Hot or cold water

Elaine-Melanie

Hi
I am new around here, so am still finding hard to negotiate the site.
Anyway, my question is; week 1 I lost 7lb, week 2 lost 5lb, week 3 lost 2lb.
The firs two weeks I drank cold (tempid) water, on week 3 I drank only boiled water. Do you think this is the reason why I only lost 2lb?
I have been reading web sites and some suggest that hot water is not as good for you as cold water. Anyone else had the same experience?
Keep up the good work,
Elaine.

I don't know about the water thing but most people find they have a smaller loss on week three for some reason. Your losses suggest that you don't have a huge amount to loose ?? 2lbs though is still 16 sausages worth of fat so try not to be disheartened x

Apparently cold water can be better as your body has to work harder to process it through your system.. Body has to warm it slightly which means your metabolism has to notch up a gear ..
Are you due (totm)? As losses are slower around this time!
X

Hi
Thanks for your words of encouragement - fancy people don't lose as much on week 3. Thanks that has cheered me up.
I did read that it took some calories to burn up cold water, like the fact that it uses up more calories to eat celery than the celery itself. Amazing!
Hope you have a good week.
Elaine.

Ice cold water is better as your body works harder, giving your metabolism a good boot! I keep mine in the fridge

I have a huge water bottle which makes it easy to see how much I'm drinking per day...its a 1000ml and I try to drink at least 4 of them a day ...plus the shakes and the odd cuppa tea ;) ( can't forgo my tea ~lol~)
So far it seems to be giving me good results this time round :D x x x

Back