Horlicks and Horlicks Light

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by becks201003, 4 December 2010 Social URL.

1. becks201003

becks201003 I will achieve 10 stone!!

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(22.07%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Guys,

Just a quick question. I just bought some Horlicks Light in the supermarket without checking syns first. Something I never do. Checked on syn values and was shocked to see:

Horlicks Original 25g = 4.5 syns
    Horlicks Light 32g = 6 syns

I must admit I am somewhat confused as to how a LIGHT version can be more syns?? I appreciate the slightly higher weigjht limit but still? Anyone else come accross this? I searched mini mins site and found other ppl say their is Horlicks extra light but not been able to find this but its only 2 syns. My winter bed time drink seems so not worthwhile, really disappointed now :-(

Anyone know if the extra light tastes ok before I waste yet another £2.50?

x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think the problem is that there is no legal definiton of what constitutes "Light" when manufacturers use it on packaging

You would need to look at the ingredient list - it may be low in fat but with more sugar than the original one

Sorry I not able to tell you how it tastes as Horlicks is something I have never tried

You could always have a hot chocolate instead

4. becks201003

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(22.07%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi hun,

Thanks, I have options hot choc quite often just fancies a change. But I think I will stick to 1-2 syns per options that 4.5 for a bloody horlicks!! LOL

5. atcer28

atcer28 Member

Start Weight:
    16st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11.5lb(10.85%)
    Horlicks extra light

I have tried this and find it is nearly as good as the light version and I am fairly sure it is about the same syns as an options. I use a splash of my HE milk to make it a bit creamier.

Do you not normally add milk to horlicks original but water to horlicks light ? In which that would explain why it is more sysn as the light already has the milk in it.

6. becks201003

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(22.07%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I can't remember tbh as its so long since I had it due to SW. However the light is just add water....checked the ingredients and 3rd in list is dried skimmed milk! Why didn't I think of that.

Thanks x

7. Minimunchkins

Minimunchkins Gold Member

Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    If you like the Extra Light Horlicks and can find any on the shelves - buy, buy, buy as much as you can. It's been discontinued .................. due to lack of interest!!!!

I used to buy it all the time but only ever find it in Morrisons. With not seeing it lately, I e-mailed the Twinnings group to ask about it's whereabouts and was told the devastating news!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.