Hot days do not necessarily mean salad is on the menu - whoops!

stivesliz

Gold Member
Hi everyone, hope you're all enjoying our much awaited summer.

It's a proper scorcher down here in the south west and we had a bbq yesterday.

yes, I know that bbqs can be totally SW friendly, but after a few glasses of pimms I seemed to forget that - although each glass did have a third of superfree with the strawberries and cucumber.

As much as I love the sun, I always find I do better in the winter for some reason - warm weather makes me want to have ice cream and sandwiches but in the winter I am more than happy to eat healthy roiasts and stews etc. Does anyone else agree.................or is it just me lol?

I seem to be just as bad no matter the time of year to be honest! Wanted to comment though with a pimms alternative- sounds weird but trust me here! Tablespoon on balsamic vinegar in a 4 pint jug topped up with diet lemonade and all the fruit- you wouldn't know it from pimms! ;)

ScarlettStar86 said:
I seem to be just as bad no matter the time of year to be honest! Wanted to comment though with a pimms alternative- sounds weird but trust me here! Tablespoon on balsamic vinegar in a 4 pint jug topped up with diet lemonade and all the fruit- you wouldn't know it from pimms! ;)

Oh someone recommended that to me but I wasn't sure it would work might have to give it a go !!!

I can totally reccommend the fake pimms!! Its lovely, a woman bought it in to taster session at group and we all went home and made it lol

I totally agree, Liz! My 99 flake episode yesterday is proof of that! Mind you, I did resist lots of other stuff. It's really lucky I'm so close to the 10s and want it to badly, otherwise I think yesterday could have been a total and utter write off!!

That said though - this sun is amazing and I totally wouldn't swap it. Even if it does give the willpower a real bashing! xx

I totally agree, Liz! My 99 flake episode yesterday is proof of that! Mind you, I did resist lots of other stuff. It's really lucky I'm so close to the 10s and want it to badly, otherwise I think yesterday could have been a total and utter write off!!

That said though - this sun is amazing and I totally wouldn't swap it. Even if it does give the willpower a real bashing! xx

I want a 99! lol

Back