Hospital Bag - when & what?

big bear

A bear on a mission!
I can't remember when I'm suppose to pack my hospital bag, I'm 34 weeks on Saturday so guessing I should do it now, am I right?

Also what shall I pack? I remember with my first we had way too much stuff & I didn't use half of it and the bag kept getting in the way etc

Those that've had a few babies what are the most important things?

We only live 5 minutes from the hospital so if I needed certain things H would get for me.

Thanks you lovely ladies

Well, both my little ladies were induced, so I ended up packing lots to do whilst we waited for things to happen (puzzle books, reading material, snacks and drinks) In hindsight though, the nerves and excitement meant not much of it got used. DD2 arrived after 54 minutes so we barely had time to get me from the ward and into a labour suite and undressed, let alone to use any of the essential oils, tens machine or relaxing music we'd carefully planned! The only useful thing was a pair of fluffy socks I insisted on wearing, not cause I had cold feet, but because my massive bump had prevented me from re-painting my less than glamourous toenails for the event!

We packed plenty of nappies, sleep suits and vests for LO but left them all in a seperate bag in the car and out of the way till we needed them on the ward. Just put one of everything in your bag for immediately after they arrive.

Otherwise, all I would suggest is hair bobbles, flannel, camera, straws (cause our midwife couldn't find any and I kept having to change position to take a drink), fully charged mobile phone, plenty of change for the car park and something comfy to wear while you're pushing

for my 1st (now 14) i took tonnes like you said fell over the bag etc, she was a c-section so i ran out of what i needed and was to busy faffing and not letting her sleep to use any of the junk i had taken. number 2 (now 9) was 2 weeks late an i was home 6 hours after so again so much junk and no need!! number 3 (now 10 months old) i nearly managed to get right like lisalulu i had "spares" in the car.

cumfy nighty, something cumfy to come home in, pads (for below and bra) wash bag. i didn't bother with make up. baby grows an vests a hat an some nappies and socks i forgot those with the last 1 and she had cold feet and ended up with a spare pair of scratch mits on under her baby grow!

phone camera change etc make them his department!!!

congrats for ur new arrival,hope its quick and pain free xx

Hi, all of my four births have been induced and was in hosp from 2 - 5 days with hanging around so I always pack plenty, take a look at this thread
http://www.minimins.com/pregnancy-without-pounds/160602-hospital-bag.html
And I would seriously get cracking on sorting yours and babys bags cos anything could happen at any time and you really don't want the added stress of trying to get your things together at the last minute;)

Back