How are you starting CD ?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by paul1978, 29 December 2009 Social URL.

1. paul1978

paul1978 DO NOT QUIT !

I have posted this message on here and on the "returners" board to hopefully get a more variety of answers:

For everyone starting CD in the new year, how are you starting ? Are you just going to start straight on your desired CD plan or are you going to do low carbs leading up to CD or have you another method ?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. NumNums

NumNums Becca

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(14.67%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I'm going to cut out all fizzy juice and swap to water, so I get less of a withdrawl when I start CD.

I don't eat alot of carbs anyway, so I'm going to swap to low fat soups and fruit/veg.

Tempted to do a detox before I start too. Clear all the junk out of my system.

The hope is, putting this all together I wont feel so yukky with the big change to my diet.

4. DappyMare

DappyMare Girl on a mission

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    I'm Restarting on The 2nd and Will be going straight into sole source...cutting things down never helped when i eased myself into cambridge last time so cold turkey for me :) sick of food anyway after xmas and new year so looking forward to my shakes lol .

5. fitz

fitz Lovin it !!! :)

Hi
    I started yesterday on day 1 - cold turkey for me - didnt cut out a thing & finished choc, wine & leftovers on Sunday !!! Only thing for me is that I have always drunk loads of water so maybe this helps ?

Have a very mild headache today but other than that I feel fine - in fact I have that "rats bum" taste already in my mouth so feel ketosis may be on the way already.

6. Lily

Lily Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Most times, I find going cold turkey (LOL, how appropriate ;)) the best way for me. If I eat anything at all in those first few days, something in my brain tells me I'm cheating, and before I know it, I'm eating the entire contents of the fridge.

So although in theory, cutting down on carbs ought to work, it doesn't for me. Unfortunately. :sigh:

Still... I think I'm actually going to get through Day 1 at last. Yay me!! (it's only taken 3 days... :rolleyes:)

7. Aseyan

Aseyan Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    While I'm not restarting I did start CD in early December and actually used generic meal replacement shakes for 2 meals a day for the 5 days prior to starting the diet. I also quit drinking soda and caffeine the week before as well. I cant say if it helped a ton but I did get into keto by the end of day 2 so it definitely didn’t hurt!

Best of luck to all of you!!!

8. NumNums

NumNums Becca

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(14.67%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I've had some cakes and crisps because my CDC said my last chance to have anything junky left in my house. I feel bad for eating it tho lol.

9. jules75

jules75 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(8.55%)
    Diet:
    Cd
    Its cold turkey for me! Starter, or should i say re-started yesterday and to my amazement i feel fine, its normally around day 4 where i start to crumble, once im past this things tend to get alot easier. I figured if id have waited till after the new year i would have had even more to lose and felt worse about myself so il be toasting the new year with a glass of sparkling water!!!!

xx

10. Ani*me

Ani*me Full Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    i went into it cold turkey because i know i would of ate more than i should if i eased myself into it :)

11. jules75

jules75 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(8.55%)
    Diet:
    Cd
    Its the only way for me to do it as i keep saying to myself, oh il start 2moro, then when "2moro" arrives i find myself saying oh another day wont hurt, and the cycle continues!

xx

12. fed-up-and-fat

fed-up-and-fat hoping for a good loss

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st11lb(26.17%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Starting tomorrow and going cold turkey. I too can't cut down, just need to cut out. Am very nervous about tomorrow as never done Cambridge before. Lets hope I can do it, no, I know I can do it

Charlie xx

13. redhead66

redhead66 This will be my year

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(2.73%)
    Diet:
    Low carb
    I'm with Jules on this, tomorrow never comes for me... I can always find some excuse for just one more day before I restart :ashamed0005:

I need to narrow my food choices because otherwise I always think "one little cheat" won't matter, so it's cold turkey for me, even if it does mean the usual grotty headache etc etc :(

Best of luck to all the January restarters

14. paul1978

paul1978 DO NOT QUIT !

That is exactly what I am desperately trying to avoid. The first time I done CD, I had the worst headache ever. I think I may start on SS+ as I was best on that last time - On SS+ hopefully the headaches etc... wont be so bad either.

15. scojos

scojos Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.38%)
    im startting on 810 for a few days, then onto SS (hopefully!)
    tracy

16. Overtiredmum

Overtiredmum Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    CD Step 2
    I am restarting on 1 January and will go cold turkey, as like many of the others have said, I need to remove the option of food completely. I did restart in August after having my second baby, but was following 810 and just found ways to cheat and it just didn't work for me. So I will be getting straight into SS and cannot wait!

17. Caz

Caz Slimming down the aisle

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.7lb(3.25%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting / SML / Orlistat
    I'm jumping in head first, only way for me!

18. NumNums

NumNums Becca

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(14.67%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I'm really trying to up my water intake. I always drink very little of anything. So this is a big issue for me :(

19. scojos

scojos Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.38%)
    i dont find drinking an issue, its the not eating im struggling with:8855:
    tracy

20. icandoit

icandoit Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.76%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Straight in there

I finished all the christmas chocs and ate all my fav foods. Today is day 1 and straight in to cd!
    Probably going to pay for eatting crap for the last 2 weeks!

21. NumNums

NumNums Becca

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(14.67%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Since deciding to diet, I've actually found it very hard to eat anything. I'm just not interested in any food. Just making myself eat for the fact I need to now. Just can't wait to start!