How bad is coffee?

t11cky

Me and my g/friend started sw together and have been eating pretty much the same food over the last few weeks!!
She is losing weight and is doing well so far but not at the same speed as me which surprises us both as she is lighter than me but not that much, The main thing we can see that is different is I love my pepsi max and she loves her coffee!!
At a guess she must drink 7/8 coffees a day (white no sugar).
Could this be slowing her down?? as a few people said it could be!!
Oh and the milk is classed as her healthy A.
What do you all think??

there is evidence to show that caffeine can mess with your blood sugars but saying as there's caffeine in both coffee and pepsi max that wouldn't make much difference.

There are also those who say that as a general rule men lose weight quicker than women. Not sure if there's any evidence to support that but thats what some would say

I agree men lose faster especially if they cut down on the booze!

Coffee is known to help speed the metabolism i drink it black maybe its the milk is it skimmed or semi skimmed and how much is she going over her hex a allowance

I am glad to hear these opinions as I was really starting to think it could be slowing her down, but very good call about caffeine in both pespi max as well as coffee!!
After all I still think she is doing well as seen as she has lost 9lb's in 6 weeks!! so can't criticise her at all!!

Maybe if she's only drinking coffee and no water then she's could be dehydrated as caffeine is a diuretic.. And then holding onto alot of water in the body. Maybe :)

I'm sure it is just down to gender. Men have more muscle mass than women and muscle burns more calories than fat, not just when exercising but over the course of normal activities. But does it matter that she's losing more slowly? Everyone is different and there is nothing to be gained from comparisons with other people :)

Coffee has no affect on weight loss.

1) your heavier than her, but you are eating the same, you will have a higher cal deficit because of the extra weight you are carrying round and will therefore lose more.

2) men tend to lose weight quicker than woman.

I am 'a lot' heavier than my partner but our weight losses have been similar. However I have been sticking to between 5-10 daily sins a day where as he has been having between 10-20. However if i had the same sins as him I would be loosing very little. Everyone has different metabolisms, which is why some people can eat loads and not gain a ounce where as other only have to look at something naughty and they put on a stone (me!)

Maybe if she's only drinking coffee and no water then she's could be dehydrated as caffeine is a diuretic.. And then holding onto alot of water in the body. Maybe :)

Surprisingly, she does use water!!:)

She has lost 9lb in 6 weeks!!! That's fantastic. Men usually loose more than women. Please don't compete against each other instead encourage, reward and enjoy. It must be fantastic for you both to have the same dreams and stumbling blocks and both be in the same page to getting to target. My partner is a stick insect who doesn't understand at all and can live on junk and cheese and chocolate and never get above an extra small size. Well done for joining together and remember its not a diet, it's a new way of shopping, cooking, choosing and enjoying food. And together you will succeed. Good luck x

I'm sure it is just down to gender. Men have more muscle mass than women and muscle burns more calories than fat, not just when exercising but over the course of normal activities. But does it matter that she's losing more slowly? Everyone is different and there is nothing to be gained from comparisons with other people :)

I agree with it doesn't matter what speed it comes off but I think I know what is upsetting her. When we started I was a stone heavier than her, I have lost 1 1/2 stone and she has lost 1/2 a stone!!
I am sure you can work it out!!

It'll literally be the gender thing, men have more muscle and heavier bones so simply moving about uses more calories, however unless you are exercising alot of your losses will be muscle, which is bad! Try some strength training you will be more toned and keep the muscle, however the weight loss may slow(but don't worry about that).
Also women are more prone to lay down fat to support extra needs (pregnancy, breastfeeding etc) so genetically we're screwed weight wise lol!

Happy Slimming!

I went on a massive coffee bender a few weeks ago when we bought a Dolce Gusto machine, I lost about 1/2 a stone in a couple of days but it all reappeared within a couple of days.

Back