How anyone had an extra shake/bar when they are really feeling the strain?

Phoenix101

Hi Everyone :)

Was wondering if anyone takes another shake/bar is they feel so desperately hunger as a measure against going off plan and eating? Sometimes I really feel ravenously hungry but I am scared about going down a bad road if I AAM. Could the solution for these times be adding another shake in or could it completely through me out of ketosis and stall my weight loss which to date has been consistent. Seeing the scales stall could be difficult for my motivation.:(

I very often have an extra shake or sometimes bar ... Be careful with the bars as 2 in one day can effect some people and take them out of ketosis but I find it is fine for me :) 800 calories is still classed as a VLCD and doesn't effect my losses at all x

I was tempted to do another shake a couple of days ago, but managed to hold it off with a cup of tea.

I would consider it rather than eat. And like Katie says it is still considered VLCD at 800kcals

I was tempted too a couple of days ago :)

I am finding that a cup of vegetable bouillion takes the edge off. I think that the salty taste helps as I am not having the soups.

Phoenix, you are 5' 8". On the Cambridge Diet you would be advised to have four packs a day, and not just three. So I think you are doing absolutely the right thing! Good luck.

But the calorie and nutrients intake of 3 Exante packs is the same as 4 Cambridge so a 4th isnt necessary

Phonenix a lot of people split their packs so they have between 3 and 6 shakes etc a day, that might help. I have to admit I usually find having a coffee or buillion takes the edge off.

Splitting them might be the way to go. I am using sugar free chewing gum. It doesn't put me out of ketosis but I am paranoid about talking to people if my breath is smelly. I think this may be the problem as it apparently stimulates the gastric juices. I must switch to breath spray instead :p

You got some really good responses here. I think you just have to make Exante work for you in the end (obviously within reason).

I also sometimes have 4 packs a day, especially if I have been to gym. It stops my body from starving which in turn, prevents STS or a gain!

You can try splitting the packs but if you are still starving, have a half soup or shake. It's still a VLCD. Also drink plenty of water throughout the day, it helps with the hunger pangs.

What some people don't realise is not everyone handles their carbs the same way. Some people have tendency to naturally carb load which means a ketogenic diet while effective can be that much harder in the early stages, and once you're in ketosis, you may still experience cravings and intense hunger. For others, it's the opposite. You just have to figure out what works for you!

Hope you're managing okay and good luck with your losses xx

Back