Horse riding help

Watergirl

Rock Solid
I haven't ridden a horse for many, many years and even then it was probably a pony.

I'd quite like to take up horse riding and am not sure what to expect or what to look for.

I like the idea of the fitness benefits, toning my lower half and getting out in the fresh air. It seems much more fun than going to a gym!

Any advice from anyone on this?

This is exactly what i'm doing!

I've always felt i was too heavy to go on a horse, so stayed clear....but now i'm determined to get back in the saddle!

I just googled horse riding schools in my area and it threw up about 15. It tends to be about £20 for half hour i think....but the appeal of a tight ass and thighs is making me think thats a bloomin bargain!

xx

Then the one I have found is a bargain at £17 for an hour's class. Think I might give them a call. I've been put off because although I like horses, they don't seem keen on me!!!

Hi Liz, go for it. I exercise ex-racehorses and ex-eventers and a 5 year old eventer every weekend (only 1 at a time) for an old chap who has them for fun.

It is brilliant for toning and if I miss a week every bone in my body aches after I have been. If you used to ride it is like riding a bike. I went from ponies and a small horse and not riding from the age of about 17 to riding the horses I am now after a break of about 12 years. It was a little daunding for the first few weeks getting used to much bigger, faster and forward going horses but it's amazing what you remember and I LOVE it now.

PM me if you have any specific questions....... good luck, you won't regret it! xx

Hey Liz

Well I'm a riding instructor/stable yard manager normally but have had few accidents this year breaking my leg twice:rolleyes: but i'm always back in the saddle asap.

Horse Riding is very good for leg and bum toning and believe me the celluite goes:D also is quite good cardio as believe me when i've been training horses in the past 30 mins to an hour of trotting and cantering shatters you...and i used to do this 6 times a day.

Please make sure where ever you go to is BHS approved or ABRS as these centres have had the proper checks done.

If any one has any questions feel free to ask as have been riding horses since I was 3 and i'm now 31:eek:

Thanks Lexy and Dappymare. When I said I'd not been since I was a kid, it was only pony trecking kind of thing and I only went about 3 times, so a complete beginner really.

Will look into it and then no doubt have 101 questions!

ditto....never went faster than a canter but i loved doing it so time to get back into it i feel!
Will be looking out for the registration stuff now so thanks loads for that! :D
x

Ohhhh I have always wanted to try horse riding. I have never in my life sat on a horse (a donkey once at Blackpool - but never a horse :().

I think I am too old now and the stables would laugh at me, but 'd love to give it a go.

Mia behave.....you are never too old to learn how to ride:p I teach from 5 y/o children up to adults, i even had a 58 year old gentleman come for lessons a few years ago. Horse riding is for any one at any age and truely recommend it to any one:D

Back