Hot cross buns...

Marks and Spencer hot cross bun loaf is 6 syns per slice. Really good too. Happy Easter

Hey,

Found this on the SW site

Hot cross buns Easter simply wouldn’t be Easter without a home-made hot cross bun and the good news is that they’re not off-limits when you’re Food Optimising. A 36g mini hot cross bun is a fair 5½ Syns; however, if you fancy a bigger bun our recipe for chocolate hot cross buns is 6½ Syns per chocolatey bun!

xx

Cant find the mini ones or the livwell ones anywhere - opted for 2 from greggs on the basis that 2 is better then eating an entire pack of 4 or 6 that not even thinking about the 2 for one offers every one seems to be taunting me with! Lol! Will have to investigate the recipe though - thank you!

Hey,

Found this on the SW site

Hot cross buns Easter simply wouldn’t be Easter without a home-made hot cross bun and the good news is that they’re not off-limits when you’re Food Optimising. A 36g mini hot cross bun is a fair 5½ Syns; however, if you fancy a bigger bun our recipe for chocolate hot cross buns is 6½ Syns per chocolatey bun!

xx

That link only took me to the members log-in page. I tried the recipe search that anyone can see but can't find the HC x buns :(

454g/1lb strong plain white bread flour
pinch of salt
1 tbsp mixed spice
2 sachets low calorie drinking chocolate powder, eg Options
2 tsp easy blend dried yeast
57g/2oz currants
2 tbsp sunflower oil
284ml/10fl oz lukewarm skimmed milk

for the glaze:
1 tbsp granulated artificial sweetener

1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°/Gas 6. Line a large baking sheet with baking parchment.

2. Sift the flour, salt, mixed spice and drinking chocolate into a mixing bowl. Stir in the yeast and currants.

3. Make a well in the centre and spoon in the oil. Gradually pour in the milk and mix to form a soft but not sticky, dough.

4. Turn out on to a lightly floured surface. Knead for 5 minutes until smooth and elastic. Place in a floured bowl, cover and leave in a warm place for 1 hour until doubled in size.

5. Turn out and re-knead. Divide into 16 pieces, shape into buns and place on the baking sheet. Cover and leave for 20 to 30 minutes until doubled in size.

Serves: 16
Prep time: 30 mins + proofing
Cook time: 20 minutes
Syns per serving: 6.5

Back