• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

How are you preparing for long term maintenance

Tif

I'm planning to have a meeting with a nutritionist, they are only about £30 or free if you caqn swing it with your doctor.

I am planning on following a low gi diet too. Haven't got a clue about anything though so need to get a book me thinks! haha! Start 810 tomorrow as my bmi is now 25 and I have finished 12 weeks eek. Still want to lost another stone and a bit though!

:party0011:Great question and certainly something on my mind at the moment! I feel quite happy with knowing what sorts of foods to eat, my problem is really about overeating! I'm planning on following a regime suggested by Gillian Riley in her book. Nothing is forbidden but i'm going to use little techniques to make sure that I am not overeating eg. serving up plate of food and just eating what is on it - no extras, and making sure I leave a gap of at least 2 hrs between eating so that I am sure that I am hungry. Little things to help to to learn when I am genuinely hungry or when I am 'emotionally' hungry. I really just want to keep this perspective on why I have overeaten in the past and choose to take a different path. I think that it's all about knowing that I have a choice in what path I take, and choosing willingly to not not overeat as I know that it just leaves me miserable.

I think that low sugar and low refined carbs (low GI) seems to me the most sensible way to keep the cravings in check.

XXX:party0011:

Guru

Silver Member
I think it's going to have to be a low carb diet for me in future. Carbs (and portion sizes in general) are my enemy. Which is a shame because I LOVE bread, potatoes, rice, pasta..... hmmm... this might explain a lot!

Carbs will have to be a treat.

eyeontheprize

can see the end in sight!
low GI for me, stay away from refined sugar etc. luckily i love healthy foods, so it won't be a problem. also calorie counting until it becomes a second nature.

sbridge7

Silver Member
For me, it will be calorie counting as I think it will give me complete control over my diet. I also plan to join a gym and walk more x

Lizzylocket

Winning a losing battle!
Low GI and keep up the exercise for me I think. Exercise is the key for me as it's made such a difference to my body shape and it is NOT going back to the way it used to be!

I love my carbs so low GI might not work so well, planning on returning to SW

Sunshine Singer

Dropped White Sugar & Feeling Fantastic
When I've got through all the steps and learn about maintaining, I plan on taking it slowly. I def don't want to diet ever again. I'm with Coley on that one and never want to cut out certain food types. I see CD weightloss as a quick step to getting to the shape I want to be and then I want to make the most of learning to maintain my new weight/shape. I'm in no hurry to start eating everything around me :) and so once I reach my goal I'll take it day by day, then week by week and so on.

Jason Vale, The Juice Master's Slim 4 Life is an excellent book to read after CD. Def not to be read during but I love the way he thinks about food and share a lot of his opinions since reading it last year. xxx

LizzMB

WILL be Slim!
i'm planning on watching the old carbs....but i dont want to follow a "diet" ever again in my life....CD is teaching me about balance, portion size and SELF-CONTROL....as in me controlling the food and not the other way round!
I'm also going to be hitting the gym as soon as i get onto the 810/1000 plans 3/4 times a week!

I have learned already that if i want a cake, i will have a cake...BUT...that it has concequences...so i either hit the gym or eat well for the rest of the week to compensate

I'm excited about getting up the maintenance plans...! :D

xxx

MissPinky

Shrinky Pinky!
Low GI and as low carbs as I can muster is the way I'm going. Have bought a mass of different recipe books to keep me going and stop me getting bored. My postman hates my Amazon habit.

Because I like the 'predictability' of CD, I have every intention of defining an eating plan for my meals that I can use to guide me - previously I was way too 'do what I feel' and that's where carbs crept in and Haribo became a major issue. But I would also like to be/feel 'normal' and not deprive myself too strictly - I think it will mean learning to compensate for having a treat, rather than going 'oh what the hell...' and just having more.

LizS

Shut up Ethel
I'm loving the Neris and India Idiot-proof diet at the moment; it makes more sense to me than low-GI (and seems less restrictive). I know its called 'diet' in the title but its a long term lifestyle plan too. Lowcarbing seems to be the way to go for me - I am horribly carb sensitive.

What I already know I dont' want to do is be a lifetime member of WW. All that does is make me feel like a failure, and plus its 'dieting' which I am NOT going to do in future!

i plan to have a little bit of things i want long term in moderation but gym 3-4 times a week and not stuffing it all in at once

small moutfuls and dont be scared to throw food away dont have to finish my plate if full

Wales

Silver Member
My downfall was portion sizes and also meal sized snacks inbetween meals (if you know what I mean) - so for me it is all about quantity. I also don't want to be too restrictive but I think a low GI and moderate carb diet could be the way forward. I too don't want to be a lifetime member of WW.

I need to take responsibility for what I eat and also as mentioned understand that there are consequences for overeating.

Plus I hope that I will truly cherish being lighter than I have been in decades when I get to goal and I hope that I can live the mantra - nothing tastes as good as being slim feels!

im just going to make healthy choices, weigh myself once a week and give myself 5lb up or down and either lose a few or gain a few lbs x x