hospital food

bigmomawants to b slim said:
Im at hospital all day with my son and im worried i go off plan due to the hospital food being high in syns

Find the canteen, not the fast food places (although how they can ban smoking and still rent out to burger king and Costa is beyond me), anyway I digress, there's usually a canteen and you can pick up a good on plan meal there, I recently got a breakfast, cut the fat off the bacon etc still synned it at about 3 syns because i didn't know how it was cooked etc, and they'll have fruit/salads.
Most hospitals have them to provide subsidised meals for staff xx

AnnaFaraday said:
Personally I would rather go hungry than eat the food I have seen in hospitals. Can't you take a sandwich with you?

Ours is ok, on a par with Tesco cafe I'd say!

I must be a philistine food wise lol

I prefer OUR Asda Cafe to OUR Tesco's but have been in other Tesco's which are very good.

However, back to the OP - if it's just for the day and you're that worried, then take something from home. > I have treatment every 3 weeks in our Chemo Unit & if my appointment is around lunchtime, I can choose from a brilliant range of sandwiches, fruit & yoghurt (there's crisps & biscuits too) that comes around on the trolley. > I've also taken bits with me & the lovely volunteers who keep us going with tea & coffee will nuke it for me in their micro's if I ask.

Back