HOW ARE YOU HANDLING XMAS/NIGHTS OUT/FOOD OR NO FOOD?

Well done Lizzie. Other gems of wisdom like that can be found in the book "Don't sweat the small stuff" by Richard Carlson - it's a life-changing read.
Ann x

Great thread and great advice! I too would stay stick to the plan 100% - it is so not worth breaking the diet just to please other people!

Guilty food doesn't taste as nice as you think it will.

I sat through last crimbo lunch with a chicken soup no problem (might have to do it this year as well - boo!!! lol).

Chin up, chuck - it's your life, your mouth, your decision - don't let family or friends influence your choices!

This has been a great thread - I have just turned down an invitation to a girls night out in December because I know where they are all going to be eating and quite frankly, although I wouldn't eat, I don't want to put myself through that.. on Friday night it was pretty tough to be honest, surrounded by delicious food and watching my slender mates troughing it away and knowing that I couldn't risk even a morsel or I would be on that slippery slope to food hell!

I am going out loads, and have done, but to be honest, I won't be going out for meals where I am not partaking. I will meet up and party and go to the pub etc... but I personally find it hard looking at all that scrummy-smelling grub!

I keep telling myself - this time next year I will be able to have a small amount of that.. I will be maintaining (hopefully) at goal... and that is what keeps me focused.

As for Christmas dinner etc... I am postponing my AAM to make it on Christmas week so I can sit and eat with my girls, but that's the only reason and I won't break the limits on it because, as those who know have said, this is once in a lifetime. I can "sacrifice" one Christmas for the sake of the rest of my life. (I mean, to be honest, it might make us all focus on what is truly important about Christmas rather than on the food!).

So, I understand your disappointment and know you might feel poopy on the night in question, but when you get to your goal you will be SO glad!!

Although I had 2 holidays and lots of nights out whilst on SS, I never went to a restaurant. As well as making me uncomfortable, watching people eat, I think it is very difficult for others to have someone at the table who is watching them! (I know I wouldn't like it - respect it, yes, but not like it)
SO, yes, it can be done, but you do have to identify your own "comfort zone" - and stay in it. Put dogs on the perimeter to guard it if you have to!
Ann x

Back