Hot Crusty HEXB homemade rolls and PIZZA ?? mmm! (with pizza pics!)

:D :D looks awesome! I squished mine flatter to get more topping on. Did you use the flat part of the palm of your hand to squash it down?

Rolling pin! Just rolled it flat-ish, it was about 1/2 an inch thick after cooking, maybe a little more. I feel like I'm cheating, it shouldn't be allowed on sw! Lol. It was so worth my 4 hex's, though I'm sure 1 x cheese would have been ok, but I do love cheese... mmm! Xxx

It's not massive, obviously if you squished a 57g roll flat it wouldn't be huge. A 2 HEb size pizza base looks like about a pitta and a half if you could squish a pitta and a half into a circle-type thing.

75g of breadmix will make an approximate 2HEb size pizza base (around 115g).

But piled high with LOTS of toppings, it really does make for a good meal! Serve with a side salad and you're sorted!

EDIT:

I just posted this update on my blog for those who fancy a pizza!

UPDATE:
I made another pizza today with less breadmix – for info, 75g of mix will make a base that weighs around 115g – which is just about 2 HEbs. It will make a base that is about the size of a pitta and a half, squished into a circle shape. This is about the size of the inner circle of a regular sized dinner plate. Pile it high with SUPERFREE toppings and serve with a side salad and you’re good to go!!

You could also do that thing Pizza Express do and cut a hole in the middle and serve your salad inside! REAL restaurant quality in your own home!

Last edited:
I've just gone an bought some as well; think I will give the pizza a try first...yum

same as usual, you can have 57g of wholemeal bread roll as a HEb. So if you make one 57g roll, it would be one. If you make two smaller 28g ish rolls, you could have them both.

Must have missed something - what bread mix is this? I make my own bread but only make white so I can't eat it, but wonder if this will work in my machine? Cut loaf into 12 and that should make 2 slices my HEXb - yes??

Thanks

x

Gutted that I don't have a local tesco! I wonder if ASDA have an alternative......

Lovely, thanks for that. Am going to nip into tesco tomorrow so will see if I can pick this up.

Thanks

x

Thank you, I ordered some which arrived yesterday with my weekly shopping!

Excellent! Would it be exactly the same HEX b value as the tesco one? I am a bit of a numpy with things like this, i wouldn't want to buy the wrong one.....

Well I'm stuffed with pizza and feeling very satisfied! I don't have a food mixer so just mixed it by hand and not even for the five minutes mentioned in the instructions. I made my homemade tomato sauce and just topped it with mushrooms and cheese. It came out great and tasted beautiful! My only mistake was spraying my pizza tray with butter frylight - I got a nasty fake butter taste every now and then! I've never had wholemeal pizza base before and it is definitely very filling. Well worth the small amount of effort.

Its yum isn't mmm!

The Asda one is just "wholemeal bread mix", and I had a quick scan and it seemed the same as the Tesco one, values wise. But i can have a look properly tomorrow and check. I'm in bed now and am not getting out for love nor money lol. (Because there's every chance my LO will wake up at 5am!) Xx

i'm soooo going to make this! thanks! :) xxxx

The ASDA one works out to be around the same syns. Well, I guess once SW update Bodyoptimise thenwe can seeabout HEX'ing the ASDA one too! I don't seewhy it couldn't be used, we've bought some :) x

Back