peak at scales today said 10 3 and 1/4 so lowest I've been since having youngest two babies hooray but official weigh in Tuesday. So if I'm 10 3 on Tuesday that's 2lb loss this week. Lost 4lb in the previous two weeks so mfp guide to lose 2lb a week seems to be working.

I can see the 9s getting closer and I can't wait

Just read through your diary and you made me smile about the cottage cheese! I have tried to like it soooooooooo many times as I want to like it but I just don't! I think it's the texture I don't like! I so wished I liked it!!!

I've had a word with myself and I'm back on it, nobody else is going to shift the lbs apart from me...

Good luck with your week... What day is your WI? x

hannah13 said:
Yeah I'm mixing sf days with cc, some days just cc and wonder why I bothered with WW and SW as cc is so easy. I love mfp wish I had used it sooner.

Today we have been to Rufford country park and had a pic nic but I was impressed with myself I took some cucumber and vine tomatoes and dark ryvita. Before I would of just eaten all the rubbish lol

Lots of walking last two days again anything I earn I don't eat back, I'm on 1200 cals a day had a sneaky peak at scales today said 10 3 and 1/4 so lowest I've been since having youngest two babies hooray but official weigh in Tuesday. So if I'm 10 3 on Tuesday that's 2lb loss this week. Lost 4lb in the previous two weeks so mfp guide to lose 2lb a week seems to be working.

I can see the 9s getting closer and I can't wait

I've kinda been doing that, I love the calorie counting!! Your right I was signed up to WW website for a year and it didn't help but guess I wasn't motivated!!

10 3 and 1/4 THAT IS SUPER FANASTIC!!!!!! well done!!!!! Especially after the kiddies 'GO ON GIRL :D well done again on the picnic front it's very easy to eat loads and not know it with picnic food!! I predict a loss of 2lbs for you this week :D hahahaha

Walking is great! And a half hour walk at a slow pace is like 100cals burned!!

xx

BeckyT said:
Just read through your diary and you made me smile about the cottage cheese! I have tried to like it soooooooooo many times as I want to like it but I just don't! I think it's the texture I don't like! I so wished I liked it!!!

I've had a word with myself and I'm back on it, nobody else is going to shift the lbs apart from me...

Good luck with your week... What day is your WI? x

Hahahaha I know I've avoided it for years because of how it looks but I'm glad I tried it (read a post online that bodybuilders love it.....)

Well done making on making the decision that's almost half the battle!!! How much are you trying to lose if you don't mind me asking?

My weigh in day is Sat sooo looking to shift 1.5lbs by then, my September goal is 8lbs off!! When's yours?

xx

Morning!! Had my shake and a peach so far woooooo to ME!!! Drank about 3/4 of litre of water aiming for 2 litres a day now!!!

Done day 2 of shred @ 6am, it freaking hurts!!! So I didn't use my weights as they are 2.5lbs and I'm just not ready yet, I used to candles in glass jars weighed them and they are 1.7lbs each so will work up to 2.5!! I then had to do school run so walked 2.6miles in 1hr 15mins first part was pushing stroller with my 1year old and buggy board attached with my 4year old woooo!!! Gonna walk up to collect him which is another 1.2miles then get bus back as legs are still painful :(

Feeling Positive today!!

Bambalina11 said:
Hahahaha I know I've avoided it for years because of how it looks but I'm glad I tried it (read a post online that bodybuilders love it.....)

Well done making on making the decision that's almost half the battle!!! How much are you trying to lose if you don't mind me asking?

My weigh in day is Sat sooo looking to shift 1.5lbs by then, my September goal is 8lbs off!! When's yours?

xx

I am 11st 12 3/4lbs and I was 9st 2lbs earlier this year!!! So almost 37lbs to lose.... Ouch!

I've got 32lbs to lose so feel the pain!!! Can't wait to get into the 20lbs to lose bracket!! :D

xx

We've got a similar amount to lose, we can do this together!!:party0011:

Enjoy your walk later.... you can do it!

BeckyT said:
We've got a similar amount to lose, we can do this together!!:party0011:

Enjoy your walk later.... you can do it!

Your right WE CAN lol!'

I walked there then went shopping so got a cab bk, 3.8miles & Shred done woooo!

xx

Well it's now 15:38 and I have stiff muscles!! I'm gonna take and iboprufen because that's meant to help, I think the shred and my mammoth walk has done me in, can't do the housework properly because I'm sore, can't have a bath cause OH is at work and kids are to little for me to leave. On the plus side this pain won't last forever I'm just really unfit!! I've been researching and the majority of advice is Epsom salts and don't stop excercising though maybe pick a rest day once a week to let them repair, so might have Sat as my rest day :D

So currently laying stretched out on sofa as I can periodically stretch my legs and this helps with the pain, though it's a b**ch to get up hahahaha!!

Food wise been really good and still have 630 cals to have dinner and maybe a small snack!!

Cannot wait for Sat as its WI day and I've got the "losing lbs" bug!!

I will be a toned 12 for my Birthday I WILL :D!!

Ps First day back at work tomorrow after 2 weeks annual leave, sooo not ready to go back!!

Ok, been on MFP planner and asked this question:My question is, do I need to eat the calories I have earned through excercise? Or do I still stick to my 1360 cals? I dont want to do any harm to my body and I'm quite prepared to lose around 7lbs a month (Ideally I would like to lose 32lbs over the course of 4-5 months, I'm 5ft7 and want to keep my boobs and bum!!!)

Here are the answers, they are quite interesting AND THERE ARE LOADS:

knackered and bum in the same post?! You must be a Brit! (I assume knackered means tired - never heard that one before!)

To answer your question, yes, eat the exercise calories back. Especially since you are only eating 1360 a day anyways.

You are ignoring this user undo

Mon 09/10/12 11:18 AM
MFP is designed for you to eat them back and lose your goal amount of weight/week. Another options is to eat more everyday and average the exercise out for the week. So instead of 1360 on days you don't workout and say 1800ish on days you do, you could eat 1600ish everyday, whatever makes it easier for you is what you should do. Edited by erickirb on Mon 09/10/12 11:19 AM

Mon 09/10/12 11:18 AM
QUOTE:

knackered and bum in the same post?! You must be a Brit! (I assume knackered means tired - never heard that one before!)

To answer your question, yes, eat the exercise calories back. Especially since you are only eating 1360 a day anyways.

Ah good to know, do I have to eat these calories on the day that I burn them, or can I say, save some of them for a Sat night (Tv night as with two small kiddies me & OH never get out lol)

Is that ok today almost like a treat night?

Thanks,

B

Mon 09/10/12 11:21 AM
But eating the calories back makes no sense to me. Isn't the daily calorie calculation based on your starting weight vs your weight goal? If so, I'd assume calories burned off from exercise would be the reason you lose weight.

I'm a former WW loser, and while still a 'lifetime member', have found that each time I lose, if I deviated slightly from the 'plan', the weight came back on and then some. Calories are new for me (again). I used to eat based on points. When we exercised, we didn't have to use the additional points.

At present, my daily calorie total allowance is 1210. To eat another 467 calories, I feel would be too much and defeat the purpose I worked out.

Just my thoughts.

one thing to keep in mind is that MFP is notorious for overestimating calories burned during activity. For this reason, many people suggest eating some but not all of the exercise calories. I tend to put in about 25% less time than I actually exercised, so that i don't have to think about the discrepancy late on.

btw, 7 lbs a month is a lot. The first month, you lose more. As far as keeping the boobs and "bum", strength training will help keep things in place.

Mon 09/10/12 11:22 AM
It all depends what works for you. I don't eat mine back but I am also only 4'11 and MFP tools of BMR show my body only burns 1245 calories doing nothing, so if I eat the recommended 1200 calories a day my only loss would be from exercise calories earned! I do eat some back if I hardcore workout and burn a lot but if I only burn 300-500 I usually don't. Just listen to your body, if your hungry eat, if not don't force anything. You can test it out and do one month not eating back and one month eating back and see how your body responds. Some days I am super hungry and some days i eat lots of veggies and protein and no way am I still hungry. Good luck!

OHH and if your going to eat back all your calories burned I definitely definitely recommend a heart rate monitor so you aren't over estimating your workouts! Edited by sleibo87 on Mon 09/10/12 11:23 AM

Mon 09/10/12 11:26 AM
QUOTE:

But eating the calories back makes no sense to me. Isn't the daily calorie calculation based on your starting weight vs your weight goal? If so, I'd assume calories burned off from exercise would be the reason you lose weight.

I'm a former WW loser, and while still a 'lifetime member', have found that each time I lose, if I deviated slightly from the 'plan', the weight came back on and then some. Calories are new for me (again). I used to eat based on points. When we exercised, we didn't have to use the additional points.

At present, my daily calorie total allowance is 1210. To eat another 467 calories, I feel would be too much and defeat the purpose I worked out.

Just my thoughts.

I know it is confusing, but I started reading through all the posts on here and there was one girl who ate 800 cals a day and did 30 min treadmill a day...they were advising her that just for your body to function without any excerise you need 1000 cals, which got me thinking If i'm eating what i need to lose weight then doing excercise which is mainly cardio based (my hearts going and I'm sweating ICK) and MFP is saying its between 300-400 cals earned back thats taking my total cals to under 1000 which is Bad for my body (I think i'm understanding it right).

Thats why I asked the question because I want this to be a forever thing not a year thing I dont want to keep getting overweight.

Until I read that stuff I was on the same mindset as you, now I just dont know lol
frown.gif

QUOTE:

Just my thoughts.

remember how you told MFP how much weight you wanted to lose per week? It created a deficit into your calorie goal based on that. So, the calorie deficit is already there. If you want to work out and not eat the calories, you are creating more deficit.

The purpose of exercise is more so your muscle don't atrophy too much and you keep your LBM up so your metabolism stays higher. If you don't exercise or don't eat calories back, you start losing LBM.

A bigger deficit isn't always better. Slow weight loss stays off. The goal shouldn't be "each time you lose weight" but rather "I lost a bunch of weight once..."

QUOTE:

Just my thoughts.

/quote]

You don't need to re-consume ALL those calories, but keep in mind, when you work out you are deficiting your body those calories. For me, my goal is 1500 a day, but some days I burn 600 calories exercising, and obviously 900/day is not enough so I try to bring it back to about 1200 with food. But its not like you have to eat 3 cups of ice cream to fill those calories...Eat protein, veggies, smoothies...all great choices! Don't deficit your body too much or your body will think you are starving and store all the food you consume into fat!

Mon 09/10/12 11:35 AM
QUOTE:

Thanks guys, I think your all "correct" :D

I think what I will do Is stick to my 1360 cals and on a sat have 2 glasses of wine :D

I'm not a hardcore excerciser (like I said only just started)....one day I hope to be....

Ah your right 7lbs I was basing on these last two weeks, but I have only just started to diet thats why Ive dropped the 5lbs, 1-1.5lb a week is what I am aiming for!

For you to lose your goal amount of weight you would eat 1360 with no exercise, once you exercise you need more fuel. So if you burn 500 cals and eat 1860, it would be the same as eating 1360 on a day you don't workout as 1860-500 = 1360-0.

Not a good idea to save up all exercise cals for the wine on the weekend. If you want to save some great, but not all of them, your body needs the fuel to get through the next workout. Maybe if you only eat half them back and save the rest you should be fine. Edited by erickirb on Mon 09/10/12 11:37 AM

Mon 09/10/12 11:36 AM
Also I have made the following changes - Rocket lettuce every day, cottage cheese everyday, whole wheat steamed rice or 79g whole wheat pasta everyday, fruit twice a day and the biggest thing for me switching from 2ltr full fat coke A DAY!!! (do not know how my teeth have not fallen out....) to 2ltr water a day! I understand the concept of lifestyle change and eating healthy natural foods as opposed to processed and fatty. However it would be nice to have the odd take out (not everyweek) and know that because I excerecised all week I could have it, if that makes sense :)

Mon 09/10/12 11:37 AM
QUOTE:

QUOTE:

Thanks guys, I think your all "correct" :D

I think what I will do Is stick to my 1360 cals and on a sat have 2 glasses of wine :D

I'm not a hardcore excerciser (like I said only just started)....one day I hope to be....

Ah your right 7lbs I was basing on these last two weeks, but I have only just started to diet thats why Ive dropped the 5lbs, 1-1.5lb a week is what I am aiming for!

For you to lose your goal amount of weight you would eat 1360 with no exercise, once you exercise you need more fuel. So if you burn 500 cals and eat 1860, it would be the same as eating 1360 on a day you don't workout as 1860-500 = 1360-0.

Not a good idea to save up all exercise cals for the wine on the weekend. If you want to save some great, but not all of them, your body needs the fuel to get through the next workout. Maybe if you only eat half them back and save the rest you should be fine.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh

Mon 09/10/12 11:38 AM
I would also like to point out that with only 30ish lbs to lose a goal of more than 1lb/week may be too aggressive and can lead to the loss of a large % of lean muscle, not just the fat you are looking at losing.

Here is a good reference, if you have over 100 lbs to lose you can lose more than 2 lbs/week safely, that being said it is best to set a realistic safe weekly loss goal and:
If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.

Mon 09/10/12 11:40 AM
Eat 'em back. Trust me.

I've been the route of working-out-not-eating-calories-back. It wrecks your metabolism. A good guideline is to never NET under your BMR, which you can calculate here: Calorie Calculator - Scooby's Home Workouts Your BMR is basically what your body needs just to exist on a daily basis, before you do any sort of moving around at all. If you dip below that, prepare to feel hungry, cranky, and tired. Also, while you may lose all the weight you want to lose, as soon as you try to start eating at your "maintenance" level again, chances are you'll gain weight back. (Not to mention, some of the weight you lost was probably muscle mass and not fat, which is the very last thing you want!)

It's definitely not a race to the finish with this. Take your time and you'll get there. And with this route, you may even reach your "goal body" before you reach your "goal weight"--muscle looks damn good if it's still there when the fat sheds! Edited by runningfromzombies on Mon 09/10/12 11:42 AM

Mon 09/10/12 11:44 AM
QUOTE:

No, the calorie calculation is based on how many pounds you tell it you want to lose per week. Everybody picks 2 pounds a week, because who wouldn't want to lose that much? It will set you at a minimum of 1,200 cals. However, that isn't wise for everyone.

You eat the calories to fuel your workout because MFP calculates you calories to lose weight without extra exercise. When you do exercise, you need additional calories for your body, or else you are not going to have enough nutrition to healthily lose weight.

Mon 09/10/12 11:54 AM
Now you can See why I asked :D

So check: deduct 25% off from what MFP says Ive earned back then eat 3/4 back save 1/4 for the Sat night wine
Eat the 1480 cals instead of the 1360 cals to lose 1lb fat per week not muscle, re-evaluate when less weight to lose
When my body can handle it incorporate more stregth training to tone up and get a good shape (skinny not a good look)
Accept the fact that it will probably take more than 5 months and be happy that my health will see me through :D
Dont overdo it and burn out!!

Okay, I'm happy with this, it makes more sense, like I said on earlier reply that girl with the 800 cal post kinda freaked me and got me thinking about this a lot more as opposed to purely losing weight....

Good Morning!!

Had my shake this morning :D

Today is the first day back at work after 2weeks off!! I work a half day on tues, all day Wed and all day Fri eeeeek, I have a little part time job in evenings twice a week and a Sunday so Sats are the only days I don't work so that's gonna be my happy rest day :D

Didn't do my shred this morning gonna do it when I get home this afternoon, I did do half hour of my Callanetics DVD as I needed to stretch my muscles would have done the full hour but my daughter started running in between my legs thinking it was a game....Don't she not know lol!!!

As its half day I got a peach to eat at work and will have my soup when I get home for lunch!!

Feeling good today after lasts night fiasco (there's always something to freak me out hahaha)!

Any hoos will updat this avo after THE SHRED!!

Over and out gorgeous slimmers

xx

I have got the shred dvd, maybe I should dig it out and support you?!?

Enjoy your first day back at work... You'll be back at home doing your DVD before you know it!! x

Yey weighed in this morning and was 10 stone 2 exactly that's 3lbs down from last week

Lowest ive been since having my youngest 2 :) love cc it soo works

BeckyT said:
I have got the shred dvd, maybe I should dig it out and support you?!?

Enjoy your first day back at work... You'll be back at home doing your DVD before you know it!! x

Uhhhh I'm not gonna say NO hahahaha! Yay shred buddy though I am only doing each level until I'm comfortable with moving on, so I might be a bit of a disappointment if I'm not as fit lol

xx

hannah13 said:
Yey weighed in this morning and was 10 stone 2 exactly that's 3lbs down from last week

Lowest ive been since having my youngest 2 :) love cc it soo works

Well Done!!! That's fab, god I'm so jealous :D I can't wait till I get in the 10s!!!

Pat on the back for you missy!!

xx

Well, safe to say I did not do the shred today :( I am gonna do it tomorrow!!! (Not gonna quit after 2 days I just cant) I did do the callanetics which even though they say it isnt suppose to hurt my arms are well stiff!!!

Stuck to all my calories today again so quite proud!! I'll be honest I'm really freaking hoping this week I make it in to the 12s, god I havent been in the 12 bracket in over a year!!!!! fingers crossed!

I'm feeling quite tired almost drained today, its not from lack of food trust me for a diet I seem to be eating all the time (lowfat/cal food but defo all the time!!) I think it was the mahusive excercise session on yesterday thats took it out of me!! gonna get to bed by 10pm for a full 7 and a half hours dreaming of how fab I will look by xmas lol!

Hope you lot are doing all ok!!

xx

Bambalina11 said:
Well, safe to say I did not do the shred today :( I am gonna do it tomorrow!!! (Not gonna quit after 2 days I just cant) I did do the callanetics which even though they say it isnt suppose to hurt my arms are well stiff!!!

Stuck to all my calories today again so quite proud!! I'll be honest I'm really freaking hoping this week I make it in to the 12s, god I havent been in the 12 bracket in over a year!!!!! fingers crossed!

I'm feeling quite tired almost drained today, its not from lack of food trust me for a diet I seem to be eating all the time (lowfat/cal food but defo all the time!!) I think it was the mahusive excercise session on yesterday thats took it out of me!! gonna get to bed by 10pm for a full 7 and a half hours dreaming of how fab I will look by xmas lol!

Hope you lot are doing all ok!!

xx

Shred makes me sooooo tired only after day 6 or so did it feel less painful and more energised.

Today I'm In a sweet picky mood not hungry just picky so today has been crap food but within my cals.

Well done on doing exercise and fingers x for the 12's :)

hannah13 said:
Shred makes me sooooo tired only after day 6 or so did it feel less painful and more energised.

Today I'm In a sweet picky mood not hungry just picky so today has been crap food but within my cals.

Well done on doing exercise and fingers x for the 12's :)

Thanks Hun!

Ahhh I get like that on the run up to totm..... Sweetie monster lol. At least you stayed in the cals, always a bonus!

xx

Back