How accurate are the scales?

traceya89

just wondering how accurate the scales at slimming world are? Just wondering if you go on the scales 10 minutes later whether they will be the same or different, as sometimes the scales do flicker between say ....stone 2 lb and ... stone and 2.5 lbs?

Also would they be the same as if you got weighed in Boots?

Just thought I'd ask?

well i have the same problem! i weigh in at home, and i can go on and ill be 11.2 then i will go on 10 mins later and ill be 11.3 it stresses me out! x

Getting on and off the same set in a short space of time shouldn't matter but getting weighed on different sets will. The main thing I'd they all show the same loss.

If a discrepancy of 1lb on your scales is stressing you out you need to stop extra weigh ins. that's why a once a week wi same place same scales is the only way to go :)

If I weigh myself at my mums (she has the scales, I refuse to have them in my house as I was once addicted to weighing myself 3 times a day!) the scales at my mums will say im 3-4lb heavier than SW ones. I just stick to SW once a week, middle of a tuesday, done job :) xx

The scales are calibrated and they keep them that way. We had an issue one week because the scales had been plugged in wrong and stopped weighing anyone after the first 2 people. After we fixed it the first people weighed 4 lbs heavier. So the next week my group leader brought both of her sets of scales (digital), her old non-digital SW scales and another consultants scales out and weighed herself and a couple of other members on all the sets to show that they were all the same and therefore all accurate. I run the weigh station on the social team at my group so I get to hear all the drama about the weigh-ins every week.:D

Back