How are you celebrating Mother's Day?

Mumof2girls

HI guys, I only have two little uns, but DH wants to give me a bit of fuss on Mother's Day. He mentioned me breaking the diet for just one day, and he'd bring me a little bit of brekkie in bed (now, that is a dream to me!) and us all going out for lunch later that day.

Why does everything revolve around food... and before you suggest some pampering, that just does not appeal to me as much.

So, I am thinking of consciously breaking the diet for the day without completely pigging out, cos in a way I feel I have done this now for 2 weeks and deserve a break. If I got back on SS the following day (I know I have to go back through ketosis etc)... will I have really caused that much damage?

I have seen many people break it here and there and get back on the wagon... otherwise I think I will be a right old grump, childishly feeling sorry for myself. Being a mum is the toughest job I have ever done (and believe me my past jobs were not easy)... and I really relish the thought of that being acknowledged.

I'd like to also add, that DH rarely does anything like this for me, so that in itself is a miracle!

I think you've already made your mind up to eat on mothers day, and I'm not going to judge you on that; what I would say though is if you are going to eat try and stay away from carbs a la Atkins diet, so at least then you stay in ketosis and make it easier for you to carry on afterwards with CD SS.

Can't comment really as I did 790 without a blip over Christmas and New Year.

For me staying on the diet and losing weight was more important to me than Christmas Dinner!

Through 7 months of the Cambridge diet I have learned that food is not the be all and end all, that I don't use food as a reward for anything.

It is entirely up to you - enjoy yourself whatever you decide to do

I have had to do AAM for a week due to commitments, but ordered salad and grilled chicken when out but only ate 1/3 of it or less. No questions were asked, I just said I was full and apologised. Mothers day is every year, and 2 weeks in is not long enough to cave in now! Let him make your CD porridge or shake for breakfast. Wherever you go on sunday its going to be heaving and they would have put the prices up! Go in a few more months when you have shifted some weight and the weather is good! Its going to rain on sunday I think!

HI guys, I only have two little uns, but DH wants to give me a bit of fuss on Mother's Day. He mentioned me breaking the diet for just one day, and he'd bring me a little bit of brekkie in bed (now, that is a dream to me!) and us all going out for lunch later that day.

Why does everything revolve around food... and before you suggest some pampering, that just does not appeal to me as much.

So, I am thinking of consciously breaking the diet for the day without completely pigging out, cos in a way I feel I have done this now for 2 weeks and deserve a break. If I got back on SS the following day (I know I have to go back through ketosis etc)... will I have really caused that much damage?

I have seen many people break it here and there and get back on the wagon... otherwise I think I will be a right old grump, childishly feeling sorry for myself. Being a mum is the toughest job I have ever done (and believe me my past jobs were not easy)... and I really relish the thought of that being acknowledged.

I'd like to also add, that DH rarely does anything like this for me, so that in itself is a miracle!

DANGER DANGER DANGER......

If you read the posts on by many many you will see that it all went wrong after they 'had one night off' be it birthday, anniversary etc etc...

The day doesnt have to revolve round food hun - not if you dont want it to....

Walks, bike rides, cinema, pottery decorating (my kids are well into making things)....

You could always follow 790 plan or 810, which is your packs plus the meal - wont affect anything I shouldnt think xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh girl, even though I had thought I had made my mind up, you guys are my 'conscience'!!! Now ye have given me food for thought, so to speak... Soon to be gorgeous, wow, dont know how you got through Christmas with all that food/drink around! Fair dues to you. You're a better woman than I will ever be. Time4me, I am pretty sure that I would not go down that slippery slope again, been there before, too many times, and it just depresses me too much. Hmm.... I am thinking along the lines of the chicken and salad now. Maybe if I had it put up to me, it would be a treat? Can you do AAM for just one day? I was hoping to do the AAM week two weeks later as I am going to stay with the inlaws for a few days.

Thanks.. it really helps having you about to answer these dilemmas.. no one else could possibly understand how important all of this is.

Oh girl, even though I had thought I had made my mind up, you guys are my 'conscience'!!! Now ye have given me food for thought, so to speak... Soon to be gorgeous, wow, dont know how you got through Christmas with all that food/drink around! Fair dues to you. You're a better woman than I will ever be. Time4me, I am pretty sure that I would not go down that slippery slope again, been there before, too many times, and it just depresses me too much. Hmm.... I am thinking along the lines of the chicken and salad now. Maybe if I had it put up to me, it would be a treat? Can you do AAM for just one day? I was hoping to do the AAM week two weeks later as I am going to stay with the inlaws for a few days.

Thanks.. it really helps having you about to answer these dilemmas.. no one else could possibly understand how important all of this is.

Many people AAM once a week rather than spending the entire week actually doing it, my CDC told me this was fine too - also if you were following 790/810 you are still in ketosis etc so if you stick to the green white thing with regards to whatever you eat then it wont be a problem. If you eat carbs you will come out of ketosis and this will have an effect probably.

I ate out in a Beefeater, grilled seabass with a green salad and I took a bottle of fat free dressing with me - yummmmmmmmyyy

I'm sticking ruthlessly to the diet and my husband is 100% behind me. Unfortunately, that means my mother will suffer a bit, because we normally take her out for a meal on Mothering Sunday, but since she's criticised my weight my whole life, I don't feel too bad about that ;).

HH

We are the angel on one shoulder to counteract the devil on the other!!

Thanks.... what would I do without you!! :thankyou:
Ye truly are my angels! :devilangel:

I spoke with DH about it over dinner, (I made them Spag Bol & Garlic Bread :drool: .. hmmm and I had Veg soup!:boohoo:) ... I am gonna give mothers day dinner a miss and celebrate instead with a homemade chicken & veg, whilst they have their roast dinner. I figure that if I break it, even though I am certain I would jump back on it the next day, that I am just adding more weeks to this diet, and the quicker I am off it the better.

I also seriously need to deal with the fact of 'maintenance' when I do get to goal. I know its early days yet but I dont want to go down that slippery slope I have often travelled on.

Yeah... Easter is another obstacle that I shall cross when I get to it.. also have my birthday and a reunion in between. Can I just skip March this year and go straight for April? :sigh:

I think you've got to stop seeing food as a 'treat' or reason to celebrate, it's really hard I know but without that you're sending your body the wrong messages. I hope you do get back on the wagon the next day, I've seen some on here struggle terribly after a day. I've done birthdays, christenings and Christmas on ss as I thought, Next year I'll be slim and can choose something tasty without messing this diet up.

Good luck, and enjoy your dh pampering you xx

As mum of two boy's my eldest son (25) is coming home for mothers day and my youngest (11 mths) has just started enjoying proper meals. so lm cooking a roast dinner for all my boy's (hubby included) and lm sticking to a nice bowl of CD soup there will be plenty of mothers days for meals out :D enjoy the day all you mammies out there:party0019:

It's my AAMW this week so I will be having chicken & cauliflower on sunday but if I was ssing I wouldn't break it. There will be plenty of time when you're at goal to enjoy meals out. I sat in Frankie & Benny's last Saturday and watched my friends tuck into Pizzas and I had a sparkling water. I want the end result more than pizza or anything else. I'm scared to break this diet for the fear of not being able to get back on.

Thanks again.. and you are all completely right. The thing is... I cannot get longing for food out of my head, I really have to deal with it. And you know what, no matter howmuch I look forward to eating something, it is never as good as I had looked forward to, IYKWIM...

Anyway... sorted. I have my 2nd weigh in tomorrow and I'm not blowing 2 weeks hard work for a 1 hour lunch! So, it'll be chicken a la brocolli and cauliflour for me!

If your family want to pamper you on Mother's Day, get hubby to run you a nice bath, whilst they do all the housework, etc. After your bath, you can be given time to moisturise, do your nails, and all that stuff!

Having a clean house at the end of the day, done by somebody else, would be worth much more to me than a meal! :D

As for me, my daughter's going on a Scout camp Saturday night, and will need picking up (around 25-30 miles away) at 2pm on Sunday, meaning I couldn't go for lunch if I wanted to! I'm sure after that i'll be washing muddy clothes all afternoon, too!

Jo x

The thing is... I cannot get longing for food out of my head, I really have to deal with it.

Mum - if it's any consolation/help to you at all I have found that the longing does where off...still have cravings sometimes but I have stopped thinking about what I will eat when I finish dieting or wishing that I could have a large plate of beans on toast for example.

Good luck with your weigh in :D

I was dreading someone would say "oh go on" because you are not really committed to your diet at the two week stage and it would be so easy to say "just this time". There will always be those days and it will take fewer and fewer reasons to not cave in ...... then where would you be. You have to want to succeed at this or any other diet more strongly than you want to do all those other things. There is a touch of "the grass is greener on t'other side", everyone else is enjoying themselves more than I am. Just look at the success stories on here, just look at those who have mastered (controlled) their imbalance on food intake - who are the happy ones. When you stay on top of what you REALLY WANT FOR YOURSELF you will bring on tenfold your happiness and that in turn will reflect onto your family and friends. Look after the inner you and bring yourself the gift of enjoying every celebration in a manner that really suits you.
Perhaps DH could think of something special for you to aspire too a little further down the line. Kids could go with Daddy to choose some pretty flowers for their lovely Mummy; I take it they are relative tinies. Maybe a CD or a DVD with the time to sit down and enjoy it would be a bit of a thrill for a busy Mum. Think of the alternatives and plan ahead for the next inevitable event. Painting boiled eggs to roll down a hill for Easter and some lovely fresh daffodils. Face painting mummy could be fun too!! Oh I am making waves. Teehee

Well done on deciding not to break CD. You're right it's not worth undoing 2 weeks hard work for a sunday lunch. You will enjoy your day knowing you had the strength no to give in to your cravings. Hope you have a lovely day and get spoilt.

Back